Question On Filling Out Passport App

beachsands

I am filling out our applications for passports and was wondering about the address/info right below where it asks for your place of birth. (On the first page of the application). Do they want your address when you were born or your present address? I see they ask for your address again at the top of page 2, I thought this might be redundant but then it hit me maybe on page one they wanted the address at the time of birth.

Thanks for your patience

Joel :confused:

"Place of Birth" refers to the city, state and country you were born in.

For example, I was born at an Air Force base in Clovis NM. When asked for my place of birth, I list:

Clovis, NM USA

I am filling out our applications for passports and was wondering about the address/info right below where it asks for your place of birth. (On the first page of the application). Do they want your address when you were born or your present address? I see they ask for your address again at the top of page 2, I thought this might be redundant but then it hit me maybe on page one they wanted the address at the time of birth.

Thanks for your patience

Joel :confused:

I had the exact same question when we applied for our first ever passports this year.

I had to call them to clarify and they advised me that this was the area for your current mailing address. The address area on page two is for your permanent address, which could be different than your mailing address.

Can you imagine if they wanted the address where you lived when you were born?

Wouldn't be many people with passports.... :D

Those are entirely separate boxes. Place of birth is where you were born (city, state, county) address is where you live, mailing address could be a P. O. Box or place of business. I know a few people, especially those that have their own businesses or are landlords, use P.O. boxes so customers can't find them cause you never know....

When I filled out my passport application, way back in 2005, I gave Southington, CT, as my place of birth and for my mailing address I gave my physical address in Louisiana where I am currently living. The application was not returned to me as being incomplete or having information in the wrong place.

So I have to agree with most of the posters here that says "place of birth" is the city and state in which you were born and the address on page 2 is your current address where you reside.

How can "place of birth" be translated to mean "current mailing address"?

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

The OP asked

I am filling out our applications for passports and was wondering about the address/info right below where it asks for your place of birth. (On the first page of the application).

Screenshot2010-06-22at62940AM.png

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

The OP asked

Screenshot2010-06-22at62940AM.png

After the place of birth it goes into the address SS# as well as email address. I sort of figured that my folks didn't have a email address in 1954. ROFL !!

But there are no instructions concerning what address they want.

Joel

When I filled out my passport application, way back in 2005, I gave Southington, CT, as my place of birth and for my mailing address I gave my physical address in Louisiana where I am currently living. The application was not returned to me as being incomplete or having information in the wrong place.

So I have to agree with most of the posters here that says "place of birth" is the city and state in which you were born and the address on page 2 is your current address where you reside.

Hi Rosie!

I see you are from South Louisiana. We are in Southwest Louisiana - Lake Charles. Are you close to us? Don't see many posters from our state on the boards, so was just a bit curious...:)

Archived