Golden Window Suites

gregjm

Yes, WS get double credit (or triple if solo) as they are considered full suites, unlike mini-suites.

I haven't been able to find this in writing at Princess.com. Anybody have a URL on this?

In fact, I haven't been able to find any floor plans, pictures, etc. there either. Though I have some idea what to expect from the url posted higher in this thread.

I haven't been able to find this in writing at Princess.com. Anybody have a URL on this?

In fact, I haven't been able to find any floor plans, pictures, etc. there either. Though I have some idea what to expect from the url posted higher in this thread.

The Window Suites were added during the drydock but the website is not up to date. The best I can do for you is to go and faux book a cruise on the Golden and the Window Suite is listed with mini-suites/suites.

People who have stayed in them receive all the benefits of a full suite, whereas those who stay in mini-suites do not. The price is also substantially more.

Here is an article that Princess PR put out and it mentions Window Suites.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na991

Also, mentioned in the Captain Circle area of the Princess site is this:

Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (mini-suites excluded), will receive two cruise credits.

Passengers who pay the single occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive two cruise credits.

Passengers who pay the single supplement to occupy a full suite on their own will receive three cruise credits.

You will notice that it excludes mini-suites only, no mention of excluding Window Suites.

Hope this helps, it's the best I could do with what Princess and cruisers have made available.

Yes you get 2 credits in a window suite, they are a full suite so they are not mentioned separately as a mini-suite is. We have done F301 and F305 on the Golden, and gotten the 2 credits. I enjoyed the WS just as much as the VS on the Sapphire.

We just got upgraded to a window suite on the Golden for AK. I am elite already, do we get double on the mini-bar?

You should unless they say they only do it if you booked the cabin in the beginning.

By the way what did you get upgraded from?

• 7 months later...
Right now for the cruise we are taking in February 2012 to Hawaii (14 days) on the Golden Princess the prices are as follows:

Mini-Suites range from $3095 - $3395 per person

Window Suites are $4820 per person

Full Suites range from $5145 - $7545 per person

As of now (3/13/11), the costs for a 9 day cruise on the Caribbean for June 13, 2011 the costs are:

Mini Suites: $1,499 - 1,659

Window Suites: $1,499

Full Suites: $3,599 - 5,199

With such a great price for the WS, we cancelled our minisuite (which was $1,539 on Princess.com) and booked a WS. Not only cheaper, but we get all the suite perks and 2 cruise credits. What a great deal!! :D

As of now (3/13/11), the costs for a 9 day cruise on the Caribbean for June 13, 2011 the costs are:

Mini Suites: $1,499 - 1,659

Window Suites: $1,499

Full Suites: $3,599 - 5,199

With such a great price for the WS, we cancelled our minisuite (which was $1,539 on Princess.com) and booked a WS. Not only cheaper, but we get all the suite perks and 2 cruise credits. What a great deal!! :D

Maybe Alaska but i could never do the Caribbean without a balcony. perks wouldn't be worth it.

Go-Bucks,

Prices are similar for the CB cruise to Canada/NE on June 22nd. We did the same thing - changed from a mini to the WS once we found out about the suite perks. I don't mind giving up a balcony on this itinerary when I'm getting so much in the exchange. We've never had a suite before & rarely get a balcony, so either way it's a win-win situation for us. Enjoy! :)

Go-Bucks,

Prices are similar for the CB cruise to Canada/NE on June 22nd. We did the same thing - changed from a mini to the WS once we found out about the suite perks. I don't mind giving up a balcony on this itinerary when I'm getting so much in the exchange. We've never had a suite before & rarely get a balcony, so either way it's a win-win situation for us. Enjoy! :)

We did the same thing. We have been lucky enough to book PH suites on our last few cruises. We decided to cruise back to back cruises on the CB in July this year. Prices being what they are, we booked a mini on the first 9 days and a PH on the second 9 days. As many of us have experienced, we have been having withdrawl pains thinking of the mini on the first part. Last week I noticed that on the first part of our cruise, Princess dropped the regular price on the WS from $3299 to $1899. We contacted our TA and got the room for $1650. Everything is great now and my wife is very happy. New York here we come.

Bob

For those who have been in a WS, when you dined in your room was it served on the small table I see in the above pictures ? Seems like it would be low and the chairs not exactly comfortable for eating at this table?

We did the same thing. We have been lucky enough to book PH suites on our last few cruises. We decided to cruise back to back cruises on the CB in July this year. Prices being what they are, we booked a mini on the first 9 days and a PH on the second 9 days. As many of us have experienced, we have been having withdrawl pains thinking of the mini on the first part. Last week I noticed that on the first part of our cruise, Princess dropped the regular price on the WS from $3299 to $1899. We contacted our TA and got the room for $1650. Everything is great now and my wife is very happy. New York here we come.

Bob

Congrats, that is a great price you got on the WS suite.....:):):)

Bob

Maybe Alaska but i could never do the Caribbean without a balcony. perks wouldn't be worth it.

We're sailing to Canada/New England on the Caribbean Princess ship. When we sail to the Caribbean in 2012, we have a minisuite with extended balcony booked. We never sail without a balcony, but this deal was too good to pass up. ;)

Go-Bucks,

We decided to switch because it's a short cruise, it'll be cooler weather, it's very port intensive, we get 2 cruise credits (which will make us Platinum), and we may never get to enjoy the suite perks again. We saved money on the cruise price and will save even more with all the suite perks, especially the free Thermal Suites and Internet. It's a deal we couldn't pass up. I'm just hoping that we won't miss the balcony too much as we like to sleep with the balcony door open at night.

My concern is that I'm going to want to use as many suite perks as possible that I forget I'm on a cruise to enjoy those Canada/NE ports, too! There's a good chance I might never sail in a suite again, but I'll probably have another balcony at some point - DH & I just couldn't resist switching our reservation to the WS, although it wasn't a slam dunk by any means.

Free internet is huge to us though & free laundry sounds wonderful. Everyone raves about Sabatini's, so count us in. I'm excited about all the "stuff", as DH calls it - those niceties like the corsage/bout, mini-bar, flower arrangement, canapes, etc... extra little touches that make you feel like you're kind of special (extra nice for me since I'll be celebrating my birthday onboard).

It will be a new experience & I'm excited that it is affordable for our upcoming cruise...a nice birthday surprise. :)

Archived