Cannaletto menu

royal65

We will be on the Westerdam in August and I understand she came out of drydock with a Cannaletto dining venue. Is the menu the same night-after-night in the Cannaletto or does it vary daily and can anyone share a menu or favorite non-fish dishes. Thanks.

Canaletto Menu

ANTIPASTI e ZUPE:

Our chef’s selection of antipasti, cucumber and olives

Insalata Canaletto – Seasonal greens and tomato, cucumber and olives

Minestrone – A flavorful tomato broth consisting of white beans, pasta shells, fresh vegetables and thyme

Zuppe Di Pesce – Assorted seafood simmered with vegetables, tomatoes, flat parsley and saffron

PASTA, CARNE, PESCE e POLLO

Penne Alla Vodka – A deliciously light combination of our Pomodoro sauce, cream and vodka

Linguini Frutti Di Mare – Linguini pasta and clams, mussels, shrimps and scallops tossed in garlic, onions and cherry tomatoes

Baked Meat Lasagna Pomodoro – Baked with meat and tomato sauce and gratinated with four cheese sauce.

Veal Milanese – Breaded veal scaloppini with porcini mushrooms, spaghetti and vegetables

Chicken Marsala Scaloppini – Tender Scallops of chicken breast glazed with Marsala wine. Served with linguini pasta tossed with tomato and roasted garlic

Cod Putanesca – Marinated in lemon, oregano and olive oil, quickly sautéed and coated with a flavorful herbed tomato concassee with kalamata olives, capers and chopped parsley, served with grilled cheese polenta and balsamic glace

Spaghetti with Meatballs – The classic way to eat spaghetti; home made meatballs braised in a tomato and meat sauce served over olive oil tossed spaghetti

DOLCI

Trio of Tiramisu – Italy’s most famous dessert: presented in three flavored variations, espresso, lemon and Amaretto

Limoncello Crème – Refreshing crème topped with Tuscan lemon liqueur

Mille-Feuille of Madagascar Chocolate – With walnut praline and ice-cream

Gelato – A refreshing and full-flavored selection: strawberry, mango, vanilla and lemon

We ate at the Canelletto on the Oosterdam in November. The food was okay.. the favourite at our table was the chicken and the lasagna. The restaurant is small - a sectioned-off part of the Lido dining room and fairly quiet. The wait staff are dressed like Venetian gondoliers and the service was great. It might be a nice, free alternative to the Pinnacle for a birthday or anniversary. Make sure you book a table.

We dined in the Canaletto twice on our Ryndam cruise two weeks ago. First night was superb. DH had lasagna, and second night he had spaghetti and meatballs which he enjoyed immensely. I had chicken marsala both nights. First was wonderful, and second was not good. I wasn't feeling well (start of a cold), and didn't realize till we left that they had left the marsala sauce off, so it was just chicken. My fault for not bringing it to their attention. We would definitely choose the Canaletto on a future cruise.

What was the antipasti plate like -- cucumbers are not typically Italian, but they are Dutch. Did they have meats and cheeses and marinated vegetables? Thanks.
They bring out a large platter with lots of meats and cheeses for you to choose from.

We just off the Oosterdam and my DH loved Caneletto so much we ate there 3 times. The antipasta is worth the trip on its own...meats, cheese, ratatouille, roasted peppers, fresh mozzarella, asparagus....need I go on. I loved the chicken marsala and the minestrone was delicious. As others have said the menu is the same every night, but it is a great alternative to the dining room and very romantic....we had great service also.

Is it as good as it sounds? I'm hungry :)

I was not so impressed 2 weeks ago on Amsterdam. I think you're much better off in the main dining room or the Pinnacle Grill. And, I love Italian food, good Italian food, that is. I thought it was mediocre, at best. Very Olive Gardenish. But then again, a lot of people love Olive Garden.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't care at all for the lasagne on the Zaandam in April. I'm not fussy, but it was nothing like any Italian food I've had in the US or Italy. Too much ground beef, kind of sloppy, and no flavor IMO.

I'd like to give the Canaletto a try again on another cruise, but don't think I'll order lasagne again. ;)

Archived