Advice - Aft of Ship balcony cabins

Voyager class

Am upgrading from inside to Balcony cabins on b2b AdOTS in Novembeer.

Was looking at the cabins at the very aft of the ship facing backwards rather than side on.

The D1 cabins on deck 10 have sold (they are clearly appreciably bigger than regulation D1 cabis so am looking at the E1 grade. Cabiuns 6690, 7690, 8392.

Has anyone experienced these type of cabins and could they tell me whether a balcony back facing is better than the traditional side facing cabins.

Thank you.

Voyager class

Was looking at the cabins at the very aft of the ship facing backwards rather than side on.

The D1 cabins on deck 10 have sold (they are clearly appreciably bigger than regulation D1 cabis so am looking at the E1 grade. Cabiuns 6690, 7690, 8392.

Has anyone experienced these type of cabins and could they tell me whether a balcony back facing is better than the traditional side facing cabins.

Thank you.

I know that this is a matter of opinion...some love them, some don't, but my experience in an aft cabin on deck 10 last summer was outstanding. I loved getting up to the sound and sight of the wake. There was nothing more relaxing than that...so much so, that we had our breakfast out there.

Some would say it is quite a walk to the aft cabins, and that is true, but I did not mind in the least. It was great exercise.

I did not hear noise from the Windjammer, it was a smooth ride back there, and we will surely be there again. It will be difficult to go back to any other cabin.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi there, You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the extra balcony room an aft cabin gives you. We love to order breakfast out there. We had our first on Mariner about 3-4 years ago doing an Eastern caribbean cruise and have booked nothing but afts ever since! We have since cruised Freedom on an aft and now have Serenade coming up in August and then Radiance next July. I believe we had a 7th or 8th floor cabin on Mariner, will have to check but we were deffinitly hooked!

I know that this is a matter of opinion...some love them, some don't, but my experience in an aft cabin on deck 10 last summer was outstanding. I loved getting up to the sound and sight of the wake. There was nothing more relaxing than that...so much so, that we had our breakfast out there.

Some would say it is quite a walk to the aft cabins, and that is true, but I did not mind in the least. It was great exercise.

I did not hear noise from the Windjammer, it was a smooth ride back there, and we will surely be there again. It will be difficult to go back to any other cabin.

Hope this helps a bit.

Certainly does, thank you.

Unfortunately the deck 10 cabins are gone :-(

There are however decks 6, 7 and 8 available (I need the same cabin to be available for both of the 5 night cruises)

The walk is no problem

The sounds are no problem

The thought of room service at 1 or 2 in the morning with a bottle of wine on the balcony certainly appeals.

We have only been in JS in aft cabins. On the Voyager class ships we have been only on deck 10 each time so we can't tell you about the view for the lower level decks. I know a lot of people complain about the Voyager Class ship's superstructure and view on the lower lower AFT cabins. We book AFT cabins because we love the larger deck, watching the wake and seeing the view on both sides of the ship.

Voyager class

Thank you.

Well I don't know about the cabins ou mentioned but you're correct had you been able to get the aft cabins on deck 10 on either corner they are great. They are much larger than your standard D1 cabin. I saild on Adventure and Voyager in cabin 1688. That's on the port side. View is great. For our next sailing on Freedom we have the equivalent on deck 10 cabin 1400. This time we're on the starboard side.

I've attached a couple of photos of cabin 1688 on the AOS.

ron

456433390_Cruise2006-124.jpg.7dd5018680783fb80ae63acdb9f29982.jpg

231048336_Cruise2006-125.jpg.ea64f32abe6cd9b0cb61df02220a7637.jpg

This link will show you the views. The higher the better because of the large gray space that is back there.

http://www.voyager-class.com/virtualtour/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html

We have sailed 1688 twice and loved it. Very quiet cabin with no hallway traffic. Of the 3 cabins you posted, I would probably go with the deck 8 cabin though if I had a decent cabin already, I might pass of the aft cabin.

We prefer the corner afts or at least deck 9 or 10. Really just personal preference.

It is definitely a matter of preference, but we love the aft balconies. I wouldn't take deck 6 due to the crew deck area on deck 5. Also the higher you are the better the views. We like deck 7 b/c they seem to have some of the biggest balconies. I would take 7690 since it is one in from the corner and will have nice views and a nice big balcony. But either deck 7 or 8 would be my preference out of the three. Happy cruising! :)

The higher the deck, the less superstructure to look thru'. However, 7690 is highly desired by many cruisers and is rarely available. It has a super-huge balcony.

Correct Cabins with the super large Balconies are Cabins 7688 and 7388, not 7690 and 7390.

Jimbo:)

Voyager class

Thank you.

