Room assigned! S-7039 on the Rotterdam

sparklplenty

Finally! Just received notice of our room assignment on the Rotterdam for the August 14th Alaska cruise - S 7039. Anyone ever had this room? Pics? Pros/cons...I really can't imagine there being a single con :D

Thought, insights, experiences welcome!

Naw, not an upgrade (I wish!), but a splurge for Mom. She's just finished a year battling lymphoma and then a knee replacement, so I suprised her with my own "upgrade" of sorts. She was so happy she giggled:) thanks for link to the pics...they look awesome! I am so excited :D

How funny you should ask! My mom just sent me a few pics of this room about 10 minutes ago! She was on the Jul 17-24 sailing, and this was their stateroom. I'll get them uploaded and post a link in a few minutes. (The ones she sent are from her iPhone...I'll have even better shots either tonight or tomorrow once she gets the ones off her camera.)

Iloverags2 those pictures are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing them! Did your mom like the placement of the room on the ship? Any little hints she can share? I'm going to forward this link on to my mom...thank you so much!

Tracie, my Dad's pitching in on this surprise as well. He's had me set up a bunch of surprises on board - roses, Pinnacle Grill, Spa services - to insure that Mom gets the 110% pampering she deserves :)

We were next door in 7037 for five months from Dec. 16 to May 10. We found it the ugliest room we've ever had in any ship - and together we have sailed in over 50 ships and since 1956 I have sailed in 102 DIFFERENT ships. We both objected to the big black sofa and the orange side chairs which gave the room a focal point reminiscent of nothing so much as HALLOWEEN over a chocolate brown carpet but worse are the curtains with the famous varicose veins with polyps pattern. There are other puzzling choices about the refitted suites but I didn't choose anything about them so I can't provide an answer as to why they did what they did.

Iloverags2 those pictures are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing them! Did your mom like the placement of the room on the ship? Any little hints she can share? I'm going to forward this link on to my mom...thank you so much!

Tracie, my Dad's pitching in on this surprise as well. He's had me set up a bunch of surprises on board - roses, Pinnacle Grill, Spa services - to insure that Mom gets the 110% pampering she deserves :)

Maybe a weeks pass at the Thermal Spa will help with the relaxation and pampering. It is $99 pp per week.

Did she take thos pictures with her I-phone? If so, nice job for a camera phone!:)

Thanks for passing on the link!

She did take those with her iPhone 3G! I was surprised how well they turned out also, since I had a 3GS before upgrading to the 4, and one thing I was always disappointed with was the camera on the 3GS.

I will find out any hints she has. She did mention it was a quick run up the stairs/lift to coffee in the morning on the Lido deck. Quicker than walking down the hall to the Neptune Lounge at the other end of the Navigation Deck (where the stateroom is located). They did spend quite a bit of time in the Neptune though...loved the service there! Another thing she was amazed by, they had an excellent view of Hubbard Glacier right from their verandah. Initially they had gone up and to the bow because they had heard the view from there is spectacular. Well, it was so crowded it was hard to see and enjoy the view. They decided to go down and see how the view was from their verandah, and this is what they saw...

ry%3D400

Needless to say, they decided to spend the rest of the day on their verandah!

I will see what else I can find out from her. :)

We will be on the Rotterdam in Oct 2011 and have 7033 booked. I was wondering what they were thinking when they chose the color schemes for the rooms...being so dark like that. I know on the Maasdam their suites were bright and cheery. As an artist/designer I know that colors are important in a space and when you want to have openess in small spaces...you need to use lighter neurtral or pastel colors. Not that it will matter all that much ...just being on the cruise in a suite is blessing enough! Happy cruising!:D

How funny you should ask! My mom just sent me a few pics of this room about 10 minutes ago! She was on the Jul 17-24 sailing, and this was their stateroom. I'll get them uploaded and post a link in a few minutes. (The ones she sent are from her iPhone...I'll have even better shots either tonight or tomorrow once she gets the ones off her camera.)

Cindy, May I have them for the HAL Stateroom/cabins site also, please??

Joanie

Oh my, that shot of Hubbard Glacier is incredible...thanks for sending it. I didn't think it was possible to get any more excited than I already am ;)

As for the color scheme, I happen to be one of those weird people who love orange and red accents, so I'm guessing I'll feel right at home! Thanks for the tip, though. I'll be sure to prep Mom for the big black couch.

And I'll be sure to take a ton of pics with DH's fancy-schmancy Nikon that he's graciously allowing out of his grasp for the 7 days of the cruise:D

Finally! Just received notice of our room assignment on the Rotterdam for the August 14th Alaska cruise - S 7039. Anyone ever had this room? Pics? Pros/cons...I really can't imagine there being a single con :D

Thought, insights, experiences welcome!

Congratulations on your upsale!!

Don't listen to others about the colors.

Just go and enjoy the Deluxe Suite -- you will love the Neptune Lounge and the concierges and being able to have breakfast in the Pinnacle.

Once you have experienced a Deluxe Suite you will never want a lower cateory.

ENJOY!!

Cindy, May I have them for the HAL Stateroom/cabins site also, please??

Joanie

Absolutely Joanie! Do you need me to send them in a file? Or can you copy from the hosted site they are on? I will try and get some better ones posted later this weekend. :D

Very nice room. And very nice treat for your mom. :D

--Be warned, if this is her first cruise, you're in trouble. I took mine earlier this year for her 60th, and the next thing I knew there was a 17day TA booked before she even left the ship...haha.

Absolutely Joanie! Do you need me to send them in a file? Or can you copy from the hosted site they are on? I will try and get some better ones posted later this weekend. :D

Got them Cindy THANK YOU!! I'll get them up in the morning, and email you once they are up:)

Joanie

Thanks to everyone for all your feedback!

Willsot - when Mom saw the placement of the cabin she breathed a sigh of relief. it will be a blessing with her knee replacement...and she said I'll just be her errand girl for treats from the Neptune!

Madbullogna - I can only hope she'll sign us up for a 17 day cruise! That sounds like heaven...

FYI for folks going to Alaska - Now that we're confirmed, I spoke with my brother, Kevin, about the ports we'll be stopping at. Kev's a commercial fisherman who's spend the better part of the last 25 years in SE, Bristol Bay, and Dutch Harbor, plus a 1 month kayak trip with his wife through Glacier Bay, so he knows the area pretty well. I asked him, outside all the touristy things, what do we absolutely NEED to see. Right away, he said the Totem Pole Park in Sitka and Mendenhall Glacier. He also said to walk over to Auk (sp?) Bay and get on one of the boats to see the whales...pretty much guaranteed to see them this time of year. Y'all probably know all about this already, but I thought I'd pass the info along.

Last Sept we were in a deluxe suite on the Volendam wih my Mom as well. Glacier viewing was the best right on our balcony as the ship did a number of 360 degree rotations so that everyone got to see it. We also went up on deck at first, but as others have stated, it was crowded, rainy and cold. Plus we had the Neptune Lounge right across the hall for a quick refreshment!

DaveOKC

We were in S category on the Rotterdam, our first time - we were upsold. We were very impressed. The suites are larger (or seemed to be) than on the newer ships. We loved the room and the colours didn't faze us one bit. Have a great cruise. You are going to enjoy the suite.:D:D

Archived