Apparently addicted to cruising already

John73

Hi, my name's John and I'm addicted to cruising.

I was on the Solstice in July for my first cruise ever and I was absolutely hooked! I was supposed to be on her again today but had to cancel for work reasons. My next cruise is booked Sept 12th on the Solstice and it seems so far away. After that i've booked a Nov 21st Solstice sailing, Dec 13th Millennium sailing, Jan 2nd Solstice sailing, and May 1st Solstice Transatlantic.

I think i may be addicted but I'm enjoying it!

I just thought I was but you convinced I am not - I only am able to take one or two cruises a year and try to take a different ship each time not the same one over and over. Have you posted a review - you must have loved the cruise.

I was on the Solstice in July for my first cruise ever and I was absolutely hooked! I was supposed to be on her again today but had to cancel for work reasons. My next cruise is booked Sept 12th on the Solstice and it seems so far away. After that i've booked a Nov 21st Solstice sailing, Dec 13th Millennium sailing, Jan 2nd Solstice sailing, and May 1st Solstice Transatlantic.

sounds like you get alot of vacation time ...or you are retired ... ...see you on January 2

Welcome to the club John.

I would venture to guess that most, if not all, of the people who post on these boards are in some measure addicted. The thing about this additction though, is that most of us do not want to quit :)

I wish I was "The Boss", I'm just very fortunate to have a job with flexible hours and accruing 5 weeks of vacation each year. I had 5 weeks that carried over from last year so this year I'm in a burning mode otherwise I'd lose a lot of it.

I did post a quick review of Solstice after my first cruise. It's posted at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246303

I had looked at other ships for some sailings but the prices on Solstice were just too good to beat. And I enjoyed the diving so much in the Caribbean that I don't mind repeating the same locations. But, I 'm afraid that after doing the Transatlantic I'm going to have to figure out what to do since Celebrity won't be in the Caribbean next summer. Guess that'll just be an excuse to gain more airline miles from having to fly to Europe :)

Welcome to the fold.....:):):)

Bob

HI--my DH and I just got off the Solstice--Aug 1 sailing. I completely understand your being hooked, and especially on X. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Wish we could come with you on all those sailings. Alas, we have to wait until our FEb 19 sail on Eclipse.

Hey John

I know just what you mean. I went on my 1st cruise 7 years ago, and have enjoyed 14 of them since. Im booked on the Solstice for 9/26 and cant wait. I saled on the Summit in January and loved it!!!! I thinking cruising is the ultimate in vacationing. Maybe we will cross paths one day aboard a ship!!!!:)

Archived