Deck 9 on Infinity?

darsura

We are cruising on the Celebrity Infinity for the first time. Originally planned to book 2 balcony rooms available on Deck 7, but switched to 2 rooms on Deck 9....C3-9153 and 9157.

Anyone with experience with these rooms on this decks? I read somewhere on these boards that Deck 9 can be noisy.

Also, These rooms are considered mid-ship, but they look to me to be toward the rear of the ship. I have no idea where the best place to be is, but I know I had other choices. I just didn't know which rooms to book. It has been 25 years since I last cruised.

Anyone with a preference for a particular deck? I need side by side or connecting balcony rooms. Thanks!

We are cruising on the Celebrity Infinity for the first time. Originally planned to book 2 balcony rooms available on Deck 7, but switched to 2 rooms on Deck 9....C3-9153 and 9157.

Anyone with experience with these rooms on this decks? I read somewhere on these boards that Deck 9 can be noisy.

Also, These rooms are considered mid-ship, but they look to me to be toward the rear of the ship. I have no idea where the best place to be is, but I know I had other choices. I just didn't know which rooms to book. It has been 25 years since I last cruised.

Anyone with a preference for a particular deck? I need side by side or connecting balcony rooms. Thanks!

9099, worse cabin I have ever had.. NOISY!:eek:

Last year we booked an aft Concierge Class cabin on Deck 9. Unfortunately, it was right under the Oceanview Bar and every morning around 6 am, it sounded like the crew had to move all the chairs for cleaning or set up. All that dragging and scraping was very noisy! We put up with it for 2 weeks, then moved to the aft cabin below it on Deck 8 for the next 2 weeks. What a difference! It was so quiet compared to just one floor up.

So, lesson learned, and from others we've met - we book no higher than Deck 8. Deck 9 can have quiet spots, depending on where you are, but with the pool deck and the buffet above you, there's a high potential for noise.

On a side note, we were just in CC 8080 last month and it was a quiet room overall. There was, however, some kind of watery noise in the walls that sounded like a brook flowing. No one on staff could explain what it was, supposing that it was a main water pipe. We just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong and that it was functioning properly. It wasn't disturbing, more like those water fountain machines in a spa for relaxation, so that's how we treated it!

Stay off of Deck Nine!!

Not because of noise, but because of the overhang that makes it impossible to see the sky. I love to go out on the balcony and enjoy our nights at sea - looking up at the moon, stars, sky, etc.

Can't do it on Deck Nine.

Also, if you like to take pictures of different ports from your balcony, expect every picture to be BLOCKED by the support beams that go across in front of each balcony.

I would go down to deck 8 if I were you.

VERY IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

You will absolutely LOVE the Infinity. We have been on LOTS of cruises, and have always shouted that the RCI Radiance Class ships were our favorite. Not any more.... The Infinity is the greatest!.:D

Hope This Helps.

There was, however, some kind of watery noise in the walls that sounded like a brook flowing. No one on staff could explain what it was, supposing that it was a main water pipe. We just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong and that it was functioning properly. It wasn't disturbing, more like those water fountain machines in a spa for relaxation, so that's how we treated it!

Strange, we had a similar water noise in a Celebrity Suite on deck 9 on Millennium in 2007.

Sue

So, lesson learned, and from others we've met - we book no higher than Deck 8. Deck 9 can have quiet spots, depending on where you are, but with the pool deck and the buffet above you, there's a high potential for noise.

Miss our Michael's daily meetings... It was a great cruise.

We have stayed on 9, horrible wakeup every morning as the towels are carted across the T-pool floor around 5:00 am, the shade is great if you don't like the sun, but the view along the ship is obstructed:

Infinitydeck910-03-0912-49-45PM.jpg

The problem with deck 9 is the overhang which restricts the view and the noise from the public deck above. Looking at the deck plan you would be under the Cafe which is carpeted so it might not be to bad.If you can transfer to Deck 8 that is your best bet. The Infinity is a great ship and you do not spend the whole cruise in your cabin.

Also the best photos are always taken on deck not from your balcony

Thanks for everybody's help. I just looked to see what is still available,and it looks like I could get deck 8. The rooms are in the aft section, 8147 and 8149. They are right near the elevator though. Would I be trading one type of noise for another?

Thoughts?

Thanks for everybody's help. I just looked to see what is still available,and it looks like I could get deck 8. The rooms are in the aft section, 8147 and 8149. They are right near the elevator though. Would I be trading one type of noise for another?

Thoughts?

