Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

Princess Cruise Tips & Secrets

BEFORE THE CRUISE

PACKING

* Before you leave - e-mail pdfs of your passports, credit cards, etc. to

As someone who has worked in the IT field for many years this makes me shudder. Your email is NOT secure. I can't imagine emailing sensitive information of this type.

Question regarding projection clocks - the ones that project the time onto the ceiling. I looked (briefly) online and saw able a gazillion of them. Can anybody recommend one of them that has proven to be a decent projection clock for a reasonable price?

As someone who has worked in the IT field for many years this makes me shudder. Your email is NOT secure. I can't imagine emailing sensitive information of this type.

I bring an SD card that has this type information on it. Easy enough to bring along.

I keep revisiting this thread and seeing stuff which is so mixed. Many of the ideas are just items lost in the flood of details in the cruise line marketing and contract. It is not so much Princess did not tell you as it said them all at once. I guess they can not put it all in large print bold italics. Other stuff is more ideas to make the trip better which somebody suggests, but it is not ship policy.

Still many good ideas. And I am happy some new folks see these before their cruise or, in my case, before my next cruise. The dates of the oldest items does limit the confidence I can place in them.

What did Princess not tell me? They would close the upper fore decks in trivial wind conditions IMHO for my safety. I wanted to see the sea from up there. ( I firmly believe the only are that was really a risk was the small portion of deck over the bridge wings as falling could sweep you off the back and you would go in the drink, so to speak.)

PS: take paper copies of passports and leave copies at home. I left copies with 3 different trusted people. Email is a terrible place to 'store' a PDF of a passport. But if you are gonna do that, do your credit cards too! (And tell me your email!)

too funny!! :D:D:D

Hey! It's not funny at all. It definitely works great for an inside cabin. The screen is dark at night and gradually gets lighter as the sun comes up. If you wake up and the screen is dark just go back to sleep. If the screen is light then get out of bed and get cracking. You have relaxing to do other than just sleeping. :)

Hey! It's not funny at all. It definitely works great for an inside cabin. The screen is dark at night and gradually gets lighter as the sun comes up. If you wake up and the screen is dark just go back to sleep. If the screen is light then get out of bed and get cracking. You have relaxing to do other than just sleeping. :)

Or you can put a towel over the screen and pretend it is a curtain over your oceanview window.

I will be sailing on the Golden to Hawaii on 24 Oct. 12. We have a cabin on Deck 15 S702. The cabin is a Delux O V Stateroom and there are only 2 of these type cabins in the fleet These cabins must be a real secret because there is not a photo of either cabin S702/704 to be found. These cabins were installed in 2009 when the Golden had their big overhall. I even spoke to princess and they not only could not send a photo but there are no blue print of the cabin to see the layout. The cabin is special as it is on the 15th deck along with 10 new suites that were also put in. Does anyone know about these cabins?

My husband and I were lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the Penthouse suites (S708) on the Golden in July and that room was fantastic. Not only is it huge but the service you get is incredible as the room stewards only have that area to service so they are very attentive. The amenities with the suite are also great (dry cleaning/laundry, free internet, free onetime bar, and entry to the special restaurant for breakfast - unbelievable!) and it is a very nice location on the back of the ship. Enjoy!

Barbara

The amenities with the suite are also great (dry cleaning/laundry, free internet, free onetime bar, and entry to the special restaurant for breakfast - unbelievable!) and it is a very nice location on the back of the ship. Enjoy!

Free Internet was eliminated as a suite benefit this summer.

Has anyone experienced transfers from Heathrow to Southhampton? If so once you meet the Princess rep in terminal 3 is there a long hike to the bus? Would it be of concern for someone needing a wheelchair? Any advice welcome since the Princess information on this is very generic.

I do not remember a long walk from where you meet the Princess rep to the Princess bus, but if you need a wheelchair, arrange it with the airline.

Thanks, but clients are coming in early and will be coming from a hotel to meet the Princess transfer at terminal 3, thus the need to see if they will require some assistance from someone like a porter.

We are elite for the first time and would like to know about the free one time minibar, how many nad what kind of drinks do we get Thanks Tom.

Here are the mini-bottles

980812180812ElitebarsetupDSC01046.jpg

And you get two of each of what is shown in this picture

980812280812ElitebarsetupDSC01048.jpg

We are elite for the first time and would like to know about the free one time minibar, how many nad what kind of drinks do we get Thanks Tom.

Great pics Caribill gave you

They also let you exchange beverages ie courvoisier for another liquor

Reg soda for diet, etc

They didn't allow us to exchange the other mini bottles for all vodka last cruise. Hopefully they stopped that silliness.

That would certainly be silly. I have always been able to exchange the mini bottles when I was in a suite. I am really surprised.

Great pics Caribill gave you

They also let you exchange beverages ie courvoisier for another liquor

Reg soda for diet, etc

And if you do not drink alcohol, you can exchange the liquor minatures and beer for soda or Perrier or bottled water.

Archived