Breakfast in the Pinnacle

Crazy Gramps

Pass this onto HAL.

If there's no Pinnacle everyday, this will be my last cruise.

For what I pay, Vegas will kneel down and bless me every day.

It's not the food. It's primarily the ambiance and starting my day quietly.

They need the Pinnacle staff in the Lido? The most number of wait people I think I ever saw in the Pinnacle was 5.

No it isn't what it used to be and that's where it ends for me.

At the end of the day it's my money and I get to say how I spend it.

Gramps

Gramps, DBA is staying out of this, so i cannot ask him to pass it on to HAL.

Have to remember he's just an employee. What everyone should do who is upset by this is write HAL and/email HAL and get their answers.

That way, 1) they will know it's important to you 2) they should be able to tell you what the chance of it being in effect is and 3) they can confirm it is a perk.

or you can call them as well to get your answers first. But I always find it's wise to put it in writing.

Let us know how you make out. don't let this spoil what will be a beautiful cruise.

Actually everyone who is stating this is so important should let HAL know as well as the lurkers out there.

If no one says anything, how is HAL to know it is this important to some people? And then HAL can gage how important this issue really is to their suite passengers. And make their decision

on my last trip I spoke to the Captain, Food manager and the Beverage manager.

I was answered by shrugs.

If they're not offering breakfast for the first 2 or 3 days tell me.

Don't lie about it . Had 2 people in the Pinnacle flat out lie to me. I have a problem with that.

The cruise I'm taking in the spring was booked by the lovely wife. I'm shutting up and just going.

Gramps

Just back from the Zaandam June 4-11 Alaskan cruise. The Pinnacle was not open for breakfast the entire week. As suite guests, we were told the Kings Room next to the Main dining room was our breakfast option. We were not notified of this and had to find out for ourselves. After 2 mornings of going down to the Pinnacle and finding it closed, we finally inquired (we are a bit slow!) and they told us about the Kings Room.

This Kings Room is just a cordoned off area of the main dining room. Similar ambiance and same food.

on my last trip I spoke to the Captain, Food manager and the Beverage manager.

I was answered by shrugs.

If they're not offering breakfast for the first 2 or 3 days tell me.

Don't lie about it . Had 2 people in the Pinnacle flat out lie to me. I have a problem with that.

The cruise I'm taking in the spring was booked by the lovely wife. I'm shutting up and just going.

Gramps

Understandable. Hotel Manager is probably the best one to talk to on board. Also, when you get that survey at the end of the cruise, fill it out and include this issue (if it is still an issue). Best bet is still to tell Seattle though. They are the ones that can do something whether it be in brochures, web pages or whatever. Captain can only do what he has been instructed to.

Enjoy your cruise!

The King's Room was used for years for suite breakfast before the PG. Going back to it makes sense while they are doing this Noro thing since MDR servers can be used while PG stewards help out in the Lido. It sounds like a satisfactory compromise to me.

I'm sure HAL is shocked at the outcry here on CC about the PG not being open for 2 days of each cruise. So few suite pax take advantage of the breakfast amenity to begin with and many here have posted service was so slow in the PG they only tried it once and never went back. So it not like there has ever been a huge demand for the PG to be open. We do Neptune as a wake up and then either room service or Lido (where we meet suite friends who never do PG either).

I, too, very much enjoy eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. We eat there every single morning. But I can testify that many mornings the crowd is pretty sparse. Indeed on a particular sailing last year, we were the only ones (seriously!) that showed up on probably 12 out of 15 mornings.

It was fun to talk with the ladies and gents there and to have all of that attention, but I couldn't help feeling a bit sheepish that 5 people were assigned there to serve just the 2 of us. The manager was there too.

So, I will happily eat elsewhere while the Pinnacle staff is otherwise occupied.

When the PG is available in the a.m., I'll be there.

The King's Room was used for years for suite breakfast before the PG. Going back to it makes sense while they are doing this Noro thing since MDR servers can be used while PG stewards help out in the Lido. It sounds like a satisfactory compromise to me.

