Canvas bags provided by Princess?

pms4104

New to Princess but not to cruising. Some lines, such as HAL, provide a logo canvas tote bag to each passenger or cabin prior to the first port of call. Does Princess do this?

I have been following the Princess board for several months and have seen no mention of this ... I apoligize if I overlooked a thread that addressed this topic.

New to Princess but not to cruising. Some lines, such as HAL, provide a logo canvas tote bag to each passenger or cabin prior to the first port of call. Does Princess do this?

I have been following the Princess board for several months and have seen no mention of this ... I apoligize if I overlooked a thread that addressed this topic.

In suites they do.

Otherwise no.

In suites they do.

Otherwise no.

That was quick!:D

Guessing that's for full suites, not mini's ... right?

If not in mini's, we'll just take one of our Holland America bags for beach and ports.

The HAL bags are a nice touch. Of course, it means that just about everyone has the same bag around the ship or on tour, but I just bring mine home and use it for knitting projects, etc.

I've seen other cruise line logo apparel and bags on Princess cruises. I prefer to take a Whole Foods bag I have rather than the small HAL canvas bag. The Whole Foods one is larger and is made from recycled plastic bottles, which is better for holding damp beach towels.

We just got back from a HAL cruise, and ran into a situation that was rather funny. We were in Anchorage, and had taken both the canvas bag HAL gave us plus one from Princess from a previous cruise. When we went to get on the bus back to our ship, I was carrying the Princess Bag (full, of course). The lady in front of me looked at me and said that I was about to get on the wrong bus, as this one was going to the Amsterdam. She pointed to the Princess Bus, right in front of the HAL one, and suggested that was the one I really wanted. I laughed, and showed her that my husband had the HAL bag and that we indeed did belong on this bus. I must admit that I would have rather been getting on the Princess bus, as we learned on this (our first, and probably our last) cruise on HAL that we much prefer Princess.

Well, I bought my Princess bag in the gift shop.....white with Princess logo on it, and

a dark blue bottom. The first time I put a damp beach towel in it, the dark blue ran all

over the white. Wouldn't have minded so much if it had been free.

Be sure with any of them that the color is fast......otherwise you may wind up with a mess

like I did.

We did a 14 day Caribbean on the Grand Princess this past January and everyone received a blue Princess Tote bag in their cabin. It was fairly large but not as large as the recyclable Princess bags you win at trivia. I have been on the Star and the Grand (again) since and have not gotten another bag.

We did a 14 day Caribbean on the Grand Princess this past January and everyone received a blue Princess Tote bag in their cabin. It was fairly large but not as large as the recyclable Princess bags you win at trivia. I have been on the Star and the Grand (again) since and have not gotten another bag.

Could have been a TA or group promo.

Really kind of surprised that Princess doesn't provide the bags, at least one per cabin, as they likely are very cheap to procure and are a nice marketing tool.

Got tons of canvas bags that I use for grocery and, for that matter, all my shopping ... mostly because plastic, after all, is a petroleum product. I'll just bring along a couple for onboard and shore use.

In suites they do.

Otherwise no.

We were on the Crown in January and we received a Princess Bag. It was a nice size to take with us shopping to put all the little bags in. I also got a smaller one with a jewellery purchase in one of the ships boutiques.

Darlene

Really kind of surprised that Princess doesn't provide the bags, at least one per cabin, as they likely are very cheap to procure and are a nice marketing tool.

Got tons of canvas bags that I use for grocery and, for that matter, all my shopping ... mostly because plastic, after all, is a petroleum product. I'll just bring along a couple for onboard and shore use.

HAL pays nearly $3.00 per canvas bag made in China.

They are too small to carry very much.

Princess carried over 1 million passengers last year.

They had the choice to spend $3 million on free canvas bags that are too small - or have the passengers spend $10 million buying tote bags in the onboard shops.

I wonder what possessed them to make such a foolish choice?

we got a really nice big Princess bag in our room on our Panama Canal cruise in Feb. It was great to carry all our stuff on the plane. We were in a mini-suite so I do not know if everyone on the ship got one but it certainly was a nice touch!:D

HAL pays nearly $3.00 per canvas bag made in China.

They are too small to carry very much.

Princess carried over 1 million passengers last year.

They had the choice to spend $3 million on free canvas bags that are too small - or have the passengers spend $10 million buying tote bags in the onboard shops.

I wonder what possessed them to make such a foolish choice?

You're right although $3-million in advertising/promotion as people bring them home and use them is probably a small price to pay for promotion and good will.

That was quick!:D

Guessing that's for full suites, not mini's ... right?

If not in mini's, we'll just take one of our Holland America bags for beach and ports.

This was on the Golden. If this guy can wear his Hal shirt EVERY DAY....(no kidding.) You can certainly take your Hal tote bag!

hal-protest.jpg

We received a complimentary bag on our last Princess cruise. We were in an obstructed outside. Our daughter was in an inside and she got a bag too. They are dark blue and the size of a reusable grocery store shopping bag. I'm using mine for groceries every week. Thanks, Princess!

Ha ha I guess we did quite well at trivia. We came away with about 12 blue bags that are pretty nice to use for groceries. Also got 3 or 4 of the blue reversable ones with the zipper. We've given quite a few of them away.

Archived