On board Eclipse

uktog

First glass on the card bought!!

It's not a good weather day in Southampton but Eclipse is in good shape. Donald Cameron is back on as FB manager have no other names yet but will post when I do

Anyone driving to Southampton the drop off and parking arrangements were the best and easiest we have ever had

We brought two decent bottles of bubbly on board in our hand luggage no problem at all - they were in their boxes and the lady just said oh some good stuff

Any questions ask I will try andreply when I get online

Ann

Could you get the table numbers in the dining room of the 2 groups of 4 tops next to the windows on the 3rd floor, left side of the dining room (entering from the left entrance) all the way back in the "alcove"? I hope that makes sense!! Or if you could get them to give you a chart that would be great. Thanks!

Tiffany

Ann,

I'll be getting on as you get off - so looking forward to every titbit of info you can give us! Make sure you get your monies worth out of that drinks card (hic!)

Bon voyage!!!

Me too ...and can't wait. Have a fantastic trip and look forward to reading your reports if and when you get a chance to post ...

good to hear that the car drop off in Southamton is quick and easy ..first time we have done that.

Could you get the table numbers in the dining room of the 2 groups of 4 tops next to the windows on the 3rd floor, left side of the dining room (entering from the left entrance) all the way back in the "alcove"? I hope that makes sense!! Or if you could get them to give you a chart that would be great. Thanks!

Tiffany

I'm not exactly sure which side you mean, but we had one of those tables on deck 3, starboard side(but left hand side as you enter the dining room), and it was number 360. I think the 4 person next to it was 359.

We loved the location, away from the hustle and bustle of the main area and alot more room around the individual tables.

Ann, look forward to reading your posts, wish we were back onboard!

Julie

I'm not exactly sure which side you mean, but we had one of those tables on deck 3, starboard side(but left hand side as you enter the dining room), and it was number 360. I think the 4 person next to it was 359.

We loved the location, away from the hustle and bustle of the main area and alot more room around the individual tables.

Ann, look forward to reading your posts, wish we were back onboard!

Julie

Julie, Yes, that is exactly where I mean. Same area. We had table number 360 on our first Solstice cruise when it was just the 4 of us. It was a 4 top table by itself right by the waiter station and fire extinguisher.

On our 2nd Solstice cruise, there was 8 of us and we had 2 4 tops that were put together, table numbers 355 and 356 right next to the window. There was another group of 4 tops numbers 353 and 354 right behind them. I was trying to see if the table numbers are the same as the Solstice because we really prefer the same area.

I can email a copy of the dining room plan to you if it would help. It's a little hard to read in some areas, but it may give you a guide to go by. A thumbnail on here would be way too small and impossible to read. Thank you so much and have a GREAT cruise!

Tiffany

Julie, Yes, that is exactly where I mean. Same area. We had table number 360 on our first Solstice cruise when it was just the 4 of us. It was a 4 top table by itself right by the waiter station and fire extinguisher.

On our 2nd Solstice cruise, there was 8 of us and we had 2 4 tops that were put together, table numbers 355 and 356 right next to the window. There was another group of 4 tops numbers 353 and 354 right behind them. I was trying to see if the table numbers are the same as the Solstice because we really prefer the same area.

I can email a copy of the dining room plan to you if it would help. It's a little hard to read in some areas, but it may give you a guide to go by. A thumbnail on here would be way too small and impossible to read. Thank you so much and have a GREAT cruise!Tiffany

Our table 360 a 4 top, was next to the waiter station and fire extinguisher, the other 4 top was behind it. The 2 tables right against the window were 6 tops. All of the other tables in the area were much larger. If you wanted right next to the window you could still request it and see, the one next to us had only a family of 4 all cruise and the other one only a couple.

Julie

Our table 360 a 4 top, was next to the waiter station and fire extinguisher, the other 4 top was behind it. The 2 tables right against the window were 6 tops. All of the other tables in the area were much larger. If you wanted right next to the window you could still request it and see, the one next to us had only a family of 4 all cruise and the other one only a couple.

Julie

Hmmm, I'm wondering if they have the same set up. 360 is the same. 361 was the other 4 top just like 360 but in the corner.

If you were starting on the back wall on the left next to the windows, there were 3 tables for 2 (making a 6 top being so close together), another set like that in front of those, 2 tables of 4 (table for 8 being no space inbetween), another set like that, and then 2 sets of 10 tops - the huge oval shaped tables.

This is so frustrating. It's much easier to request a table number as we did on our 2nd Solstice cruise since I had the seating chart. But I don't want to try and guess and end up totally wrong! Sure would be nice to know if they use the same chart for all Solstice class ships. Would make sense to me, but I'm not betting on it.

Tiffany

Hmmm, I'm wondering if they have the same set up. 360 is the same. 361 was the other 4 top just like 360 but in the corner.

If you were starting on the back wall on the left next to the windows, there were 3 tables for 2 (making a 6 top being so close together), another set like that in front of those, 2 tables of 4 (table for 8 being no space inbetween), another set like that, and then 2 sets of 10 tops - the huge oval shaped tables.

This is so frustrating. It's much easier to request a table number as we did on our 2nd Solstice cruise since I had the seating chart. But I don't want to try and guess and end up totally wrong! Sure would be nice to know if they use the same chart for all Solstice class ships. Would make sense to me, but I'm not betting on it.

Tiffany

No, the set up is different, there are the 4 tables as described near the wall, all round tables. The rest of the 'room' is all long tables extending out from the window, all 10 tops.

Julie

No, the set up is different, there are the 4 tables as described near the wall, all round tables. The rest of the 'room' is all long tables extending out from the window, all 10 tops.

Julie

Julie, thanks for the info. Wonder why they changed it. Now I have some real thinking to do.

Hopefully someone can get a copy of the plans so I can reevaluate!

Tiffany

This is an unusual request. My husband will be the Jewish clergy aboard the Eclipse in Sept. He has been unable to find out if the ship has prayer books for the High Holidays and also prayer books for the Sabbath. Usually these books or booklets are on board but this is a new ship so they may not be. If you are willing to ask the Activities Director and post a reply to this thread, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

Archived