Eurodam - Lido Pool Cabanas

babygirl722

Here is what you get on both the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam for the Lido id Ship Pool Cabanas:

Lido mid ship pool cabanas. Eight private cabanas on Lido Deck, Mid ship.

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Worth it to just pay the $199.00 weekly rate.

I don't like the cabanas, but assume they'll stay $$$. I like being on a ship on the water,seeing the water and seeing the ports from the ship. Cabanas take away some of this viewing area. There are around 8 lido cabanas and 14 retreat cabanas which means the very small percentage of people using those are cutting off the lido view on much of one side and the view from outside the Crows nest. Those of two of my favorite viewing areas. If you book a suite or veranda, it doesn't affect others views at all. The cabanas do.

We viewed both the lido and retreat cabanas on the Eurodam and were not impressed. Like jtl, we don't want to stay in one spot on the ship for most of the day. Boring.

My observations on the cabanas were:

They aren't really private.

I assume you can easily hear those in adjacent cabanas.

The view is limited by the "walls" of the adjacent cabanas.

The retreat cabana area is nicer; but they very useable in poor weather, aren't close to food, are two decks from the pool and there isn't crew around except for whoever takes care of the retreat area (don't know if that person is there full time or not, but they weren't the couple of times we looked.)

On our Eurodam cruise the retreat cabanas were rarely used and in my opinion took up too much space on the deck. They blocked the view and made the passage along the deck narrow. There were very few other lounges available by the pool and a relatively crowded area with tables and chairs.

Those who wanted a lounge by a pool had to sit in the bright sun on the aft deck by the outdoor pool.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to put my two cents in. My family and I were on the Eurodam April '09 and loved the lido cabanas. We are a very large group and booked two of them side by side. It was very nice to have a central meeting place each day, and not have to worry if we would be able to get enough chairs by the pool. It was also great for some of our family who couldn't be in the sun too long. In addition, the service we received was outstanding. Anything we wanted, from lunch to afternoon ice cream as well as champagne and strawberries daily.

To each his own, we would book them again in a heartbeat. It seems the negative comments come more from people who resent the space taken up on the lido and not from those who have actually booked them.

I had to put my two cents in. My family and I were on the Eurodam April '09 and loved the lido cabanas. We are a very large group and booked two of them side by side. It was very nice to have a central meeting place each day, and not have to worry if we would be able to get enough chairs by the pool. It was also great for some of our family who couldn't be in the sun too long. In addition, the service we received was outstanding. Anything we wanted, from lunch to afternoon ice cream as well as champagne and strawberries daily.

To each his own, we would book them again in a heartbeat. It seems the negative comments come more from people who resent the space taken up on the lido and not from those who have actually booked them.

That was the impression we got from our neighbor, as well.... which is why we happily booked ourselves in a lido cabana.... seems as though anyone who has actually booked them has been very happy with them.

If a person wanted to rent a cabana for just one day would she just go to the front desk upon boarding to make the request or is there another rental point?

You are correct. That is what ship services told me. If availible you can book the cabana for a day once you get on board.

We've got one booked for our cruise in just a little over a month. I went back and forth over the Retreat or the Lido, but I love to People watch and I was afraid the retreat would be too quiet - so we went with the Lido.

I'll be sure to report back and let you know how it was, and post all the pictures.

Looking forward to it!

You are correct. That is what ship services told me. If availible you can book the cabana for a day once you get on board.

Tks---it might be nice for one day. We are not big pool fans but do like to spend a day or two by the pool each cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly why we booked them. We are 3 families traveling and so we booked 3 cabanas side-by-side. This allows a central place to meet, eat and lounge. I'm looking forward to it.

This is exactly why we booked them. We are 3 families traveling and so we booked 3 cabanas side-by-side. This allows a central place to meet, eat and lounge. I'm looking forward to it.

Did you read Mary's comments on the Lido cabanas?

Very comprehensive, and got me stoked about our upcoming experience with them!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26717450&postcount=26

Hey guys, Didn't realize we had two threads going - should have known:D:D Here's my review from last week that I posted on the other thread. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you have!!

Hello all,

I just got off of the fabulous Eurodam on Saturday, and as promised I am reporting back with a review of my Lido Cabana.

Let me just start off by saying they are absolutely the most fabulous thing we have ever done - hands down. I know I have read other CC reviews, oddly enough by those who have not rented a cabana, that said they would not sail on a ship with the Cabanas, let me tell you - after last week, my husband and I will not sail on a ship without Cabanas!!!

