Able to make 11:15 am flight home from FLL?

Hi, We're experience cruisers, but have never been on a ship this size before. I'm wondering if we can make an 11:15 am flight out of FLL after we disembark the Allure in January? With that many passengers, I'm thinking it's going to take longer to get off the ship. I know we can do the express walk off, plus we are Diamond so we would have some priority. Any thoughts??

I hope so because we have a 10:30 am flight out! I believe there is a walk off service in which you may leave early as long as you take care of your own luggage.

Which date are you going??

We're on a B2B January 9 & 16 and flying home on the 23rd.

We are on the second week with you and fly out the same day. From what I've been reading on the oasis board there should be no trouble getting off early--just try to pack lightly!

That's funny! I don't ever pack lightly...my hubby always complains that I pack too much. I wish I could pack lightly, but we'll be gone for 15 days, so I need a lot of clothes :D

We're on the front half of that back to back. I'm waiting until August 17th for SW to open up their bookings. I hope to be able to get a similar flight time. I already bought the tickets down, we're going to Orlando and staying at Disney for a couple of nights before heading to the Allure Sunday AM. If I can manage my luggage to the airport, the rental car, etc. I should be able to manage getting it off the ship.

Disembarking Oasis was the slickest and smoothest we have ever encountered. Besides having her own terminal, it is all new and fully staffed. Customs was a breeze. On our May sailing, express walk-offs were called at 6:15 am.

If you choose to self-disembark, you are instructed to leave your luggage in your stateroom and proceed to the gangway between 6:15 and 7:30 am. The first groups of passengers (according to the schedule in the Compass) are called at approximately 7 am.

Luggage is taken to a holding area and taken into the terminal in order of disembarkation tag number. This is what makes it so efficient and expedient. For instance, if your tag number is 64, you can make your way off the ship at 8:40 am. Your luggage is moved into the terminal shortly before this time. If you try to leave before your assigned time, you will be turned back (that is how they explained it to us). Their goal is to have everyone off the ship by 9:30 am.

Having said all of this, I have no doubt you will make your early flight. It's actually not that early - I know others have made much earlier flights than 11:15. There are cabs lined up waiting to take you to the airport, if need be.

Have fun on Allure. :)

Disembarking Oasis was the slickest and smoothest we have ever encountered. Besides having her own terminal, it is all new and fully staffed. Customs was a breeze. On our May sailing, express walk-offs were called at 6:15 am.

If you choose to self-disembark, you are instructed to leave your luggage in your stateroom and proceed to the gangway between 6:15 and 7:30 am. The first groups of passengers (according to the schedule in the Compass) are called at approximately 7 am.

Luggage is taken to a holding area and taken into the terminal in order of disembarkation tag number. This is what makes it so efficient and expedient. For instance, if your tag number is 64, you can make your way off the ship at 8:40 am. Your luggage is moved into the terminal shortly before this time. If you try to leave before your assigned time, you will be turned back (that is how they explained it to us). Their goal is to have everyone off the ship by 9:30 am.

Having said all of this, I have no doubt you will make your early flight. It's actually not that early - I know others have made much earlier flights than 11:15. There are cabs lined up waiting to take you to the airport, if need be.

Have fun on Allure. :)

Thanks for the information. I feel better about booking that 11:15 flight now. I'm sure we'll have a great time on Allure...I can't wait!!

You should be fine. Our disembarkation time was 9:00 and we were at the airport by 10:30. There was a hold up at customs as we were leaving that took about 10 to 15 minutes. They get you off the ship pretty quickly and it definitely moves faster for U.S. citizens. The FLL airport is on the small side. We flew American and check-in went quickly, but there were very long lines for other airlines.

You should be fine. Our disembarkation time was 9:00 and we were at the airport by 10:30. There was a hold up at customs as we were leaving that took about 10 to 15 minutes. They get you off the ship pretty quickly and it definitely moves faster for U.S. citizens. The FLL airport is on the small side. We flew American and check-in went quickly, but there were very long lines for other airlines.

We have flown out of FLL before, but we always fly Northwest...now Delta.

I hope you make it because our flight is at 11:20 - our taxis can have a race to see who gets there first.

In the past, I have always booked later after noon flights just as a "safety" measure but then I get at teh airport sooo early I wonder why i didn't just book something earlier.

watch, this will be the only time that i miss my flight (murphy's law - who's murphy anyways....)

See ya at the cruise and waiting at the airport cause we missed our flights!!! LOL

We're on the front half of that back to back. I'm waiting until August 17th for SW to open up their bookings. I hope to be able to get a similar flight time. I already bought the tickets down, we're going to Orlando and staying at Disney for a couple of nights before heading to the Allure Sunday AM. If I can manage my luggage to the airport, the rental car, etc. I should be able to manage getting it off the ship.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that SW will open up their bookings on August 17? We're waiting for the same thing.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know that SW will open up their bookings on August 17? We're waiting for the same thing.

On the main SW page scroll to the bottom and click on "Travel Tools". This is the page they use to update this info.

A link to it: http://www.southwest.com/flight/travel_center.html?int=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-TRAVEL-TOOLS

I'm surprised, not even 8:00AM here in Chicago and the flights are already open on Southwest. Thanks to everyone who posted here I felt reasonably comfortable with booking the 10:25AM flight. It was the only non-stop until after 3:00 in the afternoon and I always try to avoid a connection if I can.

We booked the 11:15a flight last March, the ship was slow that day getting thru customs, we also were personally reviewed by customs, and still made the flight with more than 2 hours at the airport. Hoping to go again in 2011 on the Allure and I will book the 11:15A again.

We booked the 11:15a flight last March, the ship was slow that day getting thru customs, we also were personally reviewed by customs, and still made the flight with more than 2 hours at the airport. Hoping to go again in 2011 on the Allure and I will book the 11:15A again.
Did you do the express walk-off? What time did you actually get off the ship?

Hi, We're experience cruisers, but have never been on a ship this size before. I'm wondering if we can make an 11:15 am flight out of FLL after we disembark the Allure in January? With that many passengers, I'm thinking it's going to take longer to get off the ship. I know we can do the express walk off, plus we are Diamond so we would have some priority. Any thoughts??

We're on the same two cruises as you. We will be booking our flights soon through Delta. On the last two Oasis cruises, we had flights booked for around 11:00 and on both cruises, we were able to get on an earlier flight. In May it was a 7:50 flight. We have six large ships in the morning that we return. The only way that I would feel safe is to do self debarkation and get to the airport early.

We're on the same two cruises as you. We will be booking our flights soon through Delta. On the last two Oasis cruises, we had flights booked for around 11:00 and on both cruises, we were able to get on an earlier flight. In May it was a 7:50 flight. We have six large ships in the morning that we return. The only way that I would feel safe is to do self debarkation and get to the airport early.
I've been watching the flights on Delta for a while now. We're using Flex Perks for the free tickets. For a while you could get a non-stop down to FLL and one stop back to MSP for 20,000 points. Now all of the flights are 30,000 points. :rolleyes: I'm going to keep my eye on them and get them if/when they go down. I'm still looking at the 11:15am one-stop flight home or the 1:25pm non-stop. At least with everyone's responses on how early you can disembark, it makes me feel better about getting an early flight. I just don't want to go any earlier than 11:15am. I'd be a nervous wreck worrying about missing my flight...I don't need that much pressure after relaxing for 14 days on the Allure!

Archived