Passport Stamps?

mcyoung

We generally get ours stamped at each port. The post office or port authority is usually close to the pier. Just ask one of the locals when you arrive and most are very helpful. Some of the stamps are very regal and ellegant, while others are just plain Gov Issue.Good luck.

Yup... You can go into any post office and ask them if they would mind stamping your passport for you. I've never had one say no and then you will have a date and location stamped. its a nice way to collect them.

this is the best thread so far....i am so excited now that i know we can get our passports stamped...we have been on so many cruises with the kids and we were all so disappointed that no one stamps them anymore. thanks so much for the info....it will be the best soveiner (sp) :):)

I am so glad that I came across this thread! We'll be on the Magic TA, and can't wait to get our stamps in those ports. My only regret is that we didn't get our passports stamped when we we're on the re-routed Splendor Pacific N/W cruise last year!

Take NOT getting stamps as a blessing. If they stamped a visa on every port and you take 3 or 4 cruises you could easily fill up your visa pages. Then YOU have PAY FOR ADDITIONAL pages.

We got stamped on our med cruise (Turkey I think actually stamps each passport) but most of the time we did not get stamped.

exactly! I travel enough that my passport fills up on its own w/o extra stamps......

I was sad not to get my passport stamped...

My first time out of the US- I was excited to get my first passport for our honeymoon and BAM :eek:! Not one stamp. I have nothing to show for my ventures :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My DW and I have had our passports since 2002 and have not traveled outside the U.S. so when we were up in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory on the Spirit in August we looked to get stamps in them. The train let us out in Fraser, BC and the stamp was at the building, but it was a stamp-it-yourself table. The stamp was pretty light, but hey, we finally have a stamp.

Up in Carcross, YT, there was 2 stamps outside the general store. One was a bear and the other was a caribou. We figured since we won't be getting too many more stamps, we'd do both.

I looked at the table one more time before I left and burst out laughing. There sitting on the table was a TIP JAR!!!!!

• 4 years later...

We were in Roatan about a year ago. At the dock, around back where the tour buses were parked, there was a window where you could get your passport stamped. We hurried to our bus, and I never did get my stamp. I wondered if little places like that charge? Anyone know?

I too want my stamps! I have my great aunt's passport from when she took a trip around the world - nearly a 100 yrs ago. It is Wonderful Fun to look thru!

I just took a trip down memory lane via the stamps in my expired passports. As much as I like the stamps, I would be cautious in seeking them out. Are they putting in an official immigration stamp or is it just a postmark or some tourist rubber stamp? Will there be consequences to having a phony stamp from the reconstructed Checkpoint Charlie in a passport? Might some countries consider the passport to be defaced? Do you want a Burmese immigration official asking about your undated phony passport stamp from Margaritaville?

HI everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever received stamps in their passports for the countries we visit on a cruise?

My husband asks every year why we don't get stamps and I dont have an answer. This year's cruise is a complete surprise for his 30th bday and I'd love to finally get him some stamps (or at least an explanation!)

I don't mind going out of my way for this either!

Thanks!

Melissa

Passport stamps seem to be going the way of the dinosaur. We just returned from Germany and visited 4 countries. Only received 2 passport stamps. We've yet to use our passports for a cruise but expect that they won't be stamped.

Yup... You can go into any post office and ask them if they would mind stamping your passport for you. I've never had one say no and then you will have a date and location stamped. its a nice way to collect them.

BE CAREFUL.

Any kind of "post office" or "tourist" stamp is NOT an official government IMMIGRATION stamp. As such, there are some countries that consider it to be defacing the official document. In their view, this makes the passport invalid and you can be denied entry.

Now, if you really want to get a bunch of "stamps", buy a small blank page notebook like a Moleskine or similar. Use that for your "stamps" - and you can also make notations as well. Put in actual postage stamps if you like - it can be your traveling scrapbook. But don't put them into your official government document - your passport.

Passport stamps seem to be going the way of the dinosaur. We just returned from Germany and visited 4 countries. Only received 2 passport stamps. We've yet to use our passports for a cruise but expect that they won't be stamped.
If you flew to Germany and then traveled within the Schengen Zone, you would not get passport stamps as you did not pass through any immigration controls. Only the entry and exit from Schengen would have been stamped.

BE CAREFUL.

Any kind of "post office" or "tourist" stamp is NOT an official government IMMIGRATION stamp. As such, there are some countries that consider it to be defacing the official document. In their view, this makes the passport invalid and you can be denied entry.

Now, if you really want to get a bunch of "stamps", buy a small blank page notebook like a Moleskine or similar. Use that for your "stamps" - and you can also make notations as well. Put in actual postage stamps if you like - it can be your traveling scrapbook. But don't put them into your official government document - your passport.

Thanks for the voice of reason.

On many of the cruise lines that we sail, passports are held by the cruise line and many of the countries stamped our passport.

Personally that means that we end up paying for pages sooner rather than later and needing new books sooner rather than later.

I guess for me the photos we take are our best memories.

Keith