Cost for a taxie ride??

Good Day to you all, Does anyone know the cost for a taxie from FLL (ft laderdale airport to the cruise terminal? I have been told its only 5 to 10 min away.

The are metered so it depends on traffic and how long you have to sit but ours was about $15 in April.

It should cost about $15.00 plus tip. We've had numerous bad experiences with the taxi drivers in Fort Lauderdale. The city should have a set rate between the cruise port and airport. Here in NJ the taxi fares are fixed depending on your destination at both the airport and cruise port.

Good Day to you all, Does anyone know the cost for a taxie from FLL (ft laderdale airport to the cruise terminal? I have been told its only 5 to 10 min away.

I costs us $20 plus a tip. We had to wait a while to get into the port area. There were several cars ahead of us, and of course, the meters keeps running!:)

It cost us $16 plus tip (me and 2DS) and my DH, who left after us, was charged $18 plus tip (him and my other DS). They got in a slower lane entering the port than we did.

Also, they say they are not allowed to let you off unless they pull into a parking spot, so we waited and waited near the curb until he could actually pull into the spot and let us out. Meanwhile, the meter kept ticking.

It cost us $16 plus tip (me and 2DS) and my DH, who left after us, was charged $18 plus tip (him and my other DS). They got in a slower lane entering the port than we did.

Also, they say they are not allowed to let you off unless they pull into a parking spot, so we waited and waited near the curb until he could actually pull into the spot and let us out. Meanwhile, the meter kept ticking.

Just this past March we paid $18.00 that included the tip there were two of us and four bags.We ask for the flat rate before we get in..meter was running but that didn't matter and there was a lot of backup traffic getting off the exit...Taxi made you "wait" for a parking spot..:eek:....No... ours pulled up wherever she could and we got out !!! On the return the Taxi lines can be VERY long maybe an hour wait..We did luggage valet so we only had a small carryon..we started walking toward the port gate and we just flagged down a Taxi we asked how much to FLL..$20.00 we jumped in he did a u-turn and we were on our way in less than 10 min...didn't have to wait in that long line !!!;)

Correctomundo Truffles. And I believe Miami Interntl. taxis DO have a set rate....

The standardized taxi rates are $2.50 for the first 1/6 mile and .40 cents for each additional 1/6 mile, OR per minute of waiting time. There is a $10 minimum fare for trips that begin at the airport.

There is a chart near the taxi stand

The chart says $12 from FLL to port. BUT...once the meter is switched on it's anyone's guess.

My advice is: if you are possibly renting a car on the way to or from, check out the car rental shuttles to and from the port. They are those busses with the tropical prints on the outside. They come very regularly and you only have to tip the driver for handling your bags. ;)

Correctomundo Truffles. And I believe Miami Interntl. taxis DO have a set rate....

The standardized taxi rates are $2.50 for the first 1/6 mile and .40 cents for each additional 1/6 mile, OR per minute of waiting time. There is a $10 minimum fare for trips that begin at the airport.

They say the same thing at FLL. However, just try to pin them down. They got mad at me when I tried to get a set price. It really goes by the meter unless you are in a minivan and then they charge by the head (think they told me $15pp )

They say the same thing at FLL. However, just try to pin them down. They got mad at me when I tried to get a set price. It really goes by the meter unless you are in a minivan and then they charge by the head (think they told me $15pp )

The guy at the taxi stand outside baggage pickup..ask him for the flat rate ..he gives you a price ..he calls/motions for a taxi ..the taxi pulls up ..you repeat the flat rate to the driver..the driver says yes...No one gets or got "mad"...;)

Archived