Coffee Card

Whitnee1

Just back from the CB and I have a question on the coffee card. I read that as long as not all of the 15 specialty spots are punched you can use the card forever for the regular brewed coffee. My question is do all of the other ships have a similar set up and would my card be good on any of the ships or just the CB? This is the first time that I bought one.

Just back from the CB and I have a question on the coffee card. I read that as long as not all of the 15 specialty spots are punched you can use the card forever for the regular brewed coffee. My question is do all of the other ships have a similar set up and would my card be good on any of the ships or just the CB? This is the first time that I bought one.

You will be able to use it on any Princess ship for brewed cofFee, hot chocolate and specialty tea without it being punched.

You will be able to use it on any Princess ship for brewed cofFee, hot chocolate and specialty tea without it being punched.

Have never been able to use it for "free" hot chocolate on the Ocean Princess or Royal Princess.

I just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. When I first got on board I tried to use my coffee card from this past April when I was on Crown Princess. The waiter asked the manager if I could use it and he said no. I told him I was told it could be used on any ship, and he said "he couldn't be responsible for what someone else told me." Bottom line-he wouldn't let me use it. For anyone who was just on this cruise-it was the tall guy with his head completely shaved! Other than that-it was a good cruise!

I just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday. When I first got on board I tried to use my coffee card from this past April when I was on Crown Princess. The waiter asked the manager if I could use it and he said no. I told him I was told it could be used on any ship, and he said "he couldn't be responsible for what someone else told me." Bottom line-he wouldn't let me use it. For anyone who was just on this cruise-it was the tall guy with his head completely shaved! Other than that-it was a good cruise!

Did you have any punches left? Did you try to use anywhere else on the ship? I personally have never had that happen.

The waiter from where? Where did you try to use it? Were you at the IC or in the diningroom? The cards all look the same; ship's name is not on there. How would anyone know where/when you bought the card. Please explain further.

I had four punches left on the card from April. It was a white card with blue on it. I went to use it at the International Cafe on Deck 5, and as soon as I showed the waiter the card, she said she'd have to ask the manager. He came over and told me no as I originally posted. He said they have different accounting systems on each ship and the cards are only good for each voyage. The cards on this trip were all like cards from a deck of cards-Jokers, etc.

From the Princess Website:

Café Selects Coffee Card Entitles the cardholder to 15 espresso-based specialty coffees, such as cappuccino, lattes, etc., during the course of the voyageItem #524$26.00

I guess some of the cafe managers enforce the 'during the course of the voyage' rule.

We'll also be on the Caribbean on the 20th and I will be very upset if I can't use my coffee card from March. My husband and I bought 2 cards on that voyage (Crown). We only used 1 1/2. As I was under the impression that you could use the card on subsequent voyages, we didn't finish it. Has anyone else been on the Caribbean and had that problem. I'm assuming we will have the same management at the IC!!!

We'll also be on the Caribbean on the 20th and I will be very upset if I can't use my coffee card from March. My husband and I bought 2 cards on that voyage (Crown). We only used 1 1/2. As I was under the impression that you could use the card on subsequent voyages, we didn't finish it. Has anyone else been on the Caribbean and had that problem. I'm assuming we will have the same management at the IC!!!

If your card is ace, king, jack. queen, then yes, there will be no problem. I understand what happened to the OP, because her card was something different issued by the Crown only. The evidentally had run out of the regular cards and printed their own. I had a similar experience on the Coral, when we were issued green cards with blue cups. On the Ruby they asked me where I got it and I told them the Coral. They just shrugged and punched it.

If your card is ace, king, jack. queen, then yes, there will be no problem. I understand what happened to the OP, because her card was something different issued by the Crown only. The evidentally had run out of the regular cards and printed their own. I had a similar experience on the Coral, when we were issued green cards with blue cups. On the Ruby they asked me where I got it and I told them the Coral. They just shrugged and punched it.

I agree. ;)

The card I had just said Princess on it-not Crown Princess, but it wasn't one with jacks or aces or anything. My sister bought a new one and got a free regular coffee with every punch. With the amount of free coffees they give away-you'd think they would have just honored my card for four punches. I wasn't going to argue with the guy!

The card I had just said Princess on it-not Crown Princess, but it wasn't one with jacks or aces or anything. My sister bought a new one and got a free regular coffee with every punch. With the amount of free coffees they give away-you'd think they would have just honored my card for four punches. I wasn't going to argue with the guy!

I have that same card which I bought on the Crown (white with blue cups) and I will try using it on my CB cruise in Sep and Emerald in Dec. We will see what happens...

Some of the ships ran out of the playing card looking ones so they made up temp ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to Princess, so this may be the norm, but some of the staff at the IC on the CB this past cruise (20th-29th) seemed pretty picky about the use of the cards. Our tablemates apparently had no problem getting two specialty coffees at the same time for two punches, but later when we tried to get two of something we were told we needed to present two separate cards. We actually had two, but the other was up in the room at the time (doesn't it figure :rolleyes:). That also happened to a man behind me a few days later- he was told he would need two cards if he wanted two drinks at once. It seemed strange, shouldn't 15 punches just be 15 punches, no matter how many people want to use them?

I am new to Princess, so this may be the norm, but some of the staff at the IC on the CB this past cruise (20th-29th) seemed pretty picky about the use of the cards. Our tablemates apparently had no problem getting two specialty coffees at the same time for two punches, but later when we tried to get two of something we were told we needed to present two separate cards. We actually had two, but the other was up in the room at the time (doesn't it figure :rolleyes:). That also happened to a man behind me a few days later- he was told he would need two cards if he wanted two drinks at once. It seemed strange, shouldn't 15 punches just be 15 punches, no matter how many people want to use them?

That shouldn't have happened. I could understand them being technical about wanting two cards if you had ordered a fresh brewed or hot chocolate and then a specialty. Or, 2 of the freebies and no specialty. But yes, a punch is a punch and you didn't need two cards for two punches.

Strange... I will be on the CB in early Oct. and plan to purchase a couple of cards. I also have a couple of cards with residual punches... We will see what happens... I may have to turn on my best Southern charm for this one!:eek:

We were on the Star Princess last November and on the first day, I overheard a gentleman speaking with a person at the purser's desk about why he was denied using his coffee card from a previous cruise. The man at the purser's desk just said it CANNOT be used from ship to ship.

Anyhow, two weeks into the cruise (it was a month long cruise). I was speaking with a lady and she told me that the coffee card was great and how she can use it on her next cruise. I immediately told her what I overheard on the first day. She told me that the people working at the international cafe who were selling the cards told ther flat out that she can use it on another ship.

She said that apparently many people on the cruise were unhappy because they tried using cards from previous cruises, but were denied.

Anyhow, long story short, the purser's desk manager called head office and confirmed that the cards can be carried over from ship to ship.

So, if anyone is having trouble using his/her card, perhaps an employee of the ship should contact head office and set it straight!

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do like hot chocolate as well as specialty teas. I only used 4 punches and have 11 remaining. I would be terribly upset if I am not allowed to use my card on my next cruise!!! :eek:

I just got off the CB on Thursday...I tried using last year's card for fresh brewed coffee, I was informed that the unlimited fresh brewed coffee is only for the sailing you buy it for, otherwise holes must be punched. He punched a hole in my card. The next day another server informed me of the same thing and punched my card again for a regular brewed coffee. The 3rd day I presented my card, he didnt punch it, and it was not punched again for fresh brewed. They did say the card is good on any ship til all 15 are used.

Archived