Completely Random Question: Do they still fold the toilet paper?

BroncosFan2010

A1A all I have to say is "And thats the rest of the story"....Actually thanks for the history lesson there...that's pretty funny.:p

Project gall Thanks for clearing that up...I had no idea that their was Bronco tp. I could see how that would be HILARIOUS. I also like the many MOONS ;) ago reference too.:D

I remember years ago in Germany they had the coolest toilett seat cover machine. When you flushed the toilette the the seat cover would automatically replace a fresh seat cover over the seat. Do you think thay will have that on the ships now. :) Also maybe they will save money on the decorations for the rooms and have them made of toilette paper. Who knows they may even have different colors coming back. :eek: I know I'm rambling. :rolleyes:

I suspect that the toilet paper is folded in order to give the cleaners a clue if the toilet has been used. Sometimes people, for whatever reason, fail to flush the toilet after use. If the cleaner sees that the toilet paper is no longer folded, he probably automatically flushes the toilet before lifting the lid, so that he won't encounter any unpleasant surprises that the previous occupant may have deposited.

What do you think?

Donald.

I suspect that the toilet paper is folded in order to give the cleaners a clue if the toilet has been used. Sometimes people, for whatever reason, fail to flush the toilet after use. If the cleaner sees that the toilet paper is no longer folded, he probably automatically flushes the toilet before lifting the lid, so that he won't encounter any unpleasant surprises that the previous occupant may have deposited.

What do you think?

Donald.

I like it. I think you filled a vacuum.

There are people whose job it is to inspect the cleaning job and I imagine the folded paper is a good sign to them that the bathroom has been cleaned.

How do I get the job as toilet paper folder. I guess first I have to go thru an apprenticeship program first

I think if you fold both sides together to make a point, it shows the room is done. If you fold the right side towards the middle it shows you started but still have to do a few more odds and ends. If you fold the left side to the middle it tells the supervisor to get on with his life and do something meaningful.:)

I think if you fold both sides together to make a point, it shows the room is done. If you fold the right side towards the middle it shows you started but still have to do a few more odds and ends. If you fold the left side to the middle it tells the supervisor to get on with his life and do something meaningful.:)

LOL :p

Maybe someone who is going on a cruise very soon will ask the steward why the tp is folded ? Most probably he won't know why, just that he was told to do so. Who knows, one day each cabin may be provided with a roll and more rolls available for extra payment.

On my last cruise our towel animals were even more imaginative. Once the monkey had my sun glasses, another time the dog was lying on a cushion and so on.

The whole problem of whether to fold or not to fold or whether to hang the TP over or under, could be solved with this gadget. People might even spend more time in their cabins using it and it would solve the chair hogging problem too.

The whole problem of whether to fold or not to fold or whether to hang the TP over or under, could be solved with this gadget. People might even spend more time in their cabins using it and it would solve the chair hogging problem too.

Now I have really seen everything!

Well if you want to experience them, just fly to Japan! DH says they are even in the airport.

Wow... wonder how much it costs just to install one of those things! I doubt they will be in every cruise ship cabin... maybe the luxury suites on the newer ships.

I've heard of this toliette a couple of years ago I think. If I remember right the water can be warm and I would think it would be pretty much like a bidet. I think it also blows air to dry your tush off as well.

Wow that sure beats going to the outhouse and using the good ole Sears catalog. I wonder if that it like the Bronco that Sue was talking about. I know that's a "slick" thing to use. ;)

I think that would be pretty nice to have on the ship. What do you think...do you think it would work on the ships? Of course you would have to go to school to learn how to use it which could be a problem if you reeeeeeeeeaaaaaallllly need to go.:(

Do you think cruiselines will institute pay toilets. Sort of like pay as you go.

Maybe cruise ships should have Poop Decks

Okay, let's all get it out of our systems right now. The poop deck of a sailing ship has absolutely no connection with a certain bodily function.

from

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-poop-deck.htm

Wow that sure beats going to the outhouse and using the good ole Sears catalog. I wonder if that it like the Bronco that Sue was talking about. I know that's a "slick" thing to use. ;)

Oh gosh no! Bronco was not THAT thick!

Sue

Quote: Is it true that outside cabins have outhouses?

Yep it sure is...it sure saves on the fuel issue. Good ole Methan:D Talk about going green. You even recycle the old catalogs.

Only if you are in the bottom/lowest category cabins, then there is a "shared" bathroom with only one roll of 1 ply toilet paper! :D

The first roll would be complimentary, and each subsequent roll would have a charge of $4. :D

Donald.

I am envisioning newcomers reading these boards, comparing cruise lines trying to determine which will be best. On other cruise boards they can also find the usual mundane debates about dress codes, tipping, smoking, choosing cabin location, smuggling booze, and such. But only the Celebrity board has an impressive 8 page discussion of toilet paper.

Besides which, it is educational. 99.9% of Americans most likely would never know anything about Bronco toilet paper if not for this board.

Archived