Cb refurb??

grammy c

Old topic I'm sure, but did not see it anywhere, as to when the CB will be reburbished next. We will be aboard B2B 11/21-12/04 2010 and was thinking about bed conditions and new TVs. etc. have sailed her twice before, but when we where BOTH younger:D Just got off Elation due for its reburb and the beds were terrible. Any input on CB appreciated!

Are you wondering if the CB will be refurbished or did you hear about the upcoming refurb from some source? I thought it was refurbished last year. Sorry, just trying to understand the question, I hadn't heard about an upcoming refurb but that doesn't mean there isn't one! :)

It appears that something is happening to CB in Oct 2011. It usually repositions from New York to San Juan in Oct but in 2011 it is sailing to Ft Lauderdale instead. At this time I don't see any itineraries on the Princess website to book after this sailing until Nov 20th when it will be in San Juan.

Are you wondering if the CB will be refurbished or did you hear about the upcoming refurb from some source? I thought it was refurbished last year. Sorry, just trying to understand the question, I hadn't heard about an upcoming refurb but that doesn't mean there isn't one! :)

You are correct, it was last year!!

2012 at the earliest for a two+ week dry dock; most likely 2013. She's in very good shape. If you look you'll find some things like a few tiles missing around the pool, some frayed carpet, etc. They could do some "quick fixes" like replacing the thin cushions on the pool loungers, replacing worn/faded towels, etc.

The refurb. was last spring. I just got off the CB, and it still looks and feels great.

We just cruised her in June and I would respectfully disagree. Wood doors are worn at the bottom all over the ship, the metal base of our cabin lamps was discolored/faded, and the public areas did not look "new." I was astonished that it was just last year that CB was refurb'd. I know ships take a lot of wear and tear, but CB is in need of a lot of TLC.

We were on the CB in March of this year. Despite the drydock earlier in the year, there was still quite a bit of woodworking & such in progress (mostly around the pool areas). Always something to do or fix I suppose. Where they really missed it was by not putting a gelato machine in the IC. I was told they did not have room. Always room for a gelato machine I say...:D

Per the thread by Buddy604 the CB is scheduled for drydock next year from 11-8 to 11-20 of 2011 in Freeport. So your B2B cruise grammy will be the first cruise after drydock. Hope everything is finished!!

Like what?

Laura

The International Cafe, Crown Grill, and some window suites were added in her last drydock. The IC in particular is a fabulous addition. Check out the active thread about it, on this page or page 2, which has photos of the food -- you'll be drooling on your keyboard.

The International Cafe, Crown Grill, and some window suites were added in her last drydock. The IC in particular is a fabulous addition. Check out the active thread about it, on this page or page 2, which has photos of the food -- you'll be drooling on your keyboard.

Thanks.We are on her next May and glad to know they have the IC,that was one of our fav places on the Crown Princess.

I don't think that the refurb included the staterooms. Towels torn, furniture badly stained, beds lumpy....or was it just my room?

Our towels were fine (OK, some of the pool towels were a bit faded but they still did the job!), saw no stains on the furniture, and we had an egg crate on the bed which we found very comfortable--slept very well.

I don't think that the refurb included the staterooms. Towels torn, furniture badly stained, beds lumpy....or was it just my room?

No it didn't. I have to agree with you. On some days the towels looked like the ones I use to dry my dogs, on other days they were fine. The mattresses both sagged in the middle on my last 2 sailings so I don't know why people say the mattress is hard as a rock. I can sleep on a bed of nails during an air raid so it's not a problem for me. On 2 different sailings one the night stand drawers was falling off the track. None of these things really bother me because we spend little time in the room only to shower and sleep. I can understand how it would bother some who look forward to spending the entire time on their balcony or in their suite. Many make comments that the room décor is out dated. I don’t care about that but when something is worn out or broken it needs to be replaced not reused. I know someone is going to ask if I reported these problems. No I didn’t because it didn’t bother me enough to waste my time on the phone or to stand in line at passenger services. Maybe next time I should give princess the hundreds of Bed Bath and Beyond coupons I keep getting mailed to my house so they can buy new linens.

Maybe next time I should give princess the hundreds of Bed Bath and Beyond coupons I keep getting mailed to my house so they can buy new linens.

This made me LOL :)

I was just thinking to myself that they don't really need a refurb to switch older frayed towels or bedspreads. I know the crew is already pretty stretched for time and manpower, but it seems odd to me why Princess couldn't bring some new towels on board to "replace as you go" or whatever. it would be a matter of throwing a towel that looks frayed into one bin and taking out a brand new towel and throwing that into the laundry instead of the old one.

I mean, I'm no expert at this, but couldn't they hire some temporary workers to assist if it takes up too much time? Seems weird that any company in the hospitality business would knowingly give a guest a frayed towel??? I know its not the stewards' faults - they are only doing what they are told.

The CB seems to still be in great shape but I can understand not wanting to be on the cruise before or after drydock. Search for drydock I think you may find some posts with the schedule.

I had friends that sailed on the Golden the cruise right before the drydock. They reported areas closed off and some construction had begun before the cruise actually ended.....:(:(:(

Bob

It appears that something is happening to CB in Oct 2011. It usually repositions from New York to San Juan in Oct but in 2011 it is sailing to Ft Lauderdale instead. At this time I don't see any itineraries on the Princess website to book after this sailing until Nov 20th when it will be in San Juan.

Thank you for this information, as soon as I read it I called my TA and switched my sailing!:D

I was booked on the SJ-NYC repo in May 11, this is even better!:eek:

Thank you for this information, as soon as I read it I called my TA and switched my sailing!:D

Actually that's how I stumbled upon it. I have done the May Repo twice and for 2011 I was looking at the 9 day round trip to NY in May and the Oct NY to San Juan just for a change. The problem with the Oct Repo is that the flights from San Juan are expensive for a direct flight back to NY. When I saw that they changed the itinerary to Ft Lauderdale and it was for 10 days I really started to consider it. The only thing that worries me is that it's just before dry dock so I don't know if they will be starting any major work during this sailing.

I started a thread for this cruise so far I'm the only one on it..

Archived