Chocolate breakfast?

39august

I usually had breakfast at MDR. The chocolate breakfast was on day 7 only during my recent sailing on LOS.

Chocolate breakfast

Chocolate banana waffle

They serve chocolate milkshake too.

Is that waffles covered in bananas and chocolate? Please tell me how it was...that just gave me a whole different reason to looking forward to my next RCCL cruise!

We enjoyed the chocolate breakfast on Liberty. I'm sure it wasn't Sunday because that was disembarkation day. I'm thinking it was Friday or Saturday? I can't say for certain, but it was definitely the end of the week.

They had chocolate chip pancakes, chocolate bread, chocolate muffins, etc. I didn't see the waffles /banana offering -- I'm sure I would've gone for that! I know that the chocolate milkshake was a choice.

They also had regular items like eggs and bacon. My husband loves those old standards, and I remember noticing that most of the men at our large table chose those rather than the chocolate offerings.

This was a minor event, but it's one I'd be sure to attend in the future. It was nice -- a more memorable breakfast than most others!

Is the "chocolate breakfast" offered on the Jewel of the Seas?

Yes, we had it yesterday morning (last full day of the westbound transatlantic). I was a bit disappointed in the chocolate waffles - I had envisioned dark brown waffles with cocoa used in the batter, and it was "just" two regular waffles with a yummy banana-and-something filling between them, with chocolate syrup drizzled over the top. Very good, but not what I was expecting.

No warning whatsoever - we went down to the MDR for brekkie, looked at the menu on the way in, and said OOOOOHHH!!!! :D

Cindy,

How was your disembarking this a.m.?

R&D

Not fun. Customs and immigration went well - they were handled on the ship. But then it took forever to get the bags off the ship and no one could exit until they were all of and into the warehouse. They finally started the express departure group around 9am. And there were lots of people that should NOT have been allowed to self disembark (people with mobility problems trying to drag multiple suitcases down a steep gangplank is not a good idea). Our group was scheduled to get off around 9am. It was well after 10am before we were off the ship.

It was nothing more than chocolate milk..:rolleyes:

I am originally from the Northeast. Up there they have chocolate milkshakes, chocolate milk, and frappes.

Depending on where you are they could mean any of the three. Or none of the three.

To me, chocolate milk is milk with chocolate syrup in it, then stirred until fully mixed.

A milkshake is ice cream, with milk and syrup added, then mixed on a milkshake machine. A milkshake should be thick enough for the straw to stand up in.

Then a frappe is a coffee and ice mixture.

In the northern northeast, many call a chocolate milkshake what I would consider chocolate milk, and a frappe has the ice cream in it.

But on the RCI ships, Johnny Rockets has a thick, ice cream milkshake.:)

But that wasn't what they served at breakfast on the Monarch. That was called a chocolate milkshake, but I thought it was chocolate milk.:(

Do they post the menu for breakfast outside the dining room like they do for dinner?

We generally do breakfast in the Windjammer but I love chocolate chip pancakes! If I could check a menu before we turned in for the night instead of going to the dining room in the morning, I'd be a happy camper.

Its not really "advertised" but it was on the last full day of the cruise on both the Monarch (3 night) and Grandeur (5 night) back in Aug. They did post the menu's in front of the dining room in the morning, but no other advance notice then that. It was only served in the MDR not in the windjammer. It was our first diamond cruise on the grandeur and they gave us a whole chocolate pastry basket for just my wife and I to share in the diamond breakfast area, it was nice :)

here is a video showing a little bit about the chocolate breakfast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFUKKb5NZ4

Archived