Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Shepsue

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft Lauderdale located near the port and that offers a free shuttle to the port? Thanks for your help.
Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

I suggest that you do some reading on the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

There you'll find information from cruisers on all lines, not just HAL.

While in Ft Lauderdale we stayed at the HYATT PLACE. A little pricey but free shuttle and very clean rooms. Call: 888 Hyatt hp or go to : www.hyattplace.com

Please go here: http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Cruise port is half mile away. Lotsa good resturaunts and stores in walking distance.

Hyatt Pier 66 is right across 17th Street Causeway from Port Everglades. A taxi only costs about $7.00. Lovely hotel with beautiful grounds and fabulous pool; big lobby bar and great breakfast room.

La Quinta in Hollywood is less pricey than the hotels mentioned above. They have a free shuttle to the port. We alway drive down to Ft. Lauderdale so we park our car at the hotel (free parking for up to 30 days) I understand that they also have free shuttles from the airport. Not a bad deal for the price and it includes continental breakfast. A nice mall within walking distance is also a plus.

I just stayed last week at the Fairfield Inn Cruise Port. They have a free shuttle from the airport and a $8 shuttle to the port. It includes breakfast is clean, new and very nice. Also, it is not very expensive.

While in Ft Lauderdale we stayed at the HYATT PLACE. A little pricey but free shuttle and very clean rooms. Call: 888 Hyatt hp or go to : www.hyattplace.com

Please go here: http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Cruise port is half mile away. Lotsa good resturaunts and stores in walking distance.

We usually stay at Pier 66 or Renaissance, but last time flew in late the night before sailing day, so didn't need the large hotel amenities we usually enjoy for a longer stay. So we, too, stayed at Hyatt Place and it was perfect for a quick overnight. Best thing was they have the same wonderful Hyatt beds as the larger Hyatts.

To avoid high-priced rack rates at Hyatt Place, go to ValueTrips.com ( http://valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm ) where they sell this property for $89 in off season (April 1-Oct 27). That price included airport/cruise port shuttles and breakfast.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

For 3 years, we have loved staying at the Spring Hill Suites(Marriott) at Dania Beach. They provide a free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port which is about 15 minutes away. This info is accurate as of October 2009.

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites for many years both pre and post cruises.

Love the free breakfast and managers cocktail party each evening.

Short taxi ride to the pier.

I agree love the Embassy Suites.Have visited precruise friends there many times.

We have been using La Quinta for years and have been very satisfied. They have a free shuttle in the am to the docks.

You can also park you car there for free for up to 30 days if you stay one night at the motel

Ruth & Jim

Hi,

I have recently stayed at the Embassy Suites, Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina and Hyatt Rgency Pier Sixty-Six prior to cruises. I prefer the Hilton and the Hyatt because they both offer guest rooms that have excellent views of the harbor and cruise ships. I always request a room with a "cruise ship view." Of these three hotels, I think the Hyatt is the nicest. All three are only a short taxi ride to the pier.

Chuck

We've been staying at Hyatt Pier 66 for probably 20 years or more and always have a room with a full view to Port Everglades. It's so nice watching the ships come early in the morning and watching them sail in the evening.

Hyatt is a full service resort and some of the remodeling they did to lobby /bar area and breakfast room are terrific. The grounds are so beautiful and great lunch poolside at the outdoor bar/restaurant.

Glorious to walk over to their Marina behind Grill 66 and see the magnificent yachts tied up. Enjoy lunch at The Pelican.

Makes me wish we were there now. :)

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Cruiseport and the Hampton Inn in Plantation. Both offer free shuttle service to and from the airport and to and from the cruiseport.

Roz

I agree love the Embassy Suites.Have visited precruise friends there many times.

We have stayed there many times. It may be slightly pricey, depending on your budget.

But, it is money well spent.

Chuck,

Thanks for the info. I'm a Hilton Honors member, so that's another hotel I can consider when using points to book a room.

Roz

Roz,

I know what you mean. My travel companion also is a member of Hilton Honors. This is the reason we stayed at the Embassy Suites several times. I was glad to see that the Marriott changed to a Hilton. I prefer a hotel that overlooks the cruise ships. We stayed at the Hilton for free in December (in a room on the top floor with an excellent view of the cruise ships). For my last cruise, I sailed solo and stayed at the Hyatt for something different.

Chuck

DH and I have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd., great hot breakfast, free shuttle to the Port and $6 per night to leave our car at the hotel during the cruise. There are many cruisers who stay there. We don't wait for the shuttle upon return and pay $20 for a taxi back to the hotel.

Archived