The key card that I want is out of reach

You know you hear on the boards that people can't wait to get the Diamond Key Card. Or then there are those that want the Conceirge Key Card. I will give up my DL, CL card if someone would hand me the most important key card that anyone in there right mind would accept.

When I check in at the counter I want my seapass card and then I would like them to say Mr E here is elevator express card. You know that slot in the wall at the elevators.

My knees dont like to use the stairs but in a pinch I will question should I wait for the elevator or try to go down one flight just to wait again. I know the maintenance guys have the key and the officers. Of course they never use it when passengers are around.

But who in there right mind would not give up there other cards for this one that could save you so much time on each cruise.

If you know whom I can contact to get the master key to all the ships. Please let me know and if needed I will PAY FOR IT:rolleyes:

LOL - That is why we try to book a higher a deck - I rarely get on the elevators. Tough on the knees, yep, helpful for all the extras we consume - you betcha.

I would happily book deck 2 if it came with one of those prized cards. :D

I don't mind a few flights of stairs, but going up 8 or 9 flights is a bit much! Going down is easier, unless you're in heels...then even that's a danger!

I'd prefer they install LARGER elevator cars, so that more than 2 adults and a stroller can fit!

Please let me know and if needed I will PAY FOR IT:rolleyes:

That's funny, Arvids. That key card would be a great thing to show to the people who always "conveniently" display their gold suite cars for everyone to see. ;)

Ah, if only I had access to some of these cards to sell . . . . :)

I got on an elevator only one time on a week-long cruise, and that was during express debarkation, when I was hauling luggage down to the proper level to get off the ship.

That's funny, Arvids. That key card would be a great thing to show to the people who always "conveniently" display their gold suite cars for everyone to see. ;)

Paul I think you should have the authority to get me one. At least when we are in U.S. Coastal waters. You know how bad my knees and ankle are. And after a few drinks I really dont need to walk the stairs. So I need the express elevator key card.

I just want a Gold Card so that I can use one of those 50 empty sun loungers reserved for Gold Card holders every day. What a waste - no one uses them.

Really? On Explorer we certainly used them as did many others. There were several times that all the chairs were being used by Gold Card holders.

We also rarely use the elevators. Our complaints (when we did) about them were people showing up after us and rushing to get on before us and kids hitting the close door button as the doors open so no one has time to actually get onboard.

We use the stairs. Walking up stairs is good for your heart. Walking down stairs is tough on your knees.

BTW, last I checked, they're not anyone's personal elevators.

You know you hear on the boards that people can't wait to get the Diamond Key Card. Or then there are those that want the Conceirge Key Card. I will give up my DL, CL card if someone would hand me the most important key card that anyone in there right mind would accept.

When I check in at the counter I want my seapass card and then I would like them to say Mr E here is elevator express card. You know that slot in the wall at the elevators.

My knees dont like to use the stairs but in a pinch I will question should I wait for the elevator or try to go down one flight just to wait again. I know the maintenance guys have the key and the officers. Of course they never use it when passengers are around.

But who in there right mind would not give up there other cards for this one that could save you so much time on each cruise.

If you know whom I can contact to get the master key to all the ships. Please let me know and if needed I will PAY FOR IT:rolleyes:

I would love one. But first you need to find an elevator that stops on your Deck to pick you up. :rolleyes: That is very rare.

And when they do stop, even if you were the only one there, it leaves with the people who came out of of nowhere and jumped in ahead of you. And low and behold you are still standing there waiting for the next one.

So an elevator express card really would not work. :D

I have now resigned myself to booking cabins on Deck 6 on the Mariner and Deck 7 on the Serenade so that I can walk down 1 flight to get to the main decks.

And we can walk up 1 deck to get back to our cabin. :o

PS, When we could, we always used the stairs. Medical reasons now stop us from doing that.

I don't understand why people complain about the elevators so much?!? What ship were you on?

I was recently on Liberty, where I expected elevator issues, and not once did I have to wait more than 2-3 minutes and they were NEVER full.

Hey Arvids, if I could get you one, I would. I've personally seen that ankle of yours and really, it needs an express elevator.

How is it doing after your recent procedures? Hoping that it's healing as the drs want.

Wish we could join you for the birthday bashes next year. Kids were all set to jump on board!

Miss you guys lots!

Love to Laura and Cruz.

You can hold the button in the elevator in m,y work building and it will zoom past other floors. I'm not saying the elevator on the ship would function in the same manner, but it's worth a try. Don't let off the button until it approaches your floor.

Archived