Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

And I dont eat fish... Does that mean they don't serve it??

Geesh, I was just asking a question to the OP, who happens to be on the ship this week having a good time and I was just curious if they had it on the Oasis as there are reports of it being on other ships!

If you don't have the time to read through her thread and see what she's answered, what makes you think that she has time to keep answering the same questions @65cent per minute? :confused:

Probably cost her $2.50 to read your question, compose an answer, and submit it.

Carol, fyi so you will know for future trivia questions...per DH what the engineering dept did on OA (loud bang and black smoke) is called a "regen". or "ReGen" or "Regen"...DH only said the word, he didn't spell it out for me. DH is a mechanic (automotive technician)

Sorry about being MIA for a while. I researched the photo transfer thing, and the ship's store, of course, doesn't have a card reader. I tried to access the internet with Lorna's netbook, and the system has dropped the login info, so I have to re-register. <sigh>

The Captain almost made me spill my drink at the Plat/Dia/Dia+ event this evening.

During the Q & A, someone asked him about the incident.

After explaining it, he said:

"Miami called me in a panic. They said that a passenger on board the Oasis had posted on Cruise Critic that there had been an explosion. What's going on out there?""

Dirtgirl was sitting right next to me when he said that, and we both laughed until we were breathless!

:D

Here's Majesty and Oasis yesterday in Nassau. Majesty backed into her port slot and Oasis came in head first. Made for an awkward picture. However, still a nice shot from Senor Frogs.

Rick and Deirdra

We waved at you, Rick! :)

So, after Chops on Saturday night, we went to the Aqua Theatre for Oasis of Dreams. We got there early, and sat in the front row.

No, not in the Splash Zone - the first row of CHAIRS. It had just rained, but the seats are mesh, and the water flows straight through and then the seats dry very quickly.

The show was A MA ZING.

I have fantastic pictures, which I will try to post soon.

This is certainly a DO-NOT-MISS.

OMG!!!! awesome!!! I cant wait to see your pics of Oasis of dreams!! did u see mowgli the aussie diver???:):):)

I took SO MANY PICTURES of Jesse, because I wanted to post them straightaway for YOU!!! As soon as I get the photos uploaded, they'll be here!

He was wonderful in Splish Splash this afternoon, too!

Dont't hate me, you said it your self,;) Now I know why I can never get a booking, you guys are just having too much fun.:D

I just had to make fun of you two:cool::p

Spring, we never would have done that if she actually had people waiting! :)

Cindy had two associates working that day, Luz and Badir, so everyone "got served". :D

That's pretty much the entitlement mentality that ruins mass market cruising (see the threads on hogging lounge chairs by the pool, etc.).

I apologize to the OP if my reaction to her 'fish eye' to the cabin attendant took this thread off course.

Hi, M! I never had the chance to give my cabin attendant the fisheye - that was for the Guest Services gentleman who said that if my steward said no, then there's nothing HE can do about it. I had no chance to do ANYTHING to my steward, because he never introduced himself, never talks to us, and never makes eye contact when we attempt to talk to him.

just FYI.

:)

And I dont eat fish... Does that mean they don't serve it??

Geesh, I was just asking a question to the OP, who happens to be on the ship this week having a good time and I was just curious if they had it on the Oasis as there are reports of it being on other ships!

Wasn't trying to be rude. But somebody already asked the question, and that was her answer.

I forgot to tell you something odd that happened at Chops.

Chops is $25 pp.

At the end of the meal, our waiter asked us if we wanted coffee.

Lorna said "yes, decaf". I said, "I don't drink coffee. May I please have decaf tea?"

He said, "We only have Tazo tea, and we charge $1.95 for it."

Um, HUH??????????

Hey Carol - Find any piano players????? :D

Ok, here's a funny story, Kenny.