Haven't looked at the deck plan, but you won't hear the elevators unless your door is open and you're right next to them. We have had rooms right next to them many times before with no noise.

Hope This Helps.

Thanks...actually looks like they are not directly near the elevators, but a few cabins before the elevators.

But seems like, from what I have read here, the balcony would not have that overhang, and that is something to consider too.

Hope these rooms are still available when my "certified planner" is, which is tomorrow.....

Miss our Michael's daily meetings... It was a great cruise.

Hi Arno! I know, Michael's was such a nice way for everyone to gather. Jim's still on the schedule, though - at 4:15 pm today I noticed he'd gotten a nice glass of wine to relax with. I told him the bar was closed now because it's after 6! ;)

Haven't looked at the deck plan, but you won't hear the elevators unless your door is open and you're right next to them. We have had rooms right next to them many times before with no noise.

Hope This Helps.

I read your post above this one and you mentioned you loved the Infinity. I am very happy to hear that as we are on the Infinity to Alaska in June. We sailed the Summit last year in the Mediteranian and loved it. I believe the Summit and Infinity are sister ships. Thank you for the good words, I had read some complaints about it too and was a bit nervous.

I read your post above this one and you mentioned you loved the Infinity. I am very happy to hear that as we are on the Infinity to Alaska in June. We sailed the Summit last year in the Mediteranian and loved it. I believe the Summit and Infinity are sister ships. Thank you for the good words, I had read some complaints about it too and was a bit nervous.

Hey, Lizard;

Don't listen to the "Negative Nillies" :p!!

The Infinity was a GREAT RIDE! The staff were the some of the nicest and friendliest we've experienced. From our Room Steward, to the Dining Staff - even the Head Waiter went waaaaay out of his way to do all kinds of special set-ups for us.

Our Rollcall Group (about 100 of us) was treated like Royalty by the Activities Director. I asked her if it would be ok for us to use the Sky Lounge for a "Post CC Party" and she took over voluntarily. She set it up, called all the members, sent out invitations, and had refreshments and the orchestra there. AMAZING!!

It was our best ever crusie because of all the special treatment we received - without asking for it or expecting it.

Hope This Gets You Going.... ;)

Hope these rooms are still available when my "certified planner" is, which is tomorrow.....

Were you able to switch cabins? When do you sail? We will be on Infinity on July 30. Be sure to join the roll call - it is a lot of fun and you get GREAT advice. :)

Given all the negative comments about deck 9 makes you wonder why so many cabins up there are classified as CC.

Because is most cases, the noise isn't an issue. As reported by some of the posts here, it can be, but our expereince, it isn't a problem and we've had 4 SRs on Deck 9. Now a few were forward more under the Spa area and so on - got the angled 90434 and loved it - have it again! On M-Class I love the CC on 9 forward. that way, we can zip up to the T-Spa and enjoy it in the morning and have a nice breakfast in the Aqua Cafe. great setup.

So it depends on location and your sensitivity to bumps and scrapes. Did have one SR where I heard them moving the deck chairs a bit, but not really an issue ----- for me. So keep it in perspective. People have legit gripes, but really not that many of the SR's are a problem, but it can be hit-miss.

Denny

Were you able to switch cabins? When do you sail? We will be on Infinity on July 30. Be sure to join the roll call - it is a lot of fun and you get GREAT advice. :)

Yes, I was able to switch to Deck 8! Got 2 connecting cabins, 8145 and 8147, which is what I wanted anyway.....like to keep the "kids" close (ages 24, 21, 17).

I will be on the Infinity a week later than you. Have fun, and report back!

Thanks to everyone here for their help!

Yes, I was able to switch to Deck 8! Got 2 connecting cabins, 8145 and 8147, which is what I wanted anyway.....like to keep the "kids" close (ages 24, 21, 17).

I will be on the Infinity a week later than you. Have fun, and report back!

We're on the August 6th sailing too! Very much looking forward to our first Infinity cruise and our first to Alaska. It'll be a great time to get out of the heat and humidity of Virginia!

Given all the negative comments about deck 9 makes you wonder why so many cabins up there are classified as CC.

Actually, Deck 9 is the reason there is the CC class. So many people were avoiding deck 9 that they added perks. Then, folks like the perks so much, CC was added to the other decks. :)

Hmm. We booked a guarantee room on Infinity in CC. I just saw that they've assigned us 9162... veranda room facing aft. Right under the bar. :-/

Hopefully it won't be too noisy. The price sure was right, though!

Archived