What are the 2 weeks you are looking at? Just checked and there are a bunch of those deck 10's available for all those 5 night sailings in November available. Let me know which weeks and I will tell you which ones are available for back to backs and you can call and get the one you want.

Only choice you have to make is do you want the corner ones. 1388, 1688 with the larger area in the cabin or do you want the ones with the nicest balcony which would be either 1690 or 1390?

Let me know which weeks?

Correct Cabins with the super large Balconies are Cabins 7688 and 7388, not 7690 and 7390.

We sailed our first cruise on Adventure in 7388 and the balcony was HUGE and magnificent!! We took a good look at the neighboring balcony at 7390 (mirror image would be 7690) and would take that in a heartbeat if the corner was not available. It's not AS huge, but it's still gigantic compared to a side balcony, and decently shaded which we prefer.

Had E1 cabin 8628 in May 2010 on Adeventure, port side cabin, - took a look at my next cabin, also Adenture E1 8692 aft nov 2010, found cabin to be exact the same as side cabin, but balcony at least twice as big, with 2 sun beds + table with 2 chairs, the balconies on the side can also be very hot as they are like holes in the ship's side, - often too hot to stay there for long. Looking forward to staying aft, have cruised 19 times, and all my next 3 bookings are aft cabins.

What are the 2 weeks you are looking at? Just checked and there are a bunch of those deck 10's available for all those 5 night sailings in November available. Let me know which weeks and I will tell you which ones are available for back to backs and you can call and get the one you want.

Only choice you have to make is do you want the corner ones. 1388, 1688 with the larger area in the cabin or do you want the ones with the nicest balcony which would be either 1690 or 1390?

Let me know which weeks?

Jimbo- How are you finding these? I'm looking for a corner aft cabin and will pick my cruise around it. I think I looked at all the remaining Mariner Mexico cruises (one by one) through Jan. 11. I was hoping for a west coast (non-Alaska) cruise, 7 days or less. I guess we could fly if we had to but LA or San Diego is nice because we can drive. We had hoped to try RCCL next. We don't care that much about ports, just would like to keep the costs reasonable and not be gone too long. Thanks for any advice (from anyone)!

Jimbo- How are you finding these? I'm looking for a corner aft cabin and will pick my cruise around it. I think I looked at all the remaining Mariner Mexico cruises (one by one) through Jan. 11. I was hoping for a west coast (non-Alaska) cruise, 7 days or less. I guess we could fly if we had to but LA or San Diego is nice because we can drive. We had hoped to try RCCL next. We don't care that much about ports, just would like to keep the costs reasonable and not be gone too long. Thanks for any advice (from anyone)!

How about 9/12 E1? 8390 7388 6680 6388. Final payment just passed. maybe someone released them.

Thanks so much, wg! I should've mentioned that I didn't start checking til Oct. Sept. is a bit too soon. It's good to know that they can be found, and when final payment has come due is probably a good time to look.

Upgraded from Inside N category to cabin 8392 for both 5 night cruises.

Thank you for all your advice, people.

I know I am a TA, but better to ask these questions then to make wrong decisions.

Never to old to learn from those more experienced than me.

From my research, I would stay away from the Aft balconies on deck 6 - they do not extend any further than normal balconies and do have the gray area right in front of them:( I've also heard there is less air circulation to them because of the extended balconies on 7. We're booked into 7688 for next Fall:D

Upgraded from Inside N category to cabin 8392 for both 5 night cruises.

Thank you for all your advice, people.

I know I am a TA, but better to ask these questions then to make wrong decisions.

Never to old to learn from those more experienced than me.

From past experience I think you would have been better off picking D1 Cabins on deck 10 rather then being on deck 8. Much better view, not even close. Looks like you could have upgraded to a D1 for only about a $100 per cruise too.

Exact sailing dates would help select the perfect cabins for you. Corner cabins on deck 10 are as wide as a Junior Suite at the D1 Cabin price plus you get the awesome view from that baclony, You can't beat that combination for the money spent.

For instance if your sail date is 11/3 and 11/8 I would suggest Cabin 1388

If dates were 11/8 and 11/13 I would suggest Cabin 1690

If dates were 11/13 and 11/18 I would suggest Cabin 1690

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Today is the Sales Event for RCCL and I just booked my clients into the 9-12 Sailing on the Mariner in AFT 9692. There are a few AFT cabins available on deck 7 if you are interested. The cost is only $1616.56 for 2, so a great savings over yesterday's price. Just thought that I would let you all know that are sitting on the fence. The sailings on 8-22 and 9-5 have the same pricing, but I didn't look to see if AFT's available since my clients didn't need them. Good luck:)

Archived