Eurodam vs Crown Princess

brovol

I am close to booking an SA on the Eurodam for my wife, two children and me. We have never sailed that ship, but a few years ago we were on the Westerdam, and loved it. The Crown Princess (mini suite) is almost $2000 cheaper. We have already been on the Crown, and all of her sister ships, though, so we might pay the extra freight for the Eurodam.

Additional advantages for the Crown, though, are that the kids would get separate beds, and Princess has unlimited soda cards, which we all like. But we really like HAL, and it has been a few years since our last HAL cruise.

Also, we are looking for info regarding the HAL suite perks; particularly how good the breakfast in the Pinnacle is, the VIP disembarkation, and what is in the concierge lounge. We have been sailing in the NCL suites the past few years, and love the perks they have.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am close to booking an SA on the Eurodam for my wife, two children and me. We have never sailed that ship, but a few years ago we were on the Westerdam, and loved it. The Crown Princess (mini suite) is almost $2000 cheaper. We have already been on the Crown, and all of her sister ships, though, so we might pay the extra freight for the Eurodam.

Additional advantages for the Crown, though, are that the kids would get separate beds, and Princess has unlimited soda cards, which we all like. But we really like HAL, and it has been a few years since our last HAL cruise.

Also, we are looking for info regarding the HAL suite perks; particularly how good the breakfast in the Pinnacle is, the VIP disembarkation, and what is in the concierge lounge. We have been sailing in the NCL suites the past few years, and love the perks they have.

Any help would be appreciated.

If photos, descriptions and such will help check this link: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html

Joanie

The SA is without a doubt the better choice. I also prefer the Eurodam to the Crown. Suite perks include laundry, dry cleaning and pressing, concierge, priority tenders and dining reservations, and more.

The SA is much larger than a Princess mini-suite which would be somewhat closer in size to a SS or SY on Holland America. The SA balcony is also much bigger and actually has furniture on it that can accomodate 4 people at once. You also get access to the Neptune Grill for quick snacks and to the concierge for all your reservations.

Princess offers a nice product, but in the end I think you would be better off on HAL. Either way, the family will have a great time.

We got off the Eurodam yesterday, had an Sy suite. If money was not a factor I would have booked a full suite but at 400 sf ,the Sy was fine for the 2 of us, the balcony had 2 chairs with ottomans and a small table with 3 chairs. our last Princess cruise was on the Coral, a mini suite. We enjoyed Princess but if all things were equal we would choose HAL. We have sailed in a SA suite and the extra space and benefits were great"

Archived