Okay Moms what do you pack in your first aid kit for the cruise?

foxesden1

Anything you use regularly...pain killers, band aids, allergy meds, any Rx's you use....It's a good idea to bring something for upset tummies, should they occur.

This is basic stuff I'd take on ANY vacation...not just a cruise! Anything you have to buy on the ship will be waaay overpriced...and a bottle of Advil or Tylenol takes up no space and saves you $$!

Thermometer and motrin/tylenol for sure. Mine saved me a "after-hours cabin visit" medical charge because I was able to call the nurse and let her know the temp of my toddler's sudden fever in the middle of the night. I forget what the temp was but the nurse said it was low enough I could give motrin and keep checking myself and just bring my daughter in to see the doctor during office hours in the morning. (My daughter ended up having a terrible ear infection, but received excellent care from the doctors on board. They were really wonderful and completely equipped to take care of toddlers.)

Also Neosporin and bandaids.

Best,

Mia

For Kids:

Bandaids

Polysporin (not a fan or Neosporin -- long story)

Children's Motrin or Tylenol

Fast dissolve cold meds (the kind that fizz on the tongue)

For adults:

I always have benedryl (for me)

Motrin

Tylenol PM

Adult cold meds

Prescription meds

two things we needed on our last cruise but forgot were eye drops like refresh tears (DD opened her eyes in the salt pool) and burn cream. DS got 2nd degree blisters on his feet from the baby splash area on Disney. Other than that I am pretty well prepared with tylenol, motrin, cough/cold meds, benadryl, bandaids, antibiotic oint.

I have chewable pepto bismal for both adults and kids (separate). Also, chewable benadryl for kids as I have discovered that my son can be allergic to certain bug bites.

If there is a chewable form of the medicine I take it, it saves so much weight.

-any daily meds your child might need. (Mine is on a migraine med so that goes at the top of the list. :))

-age appropriate Tylenol or Motrin.

-age appropriate Benadryl (I'm paranoid about allergic reactions)

-neosporin or any other antibiotic goo.

-Hydrocortisone (works great for mystery rashes, baby jelly stings or bug bites)

-bonine jr for motion sickness (if needed)

-multiple sizes of band-aids

-age appropriate cold/cough remedies.

-immodium (just in case)

-BANDAIDS!! They are sooo expensive on the ship and they cure most problems! LOL!

For me I toss in:

-daily meds

-Excedrin

-cold meds

There is a rule if your child is going to spike a fever, have an ear ache, start coughing or throw up it will be after the infirmary is closed and you can't get any meds. :) I take anything I might possibly need on a cruise or whenever I leave the country. If I'm on a Road Trip I just take a few things and pick up what I need.

Here is a great site for stocking a medicine bag.

http://www.minimus.biz/

They have all kinds of sample size meds so that you can take a variety without buying bottles of lots of meds and they keep for trip to trip.

I have a medicine box stocked with a lot of these samples and when they start getting close to the expiration date, I use this first at home.

I agree with Julie about packing something for sunburn. The first time we visited Cozumel, we didn't watch middle son closely enough when he put on sunscreen and he missed the tops of his shoulders. His shoulders blistered horribly (really gross when the blisters popped:eek:). Now our sons wear the rash guard swim shirts.

Here is a great site for stocking a medicine bag.

They have all kinds of sample size meds so that you can take a variety without buying bottles of lots of meds and they keep for trip to trip.

I have a medicine box stocked with a lot of these samples and when they start getting close to the expiration date, I use this first at home.

That is a great idea. Some of those products I would like to have available on a trip "just in case", but buying a full size of the product would be a waste because it would probably expire before the entire amount or any of it would be used. I used to work in a doctor's office and had access to trial sizes of most of the pharmaceutical products, skin products and they were great. Thanks for the site!

That is a great idea. Some of those products I would like to have available on a trip "just in case", but buying a full size of the product would be a waste because it would probably expire before the entire amount or any of it would be used. I used to work in a doctor's office and had access to trial sizes of most of the pharmaceutical products, skin products and they were great. Thanks for the site!

No Problem! I agree that you don't want big sizes of things like Imodium. It is nice to have on a trip but the chances of using it at home are slim. This way you can get 5 packs of each and they are "just in case".

I always pack a cortizon (sp?) cream. I developed an allergic rash all over my arms and legs to something on my first cruise and had to get some from the infirmary. Also DH had an allergic reaction to something he ate and his Uvela (sp?) swelled up. Luckily I had Benadryl for him as he had this happen once before at home (that was a trip to the hospital since we didn't know what was going on). We also take the standard bandaids, neosporin, cold medicine, rolaids, imodium AD, bonine, tylenol, advil, sun burn spray, and prescription meds.

here is a great site for stocking a medicine bag.

they have all kinds of sample size meds so that you can take a variety without buying bottles of lots of meds and they keep for trip to trip.

I have a medicine box stocked with a lot of these samples and when they start getting close to the expiration date, i use this first at home.

love this!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Definately the new powdered version of Pedialyte. Just in case someone catches the dreaded virus. I needed it badly on cruise with 15 month old. Infirmiry was great and gave us a few bottles for son, but they said it was a hot commodity.

Archived