I'm sure HAL is shocked at the outcry here on CC about the PG not being open for 2 days of each cruise. So few suite pax take advantage of the breakfast amenity to begin with and many here have posted service was so slow in the PG they only tried it once and never went back. So it not like there has ever been a huge demand for the PG to be open. We do Neptune as a wake up and then either room service or Lido (where we meet suite friends who never do PG either).

I loved the Kings' Room on our South America tour. We had the same waiters for breakfast and lunch and service was excellent. It was always busy with suite passengers.

however, I believe the Kings and Queen's rooms are only available on certain ships. (at least as a real room).

But then, the PG is always busy in the morning on our cruises as well. We must choose different styles of cruises that attract different types of passengers. Not sure. the PG is plenty busy when we go.

King's Room when first built on the ships were used as Captain's Dining Room. They would often host beautiful dinners with long oblong table seating about 18 or so guests. Sometimes the party was even larger and they had additional tables set out. Those evenings were fabulous. Sometimes if the ship was very heavily booked, they set additional dining tables in there for guests' use when they needed additional seating.

In order to build Pinnacles, they took King's Room, what used to be Maitre d's office and a portion of Explorers Lounge.

Breakfast in King's Room was always very nicely done.

"R" Class ships came from shipyard with either Marco Polo Restaurant (Zaandam and Volendam) or Odyssey Restaurant (Rotterdam and Amsterdam). Those restaurants were converted into Pinnacle Grills.

Just back from the Zaandam June 4-11 Alaskan cruise. The Pinnacle was not open for breakfast the entire week. As suite guests, we were told the Kings Room next to the Main dining room was our breakfast option. We were not notified of this and had to find out for ourselves. After 2 mornings of going down to the Pinnacle and finding it closed, we finally inquired (we are a bit slow!) and they told us about the Kings Room.

This Kings Room is just a cordoned off area of the main dining room. Similar ambiance and same food.

On the Zaandam, Volendam, Rotterdam and Amsterdam the King's Room has always been used for breakfast for the Suite guests. This is not new about breakfast?

There should have been a letter in your cabin on the first day indicating where breakfast would be. We have always had the letters in our cabin except for one time several years ago on the Ryndam.

If you noticed the Pinnacle -- why did you not ask the concierges?

I, too, very much enjoy eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. We eat there every single morning. But I can testify that many mornings the crowd is pretty sparse. Indeed on a particular sailing last year, we were the only ones (seriously!) that showed up on probably 12 out of 15 mornings.

It was fun to talk with the ladies and gents there and to have all of that attention, but I couldn't help feeling a bit sheepish that 5 people were assigned there to serve just the 2 of us. The manager was there too.

So, I will happily eat elsewhere while the Pinnacle staff is otherwise occupied.

When the PG is available in the a.m., I'll be there.

I think this post is worth way more than the 2 cents you gave it:):).

A positive, understanding and patient response is priceless.

As a regular Suite user, I would rather continue to have the Suite Breakfast in the Pinnacle and have the personnel who would usually service the "meet and greet" gathering tend to the Lido or maybe delay that gathering for a few days.

Pass this onto HAL.

If there's no Pinnacle everyday, this will be my last cruise.

For what I pay, Vegas will kneel down and bless me every day.

It's not the food. It's primarily the ambiance and starting my day quietly.

They need the Pinnacle staff in the Lido? The most number of wait people I think I ever saw in the Pinnacle was 5.

No it isn't what it used to be and that's where it ends for me.

At the end of the day it's my money and I get to say how I spend it.

Gramps

....We enjoy the PG breakfast because it is prepared in the PG galley on an as ordered basis. At least it is on the Prinsendam. The food quality as well as the ambiance is far superior to the MDR.... We now cruise mostly on Regent due to all the cutbacks we have seen over the past 4 or 5 years....

I loved the Kings' Room on our South America tour. We had the same waiters for breakfast and lunch and service was excellent. It was always busy with suite passengers.

however, I believe the Kings and Queen's rooms are only available on certain ships. (at least as a real room).

But then, the PG is always busy in the morning on our cruises as well. We must choose different styles of cruises that attract different types of passengers. Not sure. the PG is plenty busy when we go.

