How many hangers did you find in your closet when you arrived on board?

coffeebean

I saw a picture of an empty closet with five hangers in it. I surely hope NCL supplies each closet with more than 5 hangers.

How many hangers did you find in your closet when you arrived on board??? We will be in an aft standard balcony BA cabin if that makes a difference.

I saw a picture of an empty closet with five hangers in it. I surely hope NCL supplies each closet with more than 5 hangers.

How many hangers did you find in your closet when you arrived on board??? We will be in an aft standard balcony BA cabin if that makes a difference.

If there aren't enough hangers just ask your room steward for more.........they have plenty. :)

Well, I never thought of counting the number of hangers that we had and then writing it down to remember for later.

However, I would guess that we had 10-12 on the Pearl, inside cabin. We did not find a need to ask for more. I am comfortable with placing two pair of mens pants on the same hanger, or putting a shirt on a hanger that also has pants on it.

Some of the hangers were those "skirt" type with the clips.

I bought a pants hanger that holds about 4 to 5 pair hanging. Then I fold the whole thing in half and it fits in the bottom of the suitcase and goes right into the closet. Things are not wrinkled and handy to find. Not sure where I got it but it is the best!!

At Bed Bath and Beyond you can get these flat velvet covered hangs that will save tons of space in your closet at home.

The also have some at Target that don't have a little bump for hanging another hanger on. They are also good travel hangers since they are so flat.

you can always ask for me...usually i dont bother and just double up things...not a biggie~

i meant ask for more...they are happy to get things for you:)--sorry

stuck keys:D

also several of our things are already on hangers that is how they are packed and in drycleaning bags...less wrinkles-open up the bag and out they come hanger and all...

saves time too

I don't know an exact number but we've never had to ask for more, so I can tell you there were plenty. After 5 cruises I think this time MAYBE I will have learned to take less clothes!:rolleyes:

Do you mean like...where's Waldo?

I think we found all of them....... ;)

If I had to guess, there were easily a dozen. If I wasnt lazy, I could go & look at my photos and answer definitively....but that answer would only have been good for that suite, on that sailing and wouldn't help you in the least.

After so many cruises we have learned to travel relatively lightly and we had plenty of hangers. Plus there are so many drawers and shelves. If you need more you can ask the cabin steward.

Nita

:o I confess that I have always packed some hangers because there were never enough...the last cruise I took, I actually left my clothes ON hangers and put them in the suitcase that way. Unpacking was a BREEZE!! I pulled things out and walked them right to the closet and hung them. It cut my unpacking time by more than half!

i meant ask for more...they are happy to get things for you:)--sorry

stuck keys:D

also several of our things are already on hangers that is how they are packed and in drycleaning bags...less wrinkles-open up the bag and out they come hanger and all...

saves time too

HI: We pack about 12+ wire hangers (from the cleaners)! They don't take up much room and quickly hang up shirts/tops, etc. Also, we take extras of "skirt" hangers, for my slacks, as I don't like the 'fold' in the middle of the leg! Works out great!

We leave the hangers in the closet for the next guests of they want to use them. Going home, doesn't matter if the clothes are creased. They either go to the dry cleaners or get home laundered, whatever is necessary!

Just hope the Cabin Steward doesn't remove them! They don't take up much room in the closet and this way he or she doesn't have to run around looking for more 'big' hangers for the next guest.

Safe sails!

I'm thinking she removes them. :rolleyes:

LOVE THE PICTURE!

Also might depend on the room type, the larger the room, the larger the closet(s) and the higher the hanger quantity. GV probably had 60 or so in the 3 closets, but one of the closets was probably the size of an inside cabin...really.

I also use those flat hangers at home, someone ordered them from HSN and sent them to me as a gift; never thought I'd ever get hangers as a gift, but they really are great and I appreciate getting them.

That being said, I usually bring clothes that are still on the hanger from the cleaners (and in the bag to prevent wrinkling) so when I unpack I just pull them from the bag and hang them right up. I hate spending any time on vacation unpacking so this saves a lot of time.

Even though we know we can ask the cabin steward for more, he is usually very busy on embarkation day/eve and sometimes we don't even meet our cabin steward until the next day. So I bring several wire hangars. They don't take up much space. In fact, I often pack shirts in the suitcase on the hangars. Makes it easy for unpacking and they don't wrinkle much either.

LOVE THE PICTURE!

Also might depend on the room type, the larger the room, the larger the closet(s) and the higher the hanger quantity. GV probably had 60 or so in the 3 closets, but one of the closets was probably the size of an inside cabin...really.

I also use those flat hangers at home, someone ordered them from HSN and sent them to me as a gift; never thought I'd ever get hangers as a gift, but they really are great and I appreciate getting them.

That being said, I usually bring clothes that are still on the hanger from the cleaners (and in the bag to prevent wrinkling) so when I unpack I just pull them from the bag and hang them right up. I hate spending any time on vacation unpacking so this saves a lot of time.

We use loads of plastic cleaner bags. Maybe this time I'll leave the shirts, etc. on wire hangers and pack that way. I'll hang my tops, then put the plastic over them. Sounds like a great and easy way for packing and unpacking!

Thanks for your idea! After a million cruises, you'd think I'd know to pack in plastic on hangers :-) Oh well, never to old to learn something new.

Safe sails always!!

Archived