Which ships have nonsmoking cabins and balconies?

paulandfran

Try Celebrity, Azamara or Oceania! All of these lines have a more progressive smoking policy and have banned smoking in cabins, balconies and most areas of the ship.

Good Luck and Enjoy!

Kel:)

We're avid Princess cruisers and they allow smoking on their balconies. The way we get around this is we book our balcony as far forward as possible.

That way we don't get much in the way of smoke blowing back towards us. We've never had an issue with smokers. People are generally respectful of those sitting outside.

My sister once had a problem with her neighbors. They were smoking all the time and she couldn't enjoy her balcony. She knocked on their door, told them the issue, they apologized and said they'd only smoke during certain periods.

Worked out great. Have fun and congratulations!

We're avid Princess cruisers and they allow smoking on their balconies. The way we get around this is we book our balcony as far forward as possible.

That way we don't get much in the way of smoke blowing back towards us. We've never had an issue with smokers. People are generally respectful of those sitting outside.

My sister once had a problem with her neighbors. They were smoking all the time and she couldn't enjoy her balcony. She knocked on their door, told them the issue, they apologized and said they'd only smoke during certain periods.

Worked out great. Have fun and congratulations!

Thanks!!

After reading the posted site for Smoking on ships I see it would be best to get a cabin as far forward and on the starboard side of the ship.

All these things to think of just to avoid annoying smoke while on a cruise.

• 5 weeks later...

For the last few years, RCCL has been "no smoking in cabins"...You can only smoke on the balconies and I'm pretty sure those are "aired out" frequently. I smoke, and I'm only allowed to smoke on the balcony. I guess if you are in port, the smoke might drift, but otherwise, when the ship is moving, so is the smoke outside.

Archived