On our last December 2009 Noordam cruise we had breakfast 9 morning out of 10 at PG and it was always busy most tables was taken, the service was superb and the breakfast choices were really great always came hot hot hot to the table that is one of the reasons we decided to book SA for our upcoming cruise we felt like begin our day with excellent calm relaxing and upscale breakfast was a great perk for us , since we are not crazy about crowds at Lido, don’t get me wrong Lido is great for lunch or snack but I was always thought that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!!!!!!!!:)

....We enjoy the PG breakfast because it is prepared in the PG galley on an as ordered basis. At least it is on the Prinsendam. The food quality as well as the ambiance is far superior to the MDR.... We now cruise mostly on Regent due to all the cutbacks we have seen over the past 4 or 5 years....

so I guess the point has been made .....right here....

silly to a lot of people, but obviously counted to some. Obviously service means something to these people because Regent costs more than HAL

so they took certain people's advice and left HAl - is that really want we want? i don't think so

....We enjoy the PG breakfast because it is prepared in the PG galley on an as ordered basis. At least it is on the Prinsendam. The food quality as well as the ambiance is far superior to the MDR....

Thank you, this is exactly why we love to have breakfast at PG:)

As KK mentioned on certain ships the King/Queen room is used instead of the PG.

I have had breakfast there twice (on different ships). Both times with horrible results. Service was terrrible.

To have to wait over 15 minutes for coffee just doesn't work for Mr. Gizmo. Forget the second cup !

The second time we tried it (on a different ship) it was just as bad. Maybe they had to wait for the chicken to lay the eggs. :rolleyes:

On both these cruises we found the MDR was so much better. We were even asked why we did not eat in the King/Queen and we told them the MDR provided much better service.

I do understand others have had good service but we did not. We gave it a second chance and when that was just as bad we decided no more, there are other choices.

As KK mentioned on certain ships the King/Queen room is used instead of the PG.

I have had breakfast there twice (on different ships). Both times with horrible results. Service was terrrible.

To have to wait over 15 minutes for coffee just doesn't work for Mr. Gizmo. Forget the second cup !

The second time we tried it (on a different ship) it was just as bad. Maybe they had to wait for the chicken to lay the eggs. :rolleyes:

On both these cruises we found the MDR was so much better. We were even asked why we did not eat in the King/Queen and we told them the MDR provided much better service.

Wow, that one is a real shocker! :eek:how long ago was that....ours was excellent. Let`s hope that that is the way things are now!:confused:

Yikes! Our experience in the Pinnacle Grill on Zuiderdam was of excellent service and excellent food ... every time. We were always there between 7 and 8:30am and almost alone most mornings. I guess the others were using the terrific room service instead.

Willsot, we are right there with ya! (first veranda deluxe suite) This might be the only time that we take the bite and book a full suite, so we want to take advantage of every perk (of which, HAL has a lot). If we can't eat in the PG the first morning after boarding, we will ofc be disappointed -- but it won't ruin our cruise. I am just hoping this Noro thing is under control by next year.

It won't ruin anyone's cruise, but at least now we are fore warned.

Hopefully by the time you go, this will be done and over. it's not a big deal if you have a longer cruise (and you know), but on a 7 day, it would be.

But if you know, then you can plan. fore warned is for armed. Not sure how to spell that, but you probably get my drift (oops there I go with sea references again). Truly enjoy your suite. the room is great. the perks are great and I love the concierge service. They do absolutely everything for you.

don't make my mistake. my first suite, I went to the front desk to exchange money, the assistant concierge called me over. I know she didn't mean to chastize me but her words were' never come to the front desk'. They really do everything.

Including find lost laundry and bring the piece to make sure it is the right one!! Incredible service you will love it. Enjoy your suite and you will have a wonderful cruise.

Every time we've had breakfast (which is every day) it has been perfection. We have never had any complaints.

Interesting though: one night at the suite cocktail party we sat with another couple and started talking. They had no idea about the breakfast in the PG. Nobody ever told them. I was quite surprised. When we went back to our suite I was straightening up the area where our computer was and low and behold, there was the letter stating the breakfast -- way down under all the stationery. It was never prominently displayed but we knew about it from previous cruises. Perhaps this is why people have found the PG not to be filled at breakfast?

Archived