Sea Princess - Platinum/Elite cocktail Happy Hour

southpawsdakota

We were on the Sea Princess in June and we did not see any daily special cocktail hour for Elite/Platinum cruisers. There was the $2.99 Power Hour special for everyone after 8:00 pm, as well as the Captain's Cocktail party for repeat cruisers.

We were wonder if there is a special platinum/elite coctail hour each evening. We were fortunate to experience it on our cruise on the Caribbean Princess.
There should be. It's not announced in the Patter or anywhere other than a card in your cabin that's easy to miss or isn't delivered (which happened to me.) Ask at the Captain's Circle desk after boarding and they'll let you know whether, when and where.

I would be surprised if they did not have it somewhere on the Sea Princess. When we were on the Ruby in 2009 it was brand new. They left a card in our stateroom the first night, which outlined the menu for each of the 16 nights -- which was held in the Disco. Each day another card was delivered as a reminder. Guests are told to bring the card as their entry pass. We are going on the Sea Princess in September, will check it out at that time.

I didn't think they had an area to hold the Elite/Platinum cocktail hour on the Sea Princess.

I don't believe they do - Sea Princess is a smaller ship. I read ALL the material left in our cabin, as well as the Patters and saw nothing about an Elite/Platinum cocktail hour.

I will be looking forward to this feature on our next cruise on the Emerald!

They left a card in our stateroom the first night, which outlined the menu for each of the 16 nights -- which was held in the Disco. Each day another card was delivered as a reminder. Guests are told to bring the card as their entry pass.

The procedure has changed. There should still be a card in the stateroom listing the dates, location, and specials for the cruise, but they no longer send a daily reminder and there is no card to bring as an entry pass.

It was in Skywalkers Nightclub on the Crown on our cruise in March. We had a great gathering of folks from our Cruise Critic rollcall--and all of us were at least Platinum and would meet up there most evenings.

It was in Skywalkers Nightclub on the Crown on our cruise in March. We had a great gathering of folks from our Cruise Critic rollcall--and all of us were at least Platinum and would meet up there most evenings.

What time was it held? Are the drinks free or special priced?

I would be surprised if they did not have it somewhere on the Sea Princess. When we were on the Ruby in 2009 it was brand new. They left a card in our stateroom the first night, which outlined the menu for each of the 16 nights -- which was held in the Disco. Each day another card was delivered as a reminder. Guests are told to bring the card as their entry pass. We are going on the Sea Princess in September, will check it out at that time.

We're boarding in two days so I can report back... I would think it could be held in either the Razzamatazz nightclub or the bar across the way.

We have been platinum for some time and will be elite on our next cruise:). While platinum, have never gotten invites to daily cocktail parties, only to past passenger parties (not daily). Are these daily parties given only on certain ships and are the drinks free?

We have been platinum for some time and will be elite on our next cruise:). While platinum, have never gotten invites to daily cocktail parties, only to past passenger parties (not daily). Are these daily parties given only on certain ships and are the drinks free?

The Platinum/Elite cocktail party in the evenings has not been around all that long, maybe for a year or so (not sure when you sailed on your last cruise, but that could be why you have not been offered it on the ships you have sailed on). It began as just for Elite passengers but about 6-8 months ago was switched so that both Platinum and Elite members can attend.

Drinks are not free, but they do usually have varied $2.99 drinks at this event. Some ships it is well attended, others, not so much. They also serve appetizers that change on a daily basis.

I don't believe they do - Sea Princess is a smaller ship. I read ALL the material left in our cabin, as well as the Patters and saw nothing about an Elite/Platinum cocktail hour.

I will be looking forward to this feature on our next cruise on the Emerald!

you're right on! I did check with the Hostess on our cruise (6/1) regarding this "event" and she told me...due to the size of the ship, is was not held on the Sea Princess...LuAnn

The Platinum/Elite cocktail party in the evenings has not been around all that long, maybe for a year or so (not sure when you sailed on your last cruise, but that could be why you have not been offered it on the ships you have sailed on). It began as just for Elite passengers but about 6-8 months ago was switched so that both Platinum and Elite members can attend.

Drinks are not free, but they do usually have varied $2.99 drinks at this event. Some ships it is well attended, others, not so much. They also serve appetizers that change on a daily basis.

Thanks Toto. Our last cruise on Princess was about a year ago but our next one in Sept, we will be elite Yahoo!

We were on the Diamond in Nov.-Dec. 2009 time frame and the special for the Platimum/Elite was held in Skywalkers every evening. If I recall, around 5 - 7 PM. It was a themed affair with the special drink being offered for $2.99 and the matching food was free. Margaritas, and Tacos, Scotch sours and beef tartar, etc. You get the idea. The entire menu was in our room when we arrived and we could pick and choose what we liked each evening and if we wanted to attend. Usually the second week was approximately the same as the first with a few changes over the 3 week cruise. It was all quite good and the company was great.

It was a themed affair with the special drink being offered for $2.99 and the matching food was free. .

We got off the Diamond in May and the drinks were $5.00 :confused:

As far as I can remember (dont count on that) the drinks have been $5.00 since

Princess started the special cocktail hour.

We got off the Diamond in May and the drinks were $5.00 :confused:

As far as I can remember (dont count on that) the drinks have been $5.00 since

Princess started the special cocktail hour.

Earl, yep, that was the way it started out, now they are doing the $2.99 drink speical.

Carol, we only attended a few of nights on our last long voyage and there was usually a basic appetizer, like cold shrimp and cheeses or Steak Tartare .............. heck, I can't even remember the others. We were on our way to the Steakhouse each time, so had a drink but only looked at the other offerings. ;) On the last sailing, we never went up once on the Emerald, just didn't interest us much.

thanks for this info, i haven't gone in the past few cruises because they were 5.00 for just one drink special and it didn't sound worth it...2.99 sounds a little better, and if they are also including platinum it will be nice to meet more people...i will definitely check it out on the emerald in sept :)

Archived