Another future cruise certificate question

truffles68

I am not too clear on fcc so I will not do any booking until I hear from the wise, seasoned cruisers.

I plan to go on two cruises this summer.

Cruise # 1 will be with my hubby in late August.

Cruise # 2 will be with my mother early August.

Both my husband and I bought the future cruise certificates while on board Ruby last year in August, 2009.

From previous threads I THOUGHT I read since we both bought the fcc under the old system,

I would be able to use my hubby's fcc for both hubby and myself (both get obc). The bottom if the fcc reads: This offer is applicable to the first two passengers in the stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers.

Am I reading this correctly ?

If the answer is yes, then I would like to use my own fcc for cruise # 2 with my mom in early August.

If the answer is no, then would I be able to use mine for cruise # 2 (early August) and then buy more fcc and use it for cruise #1 (late August) even though I might have booked & paid for it already. Am I allowed to do that ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

I am not too clear on fcc so I will not do any booking until I hear from the wise, seasoned cruisers.

Both my husband and I bought the future cruise certificates while on board Ruby last year in August, 2009.

From previous threads I THOUGHT I read since we both bought the fcc under the old system,

I would be able to use my hubby's fcc for both hubby and myself (both get obc). The bottom if the fcc reads: This offer is applicable to the first two passengers in the stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers.

If the answer is yes, then I would like to use my own fcc for cruise # 2 with my mom in early August.

If the answer is no, then would I be able to use mine for cruise # 2 (early August) and then buy more fcc and use it for cruise #1 (late August) even though I might have booked & paid for it already. Am I allowed to do that ?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Yeah, I don't think so. I think now you each have to have a FCC.

Mike

I just asked this question to Princess last week. The rules have changed, and only you can use your FCC, and only your husband can use his. Your mom will have to pay a regular deposit on her spot. I think the change sucks, because I was wanting to use some of mine for my daughter. Oh well.

I thought I remembered that although things have changed and to get the full benefit of booking with an FCC you must have one each purchased in the passengers names on a previous sailing. BUT you can still use one FCC for the first two passengers (reduced deposit), but the passenger that doesn't have an FCC in their name will not receive any shipboard credit for the sailing?????????

Am I remembering incorrectly since they changed the FCC rules?

I thought I remembered that although things have changed and to get the full benefit of booking with an FCC you must have one each purchased in the passengers names on a previous sailing. BUT you can still use one FCC for the first two passengers (reduced deposit), but the passenger that doesn't have an FCC in their name will not receive any shipboard credit for the sailing?????????

I remembered it the same way:confused:

I bought 2 FCCs Sept 09, when I booked for this Sept, I was able to use my FCC but

not DH's because my DD is going with me. My FCC paid the entire deposit.

DD did not have to pay one.

I booked my last cruise this way. My wife had an FCC and I had one. We booked 2 rooms with one child and one adult. I only had to pay $100 deposit for each child. As a matter of fact I had 2 FCC's in my name and they let me use it for one of the kids deposits. We only received OBC's for myself and my wife.

I would be able to use my hubby's fcc for both hubby and myself (both get obc). The bottom if the fcc reads: This offer is applicable to the first two passengers in the stateroom only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. This can be interpreted as meaning only the first two passengers in a cabin can each use an FCC.

If the answer is no, then would I be able to use mine for cruise # 2 (early August) and then buy more fcc and use it for cruise #1 (late August) even though I might have booked & paid for it already. Am I allowed to do that ? Once you have paid in full, you cannot apply an FCC,

Please advise.

Thanks.

See comments in red above.

a) Looks like both cruises you wish to book are already past the final payment date, so you will need to pay in full when booking. You can apply the $200 worth of FCCs when booking.

b) As others have pointed out, under current rules the use of an FCC only applies to the name of the person on the FCC. Thus, the use of your husband's FCC will get him and only him an OBC and the use of your FCC will get you and only you an OBC.

c) Under the previous way it worked, you could have done what you wanted, using your husband's FCC to get OBC for both of you on the first voyage and using your FCC to get OBC for you and your mother on the second voyage.

d) Are you booking using a travel agent who does lots of business with Princess? If so, the TA might be able to get you in under the old way if he/she knows who to ask and how to ask it, but that is not a certainty.

If you/husband/mother think you will be cruising with Princess again in the next four years, be sure to get FCCs in your names during this August's cruises.

Enjoy your cruises.

Well, no fair. I wonder,then, why I couldn't use DH's FCC for DD, when I paid for it, anyway.

I wanted her to get the $100 OBC.

My son didn't get the OBC. I purchased an extra OBC for myself on a previous cruise thinking that my wife and I would be able to book with one FCC and $100 deposit and still both receive an OBC. Then they changed the rules. I figured since they offered me the option to use the extra one I would just use it and buy 2 more when I got on the ship. We booked inside cabins so I was only giving up a $25 OBC. My plan was to buy one for each of us but I found out that the child has to be at least 16 to be eligible for an FCC.

A big thank you for everone's input ! I now have a good understanding of fcc.

I will definitely buy fcc for myself and hubby on the upcoming cruise.

I was hoping that I would be able to buy fcc on board the early August sailing & then use it to get obc for the late August cruise. I now know I can not do that.

We are going on our first Princess cruise in September. We have in the past bought FCC from NCL. I think I like their option better. You pay $250 and have 4 years to use it. You also get an immediate $100 OBC applied to the cruise you are currently on.......it doesnt matter the type of cabin. Since we usually book insides......it seems much better than a future $25 or so OBC through Princess. Maybe I have missed something? Oh...through NCL the FCC is for the CABIN.

I can use one FCC for my deposit and my DH will pay the $100 deposit, since he doesn't have any FCC left?

I will receive the OBC and DH will not receive any OBC.

Is this correct?

My wife and I each purchased a FCC back in 2007, and when we went on a cruise last year (before the rule change), we were told that, if we used 1 FCC total (i.e. $100), we would each get OBC (which was $75 EACH for the cruise). We were told that we should hold the 2nd OBC for a future cruise. Anyway, we just used the 1 FCC, and we received the $150 total OBC.

We recently booked (within the last couple months) another cruise, and I noticed the new OBC rule change before I booked. I called Princess and explained how we were told, during our previous booking, that we should hold 1 FCC (until this new cruise) because we would each receive the OBC. Princess explained the new change, but the rep. passed me on to a supervisor. The supervisor told me to contact her after I booked my new cruise, which I did, and she added the 2nd OBC to our booking.

So, if your experience is similar to mine, I HIGHLY suggest calling Princess and explaining the situation nicely....you may get some OBC added on!

Archived