Cruise practice

Can't top the dress code one, but I'm going to start throwing my towels on the bathroom floor each morning and just KNOW there will be fresh ones hanging up when I get home.:D

Great idea for a fun thread.

Kathy

I was going to hang my bathing suit on my balcony but since I don't have a balcony, I snuck onto my neighbors deck and hung one there. Boy, were they confused. But luckily we didn't 'christian' their balcony for anything else. :rolleyes:

Erika

Go to your nearest school, commandeer the mic for the morning announcements and pretend to give the 12 noon captain's report! :)

Go to your local department store, hand them your credit card for a towel. Go use the towel and turn it back in with the hope they swipe your credit card for credit! :)

When I'm at the supermarket and swipe my credit card, I lean over the device, stare into it as though it were a camera, and make a loud "BONG" noise. Then I find the nearest buffet, fill my plate with twice the amount of food I could possibly eat, and go home to see if my bedroom is ready.

:D

Wait until the sun is overhead and temp is 90 degrees or more and without a breeze - have the whole family put on their PFDs (personal floatation devices), stand almost touching side by side and front to back out on the deck for about 15 minutes and have the kids blow whistles while attempting to listen (or pretending to listen) to a muffled announcement...

and talk in a loud voice for a long while because no one EVER wants to READ in a quiet library while on a cruise, do they?!!!

Then, I head on over to the local buffet and stand in one place holding tongs for so long folks begin to think I am a comemorative statue.

After that, I just think about the relaxing, wonderful time I will have despite the aforementioned examples.

I take some masking tape and write the day on my welcome mat so I'll know what day it is when I come through the door.

Classic! and way toooooooooooooooooooo funny.

One of my "practices" for a cruise is to go to a Golden Coral or similar restaurant and watch the first time cruisers pile their plate like it is going to be their last meal for the next 7 days. ;)

Tim

Archived