Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

I need tech help.

I have photos to upload so I can post them here.

LL brought her netbook, but we can't get my pics on there.

HELP! What can I do to be able to post?

Carol, you're writing on LL's Netbook? Do you have a cable to attach your camera to the Netbook? If not I'm afraid you're stumped. Are your pics on a camera or a cell phone? If on a cell phone you could upload to something like Facebook and then link to the pics there.

I was just down at Guest Services, and asked for someone to bring us a lounge chair. The guy asked if I had asked my cabin attendant. (I had already told him that "Stewart" refused to bring one. ((He still hasn't introduced himself, so we still don't know his name)). Then he said, well, if the cabin steward says no, it's no.

Bad answer.

I gave him "the look". You all know "the look". My ex calls it "the fisheye".

He picked up his phone, called Housekeeping, turned to me and said, "They will be bringing you a lounger this evening."

you are my hero.;)

After my 3rd CC suspension. :eek: :p

Oh come on, the 4th time's a charm. :p:D

I am still laughing at Lorna and the forgotten camera. :p Wishing you ladies a great cruise. Seems wonderful so far! Except for that darn Earl. I never liked that name...Earl. Its my hubby's middle name. ;)

Thanks so much for the "live" review. I am so enjoying it! We will be sailing in November. It will be our first cruise as D+. Can you tell me a little about the CL lounge. Is is the same as the D lounge on Freedom Class ships? What are some of the coupons in the D+ book?

I hope you are enjoying your cruise even with the change in itenerary!!

P.S. where and when were the Mimosas served???

Hey Paul and Rose!!

I was just down at Guest Services, and asked for someone to bring us a lounge chair. The guy asked if I had asked my cabin attendant. (I had already told him that "Stewart" refused to bring one. ((He still hasn't introduced himself, so we still don't know his name)). Then he said, well, if the cabin steward says no, it's no.

Bad answer.

I gave him "the look". You all know "the look". My ex calls it "the fisheye".

He picked up his phone, called Housekeeping, turned to me and said, "They will be bringing you a lounger this evening."

Hahahaha way to go !!! LOL

That's not too bad -- just like Freedom and Voyager class. I bring one of those "sock" diffusers with me. You can order from various websites like Folica.com or other web sites for shampoos, gels etc or your hair salon may be able to get it for you. My hair likes the Caribbean and looks better on ship than at home -- especially in the winter.

We've never heard of a sock diffuser until now!

If the hair dryer is low volume to begin with I can't

imagine it would work well with a sock diffuser...

we'll just pack her dryer and make life simple and happy happy :D

Any of those months is good for avoiding intense heat.

I will report on motion on this ship after the storm has passed!!!!!

:)

Thank you for your quick reply!!!

I read the internet minutes are so expensive! Is it slow? If we pay for 1 hour an it takes a long time to connect and to send email, then we'll be wasting our money?

Looking forward to your reply on the motion sickness!

Are you able to share what stateroom number you're in?

With thanks! :)

I need tech help.

I have photos to upload so I can post them here.

LL brought her netbook, but we can't get my pics on there.

HELP! What can I do to be able to post?

USB card reader plugged into her netbook?

They may sell those onboard.

What are you posting from now??

Perhaps email them to her netbook??

Plug your camera directly into her netbook??

What are the circumstances?

Carol, you're writing on LL's Netbook? Do you have a cable to attach your camera to the Netbook? If not I'm afraid you're stumped. Are your pics on a camera or a cell phone? If on a cell phone you could upload to something like Facebook and then link to the pics there.

The other option if to find someone with a Card Reader that has a USB on it to plug into Lorna's Netbook.

Lorna's new camera should have come with a PictBridge cable which would hook the camera directly to a computer or PictBridge printer. If it did and uses the same kind of memory card that Carol's camera uses, then Carol could put her memory card in Lorna's camera and download to the netbook from Lorna's card.

Most SD cameras can read each others memory cards except for the pictures taken on the higher end Panasonic Lumix line which adds all kinds of extra info to each picture file.

But if one of the cameras is a Fuji or Olympus which use the xD card then you are out of luck; the xD is not compatible with the SD card, different size.

Lorna's new camera should have come with a PictBridge cable which would hook the camera directly to a computer or PictBridge printer. If it did and uses the same kind of memory card that Carol's camera uses, then Carol could put her memory card in Lorna's camera and download to the netbook from Lorna's card.

Most SD cameras can read each others memory cards except for the pictures taken on the higher end Panasonic Lumix line which adds all kinds of extra info to each picture file.

But if one of the cameras is a Fuji or Olympus which use the xD card then you are out of luck; the xD is not compatible with the SD card, different size.

That should be Lorna's camera.:o

ideally having a built in cardreader on the netbook would be the best situation. This day and age alot of computers come with a built in cardreader. What are you using for a computer? the ships computer? if so, no wonder you can't upload your pictures....those computers are locked up tighter than Fort Knox :)

Archived