Passport Stamps?

mcyoung

If you flew to Germany and then traveled within the Schengen Zone, you would not get passport stamps as you did not pass through any immigration controls. Only the entry and exit from Schengen would have been stamped.

Yes, I know that is why, point is still that passport stamps are not always something that happens.:)

Just a FYI.

I have heard that after 2015. the US government will no longer be adding additional pages to an existing passport. If the stamp pages are full (or nearly full,) it will be necessary to buy a new passport.

I haven't verified this, it is simply what I have been told.

Scott & Karen

Just a FYI.

I have heard that after 2015. the US government will no longer be adding additional pages to an existing passport. If the stamp pages are full (or nearly full,) it will be necessary to buy a new passport.

I haven't verified this, it is simply what I have been told.

Scott & Karen

I believe I heard this as well. I suppose getting your passport marked up serves as some sort of souvenir - but in some cases I believe all people can get is a postmark. All this reminds me of when I flew to Glasgow via Iceland in 2007 for a nephew's wedding. Perhaps part of their full employment program - or just some Scandanavian thoroughness, they stamped passports every time you entered or left the gate area. We had to de-plane and re board on the way over - - giving me two stamps. On the way back, after re-boarding in Iceland we had to deplane because of some mechanical problem - then re-boarded a couple of hours later - another four stamps. Then we were advised that the crew had had too many hours, so they had to be replaced - we deplaned once more and finally boarded one last time, getting two more stamps. A total of 8 stamps - two full pages without ever getting out of the secure area -- a couple more trips like that would have necessitated my getting pages added.

I just took a trip down memory lane via the stamps in my expired passports.

I have done the same thing reliving the wonderful places my late wife had been too. We had to add an additional 30 pages because we had a number of visas in there. It is a memorable piece.

In all my travels, I have never gotten my passport stamped except on this last trip. It was stamped when we entered Britain. Princess cruises had dutch authorities on board in Southhampton and when we boarded, we beeped in through security as usual and proceed to a desk where our passports were stamped by the Dutch Authorities (our first port was Rotterdam).

That's it....

• 1 year later...
BE CAREFUL.

Any kind of "post office" or "tourist" stamp is NOT an official government IMMIGRATION stamp. As such, there are some countries that consider it to be defacing the official document. In their view, this makes the passport invalid and you can be denied entry.

Now, if you really want to get a bunch of "stamps", buy a small blank page notebook like a Moleskine or similar. Use that for your "stamps" - and you can also make notations as well. Put in actual postage stamps if you like - it can be your traveling scrapbook. But don't put them into your official government document - your passport.

I totally agree w you. What next - Jake's Bar and Grill in Nassau stamps in your passport. A passport is a legal document issued by your country of origin and not a souvenir book.

DON

• 10 months later...
The most difficult one for me was Roatan. We ended up having to go to the airport and someone took them back there to get them stamped. Couldn't find anything at the port to do it, and we were on a Victor Bodden excursion and he took us to the airport.

One of our adventures for sure. Not sure I'd want to do it again though. :)

For those sailing on Carnival, there is a small window for passport stamps, around back toward the parking lot where the tour buses park in Roatan.

I do a significant amount of international travel, so getting passport stamps on a cruise only fills up the pages of my passport quicker. While I do get the extra page passport when I renew, I do not want the trouble of having to get additional pages added while my passport term is still valid.

I do collect travel magenets from the countries we visit and stick them on the front of our refrigerator in place of travel stamps. This was very helpful in Europe, where no stamps are used in the Eurozone.

For the seldom or occasional cruiser, travel stamps are a great reminder. Ask where to get them at the Guest Services desk before you disembark the ship for that port.

I do a significant amount of international travel, so getting passport stamps on a cruise only fills up the pages of my passport quicker. While I do get the extra page passport when I renew, I do not want the trouble of having to get additional pages added while my passport term is still valid.

I do collect travel magenets from the countries we visit and stick them on the front of our refrigerator in place of travel stamps. This was very helpful in Europe, where no stamps are used in the Eurozone.

For the seldom or occasional cruiser, travel stamps are a great reminder. Ask where to get them at the Guest Services desk before you disembark the ship for that port.

You can no longer get extra pages added if your passport is getting full. You would have to renew early instead.

://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/add-pages-to-passport.html

You still can start with a 54 page passport - just can't extend.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app