First off we had the first Lido Cabana, Dubrovnik. Which if you look at the diagram is actually where Ibiza is. I was so excited to arrive the first day I practically dragged my husband out of bed to be there exactly at 9am when they "opened". Later I found out that you can really come anytime you want, it’s not a big deal, and you can stay past 5 as well.

The first day was pretty funny, just have some patience. It’s amazing how many people don't know about these. We started getting some angry looks, and some lady told us she thought it was rude that we "young folks" ran down to the pool so early to reserve the best places with our towel before anyone else could get to them. I politely told her that we didn't do that, but we rented the cabana, she seemed a bit put off and walked away. We must have gotten asked 40 times that first day how we got the cabana and how much they were, did I know if there were anymore left - that type of thing. Honestly if HAL decided to line these up on the other side of the Lido deck trust me, they would not have any trouble selling them!!! The only real incident was when a “lady” stopped right outside of our cabana and was looking out of our window for a few minutes; this became awkward and worse when I realized she was… ahem “crop dusting”. After awhile, I finally said “really, that’s gross” She seems shocked that I would say anything, but I was appalled that she would stand there and do that two feet in front of me for five minutes. Oh well.

Bryan and Rain (they make a little joke that together they will be your Brain) took amazing care of us the entire week. We truly wanted for nothing. Each morning they brought us coffee and Orange Juice and chilled down two huge bottles of water. Also you get two of those Evian misters, not one as advertised. Here's a tip - the bottles of water are so huge and the mister's last for so long we saved one set back each day and stashed them in our room fridge. I can't tell you how awesome it is to have prechilled water and chilled misters on the beach in Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay!!!

About 10 am Rain will come by with fruit kabobs - usually these were melon and blueberries. At 11:30 Rain came back and asked us what we would like for lunch, one day I really wasn't interested in the cabana menu and asked for just some grilled salmon and a salad - it wasn't a problem, and he got it right away! Once, and this was my favorite, my husband was in line in the Lido to get a mid afternoon snack, okay a second lunch, Rain "caught" him and made him go sit back down so he could bring it to him. Seriously these guys are the best!!!

After lunch Bryan comes on and brings the Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, I think we probably got at least 3 glasses of champagne each per day. Once they open the bottle they have to use it - so they just keep coming around asking if they can please refill your glass. At approx 3 Bryan will come and take your ice cream order - you can have it anyway you like; in a cone, bowl, with sprinkles, on a cookie - he'll get it for you.

The service we got just was beyond anything I could put into words. On the last day Bryan and Rain came by together and put on a magic show for us - then they presented us with a handmade sculpture they had crafted, it’s a little chair made from wire with our names in it. On the back they made an eagle out of origami, I was so touched I almost cried!

The cabana was just wonderful. If you have any concerns about ventilation - forget it. It’s very breezy, I think maybe two hours the entire time it was ever "warm and still" and that was when we were sitting in port in St. Thomas. The roof on the pool is retractable, and unless it raining, it’s open. On that note - when we did go thru some rain, we were quite comfortable; I can't say the same for those in the retreat area

Being next to the pool is great - there is a 4' wide 3" deep "ledge" that runs around the pool. You can sit and read a book and just dip your toes in the pool to cool off if you don't want to get wet.

I saw the sheet for the "discounted spa services" they looked lame to me, and I already had a spa day booked so I didn't pay much attention to that.

There isn't an IPod thing, but you don't need that - there is usually nice soft music playing around the pool unless the HALcats area playing and then you may want to invest in some earplugs

I also didn’t think the walkway made things very crowded in front of the cabanas, obviously I had a front row seat the entire week and I did not witness one traffic jam.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I know when I was planning things I loved details. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Mary

Like i said in the other thread, I cannot thank you enough for your incredible review... I was pretty sure that booking the lido, instead of retreat, cabana was the right choice for us, and you cinched that decision!

But I have one question that is going to make me look stupid, I'm sure....

what is "crop dusting"? I tried to figure it out by context, but just can't....

He he - thats just a silly Kansas way of saying passing gass! Normally I wouldn't have said anything, but it was getting to the point of really smelly and really gross!

You know how they say that "what you can imagine is always worse than the reality"?

Thanks for clearing up the mystery.... I can't begin to tell you how bizarre my imagination got... :eek:

How can you book these? Ahead of time or just onboard?

you can book for the week ($199.00) ahead of time by calling ship services.

!-800-541-1576

Or if you want them for just a day or two, you have to wait to see what is still available and can only book by the day while you are on the ship.

Archived