Free non-alcoholic drinks....

I'll be sailing with RCI for the first time later on this year.

I want to know what kind of non-alcoholic drinks are offered. I'm sure they have more variety during breakfast but I imagine the evening hours might be limited? Is the fountain located in the buffet?

I'm use to Carnival having free lemonade 24-hours a day at the buffet.

However, during a recent cruise on the Norwegian Star, I found that it's impossible to get a self-serve beverage after the buffet closes. There's not even water that's available anywhere on the ship (as far as I know). The only way you'll seem to be able to get water after hours if buy asking a bartender or by going to one of the full service dining areas!

Thanks!

I have some bad news with regard to the WJ (buffet). They close the doors to the buffet between meals and at night. You cannot get in to get anything or even just use the tables for card playing. They have water, ice tea and coffee available during meal times. At breakfast they have milk and some juice. When the WJ is closed you have to go to a bar and ask for water and ice. The voyager class and bigger have a cafe on the royal promenade that will have tea, coffee and ice water available 24 hours. Ice is available from the bars when they are open.

The dining rooms have ice water, tea, milk and coffee available for free while dining. Soda pop is available either in cans for a charge or you can use your soda card (actually sticker they put on your sea pass) for a fountain soda.

There will be ice in the stateroom of course and you can call and request more. Be aware though that there is a charge for room service in the wee hours of the morning.

I have been on the Carnival and Princess where access to the buffet is available 24 hours as you pointed out. I always like to drop by and fill my sport bottle with ice and water anytime I want. Alas not on RCI though.

I have some bad news with regard to the WJ (buffet). They close the doors to the buffet between meals and at night. You cannot get in to get anything or even just use the tables for card playing. They have water, ice tea and coffee available during meal times. At breakfast they have milk and some juice. When the WJ is closed you have to go to a bar and ask for water and ice. The voyager class and bigger have a cafe on the royal promenade that will have tea, coffee and ice water available 24 hours. Ice is available from the bars when they are open.

The dining rooms have ice water, tea, milk and coffee available for free while dining. Soda pop is available either in cans for a charge or you can use your soda card (actually sticker they put on your sea pass) for a fountain soda.

There will be ice in the stateroom of course and you can call and request more. Be aware though that there is a charge for room service in the wee hours of the morning.

I have been on the Carnival and Princess where access to the buffet is available 24 hours as you pointed out. I always like to drop by and fill my sport bottle with ice and water anytime I want. Alas not on RCI though.

There is a drinks station out side the windjammer which is open 24 hrs or if not at the Cafe Promanade on Voyager and Freedom class ships. Not sure about Oasis.

You are NOT permitted to fill bottles at any drink station due to hygiene reasons, however you can carry water back to your cabin in the plastic glasses available at the drinks stations and then do as you please.

You are NOT permitted to fill bottles at any drink station due to hygiene reasons,

True - However; the quicker method is to use the supplied clean glasses in the WJ to refill your water bottle in the WJ. (Use multiple glasses.)

Optionally, fill your water bottle with ice and tap water from the bathroom in your stateroom. (The "cold water out of the tap isn't very cold, thus the ice.)

Aloha,

John

OP, it looks like you will be on Mariner? If so, the Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours a day. You can always get water, coffee, tea there (as well as some pizza, finger sandwiches, cookies, etc).

The WJ does have water, lemonade, ice tea, and I have heard of some ships also now having flavored water.

You can also fill up a bottle and bring back to your room for later consumption? There are 'fridges' in the room but they really don't make things cold and do have items in there already to purchase. Your ice bucket, however, will be filled at least once a day.

I always like to drop by and fill my sport bottle with ice and water anytime I want.

With all due respect, please do not do this. It is very unsanitary, both for you from others before you who have done this, and after you for other passengers.

It would be appreciated by other passengers if you didn't do this. If no one filled their bottle directly from the spigot, it would be such a blessing. :)

With all due respect, please do not do this. It is very unsanitary, both for you from others before you who have done this, and after you for other passengers.

It would be appreciated by other passengers if you didn't do this. If no one filled their bottle directly from the spigot, it would be such a blessing. :)

Actually, it is only unsanitary if you let the bottle touch the spigot. If I had a bottle I wouldn't want to do that anymore than I would put my mouth on a water fountain.

Milk is no charge. The Cafe Promenade has hot chocolate as well as coffee, tea and water. You can take lemonade and tea, or, at breakfast, juice, back to your cabin and store in your fridge for use later in the day.

Archived