Average age group on princess

chrisxmoa

That usually depends on the length of the cruise and the time of year you sail. Shorter summer and holiday cruises (7-10 days in length) tend to bring out the younger 20-30 age group plus some older, where as the longer more exotic cruises, or those during off times of the year seem to bring out the older crowd. Most cruises are a mixed bag of ages, but the youngest age groups, as said, are normally on the shorter voyages during summer and holiday sailings. ;)

I can only speak of my 2 Princess cruises, Alaska Sept 2007, average age 55-65, Alaska July 2010, average age 40-45.

I think the younger cruisers tend to sail Carnival and RCLL because they are looking for a lively party atmosphere, especially at night. Princess doesn't have rock walls, zip lines, pool slides, live bands on the open deck 24/7 or hairy chest contest. I think the average age on HAL, is 90, just kidding, it is older for the most part.

I am in my mid 50's and I prefer Princess because I like the calmer and relaxing cruises.

In my immediate family the last 5 years, family members from the age of

6 months 2 days (my grandson) to 91 years of age (the great grandfather of my grandson) have sailed on different cruises/cruiselines. Baby and elder and the ones in between all had a good time. Family members have cruised at every decade of life up to 90. For each group or person the cruise is different and you do different things when you are different ages but all have fun. That is why you will see huge groups of family on cruises -- it accomodates all ages. It screws up the mathematics when you try to do "average age" because there is such a wide range and so it muddles out to 45. As some wit posted in her cruise history " this 20 years we bought a house and raised children" then went on to list 2 cruises a year for the last 3 years -- that explains why not so many 30's and 40's.

I agree if you want children and school teachers go during summer break. If you want a quiet ship with not much going on at night try Oct. or November. As the price per person goes up so does the age range. Thus longer more exotic cruises tend to be the 60-75 age group. Younger than 60 hard to get off work. Older than 75 hard to get on the ship.:D

The passenger base is younger on the Caribbean cruises and older on the Alaskan.

After talking to quite a few people this is generally true for most cruise lines including Carnival and RCCL. Passenger age will vary by where the cruise is going and length of cruise. It will also vary by time of year.

I think the Caribbean cruises on Princess has a very nice range of ages.

The week-long HAL cruises to the Caribbean at the right time of year can be pretty young and lively. We went on one during spring break 2009 thinking it would be like the 10-day cruise we took on the Maasdam. It wasn't.

The oldest average passenger mix for our cruises was Princess to New England and Canada during October. We were 40 and 46 at the time and were among a handful of passengers under 50. The great thing was that we never had trouble getting a table in the anytime dining room since we went after 8:00 plus never had trouble getting seats in the theater after dinner.

As most of the posters said it all depends on the time of the year, length of the cruise and itinerary. Our Summer cruises on Princess, Celebrity, HAL, RCCL and Carnival/NCL (not Summer but school vacations) had approximately same age-mix. On our RCCL cruise in Med in May there were 20 kids total. Our November cruise out of PR on Princess didn't have many kids and crowd was older.

What I like about Princess is adult only pools... You can always hide from the kids as opposed to most of the Carnival ships. :D

I don't know the specific, but it seems to be younger than HAL, but older than Carnival if that helps.

Carnival: "Do you remember where you were on 9/11?"

Princess: "Do you remember where you were when JFK was shot?"

HAL: "Do you remember what you had for lunch?"

The age of passengers depends on where you are cruising, the time of year and length of cruise. I have been cruising during the summer, since I work in a school. We have sailed the Ruby the last two summers in the Mediterranean. Since it originated in Europe, it was a very international passenger list. We met people from all over the world. There were many families traveling as well. People of all ages and sizes.

How true, I am somewhere between, JFK and what I had for lunch. I don't remember what cruise line I am on, can anyone help me.

On the Canada/NE itinerary from NY in August 2008, most people on the ship were 65+. We were in our late 40's at the time, and our teens found almost no one else to hang out with. (Note: this cruise was still during summer break in the northeast).

On the Caribbean itinerary from NY in July 2010, we found the demographics to be the same as on our past Royal Caribbean cruises, mostly families with lots of older kids, teens and young adults. I'd say the average adult was between 35 and 55.

Shouldn't make fun of old farts, we all get there eventually.:rolleyes:

Or, consider the alternative.:(:(

Originally Posted by caribill viewpost.gif

I guess I am classified as an old "fartess". I remember all 3, but at least I remember. :D

Archived