Murano or Tuscan Grille?

jwright98

We may only be able to do one specialty restaurant for dinner while on the Solstice in Sept (and dining in the MDR the rest of the cruise). I understand there is the Murano and the Tuscan Grille that charge about $30 or $35 per person. If you had to pick one, which one would it be?

Our group of 4 would tell you to go to Murano. My sister had a dish in Murano called Loupe de Mer that she is still raving about. I had Dover sole. The little dessert sampler is great, goat cheese souffle is wonderful. We found a lot to like in Murano, though it was not the best speciality restaurant we've enjoyed. Fantastic service.

We all felt it was far better than the Tuscan Grill. Everyone has a different idea of what is good, but as far as I can tell, the majority of people whose reviews I've read seemed to like Murano better. It's a pretty subjective question, though!

Went to Murano Saturday July 17. We had Filet Mignon, Rack of Lamb and Seafood Risotto. The first two were outstanding, and the last we would not order again. The service was tremendous, the food was fantastic and desserts were great. This was the only specialty restaurant we went to on Solstice and I would highly recommend it.

If at all possible I would encourage you to try both; they are both fantastic but quite different. If you are looking for a slow paced, elegant, fine dining experience with gourmet food then Murano would be the best option. If you want a more laid back dining experience with food similar to what you would find in a good land based steakhouse (though with a bit more variety) then Tuscan Grille would be best.

We preferred the Tuscan Grill, mainly due to:

the setting, overlooking the wake (murano has no view of the ocean)

The service, was excellent, without being stuffy, especially with the wine list

We also preferred the food at Tuscan, but that's very subjective

We did the Tuscan Grille and had a table for 2 at the aft watching the waves. The food was great and service good, the view great and the wine good too

Reading this, we will definitely be booking a table at Murano too next time

Jan

We just did both on our Med cruise a couple weeks ago. While we liked them both, we all preferred Tuscan Grille. I had the veal chop in Tuscan Grille, which was fabulous. The desserts looked amazing, but I was too full to even order one.

We may only be able to do one specialty restaurant for dinner while on the Solstice in Sept (and dining in the MDR the rest of the cruise). I understand there is the Murano and the Tuscan Grille that charge about $30 or $35 per person. If you had to pick one, which one would it be?

I'd try like heck to do them both. While I haven't experienced either, I've heard nothing but great things about both.....:):):)

Bob

We ate in the Tuscan on our 4/25 Solstice cruise. We were disappointed. It wasn't that the food was bad it just was not as good as we had expected and it did not live up to our expectations. My filet was over cooked and my wife got a ribeye that was only about 1/2 inch thick. Crab appetizer not very good either. Caesar was good and the dark chocolate fondue was wonderful. Our waiter brought a couple of extra entrees (kobe meatballs and I believe eggplant) and both were better than our steaks. Service was excellent.

For the most part, I did not feel it was any better than the MDR.

Did both on our 6/4 Eastern Med cruise on the Equinox. Murano, which I wasn't expecting to like as much, was very impressive, (except the wine list is absurd). We savored every bite. Hubby loved the foie gras appetizer and filet. I had the goat cheese souflee and Dover sole. Top- notch! The setting is very elegant, and we were too busy eating to miss the ocean view.

Tuscan Grille, while a beautiful setting, was just OK and agree it is on par food-wise with the MDR. Service in both was outstanding.

... we all preferred Tuscan Grille. ... The desserts looked amazing, but I was too full to even order one.

Hello, "Softball20".

Can you (or someone else) elaborate on the Tuscan Grille's desserts?

At the "X" site, where the Tuscan menu is shown, these are the only things listed:

Crème Brûlée

Pop-Rock Berries Gelato

Selection of Gelato and Sorbetto

What in the world, I said to myself? How could there be so little? No tiramisu, no canolli, no torta, no zuccotto, etc.?

Thanks, in advance, for helpful replies. :)

There was tiramisu, a fabulous panna cotta (I did have a taste), a deep chocolate fondue type thing, and I think something else but I don't recall. I should have just ordered one, but I was just too full. I would have been quite happy with any of the selections!

Archived