So, I had glanced at the Cruise Compass to find out the Schooner Bar player's name. I had only a vague recollection. So, when Lorna asked what his name was, as we sat in our chairs listening, I said, "He looks REALLY familiar. I think that he was on the Serenade when I went to Alaska in June (2009)."

So as I searched in my bag for the CC for the answer, I said, "His name is Ed something. Ed Manchego............no, that's a cheese...........but it's something like that."

And Lorna suggested, "Ed Mandingo?"

We laughed a while at that, but the actual answer is Ed Manego.

Maybe you had to be there. ;)

(and we don't really like him; he doesn't really encourage singing along; he just likes to sing by himself. Blech)

The Captain almost made me spill my drink at the Plat/Dia/Dia+ event this evening.

"Miami called me in a panic. They said that a passenger on board the Oasis had posted on Cruise Critic that there had been an explosion. What's going on out there?""

Dirtgirl was sitting right next to me when he said that, and we both laughed until we were breathless!

Now this made me laugh..I could just see the two of you :) we missed your posts Carol... glad you are back on track...:) waiting to hear about your cooking with Luis

Hey..what happened to your thread from yesterday?

Did you ever find out what that noise was??

The short version is that the ship farted. Something about cleaning out the stackes.

Now this made me laugh..I could just see the two of you :) we missed your posts Carol... glad you are back on track...:) waiting to hear about your cooking with Luis

See it? I can HEAR it from LA! I've been the other channel of the stereo hyenas, so I know what it sounds like, too. Scares my husband every time!:D

I think the OP is pretty bugged by some of these threads on her posting live thread and it seems like she's ignoring everybody and decided to just enjoy her cruise. Who can blame her.

Gee, I didn't know the Oasis was a Princess ship...;)

I forgot to tell you something odd that happened at Chops.

Chops is $25 pp.

At the end of the meal, our waiter asked us if we wanted coffee.

Lorna said "yes, decaf". I said, "I don't drink coffee. May I please have decaf tea?"

He said, "We only have Tazo tea, and we charge $1.95 for it."

Um, HUH??????????

Ok, here's a funny story, Kenny.

So, I had glanced at the Cruise Compass to find out the Schooner Bar player's name. I had only a vague recollection. So, when Lorna asked what his name was, as we sat in our chairs listening, I said, "He looks REALLY familiar. I think that he was on the Serenade when I went to Alaska in June (2009)."

So as I searched in my bag for the CC for the answer, I said, "His name is Ed something. Ed Manchego............no, that's a cheese...........but it's something like that."

And Lorna suggested, "Ed Mandingo?"

We laughed a while at that, but the actual answer is Ed Manego.

Maybe you had to be there. ;)

(and we don't really like him; he doesn't really encourage singing along; he just likes to sing by himself. Blech)

First thank you so much for your live posts...

Do you know if Diamond Plus members have the coupon for Chops for the first night, buy one get one free that some have mentioned..

The other question is Ed Mandigo from Australia, his name sounds familiar like the one we once had that was like Elton John....

We are sailing in 6 weeks and absolutely love the ship we were fortunate to sail on her pre-Inagural last November and can't wait to go back... thanks again

I took SO MANY PICTURES of Jesse, because I wanted to post them straightaway for YOU!!! As soon as I get the photos uploaded, they'll be here!

He was wonderful in Splish Splash this afternoon, too!

WOW!!! AWESOME!!! thankyou thankyou thankyou:):):)..yayyyy

I cant wait to see them! we havent heard from him for a few days so good to hear hes performing well and still there hahaha!!THANKYOU!!!!:D

The Captain almost made me spill my drink at the Plat/Dia/Dia+ event this evening. During the Q & A, someone asked him about the incident. After explaining it, he said:

priceless!

Sorry about being MIA for a while. I researched the photo transfer thing, and the ship's store, of course, doesn't have a card reader. I tried to access the internet with Lorna's netbook, and the system has dropped the login info, so I have to re-register. <sigh>

Once again proving that Miami really does read these boards.

Archived