Price drops after final payment

yellowsnow

I booked Allure's inaugural a long time ago. Now payment will be due soon and there has not been a single price drop in my category. I am wondering if anyone has any reason to believe there will be price drops after payment is due, because maybe it could be better for me to just cancel my reservation and re-book later.

I booked Allure's inaugural a long time ago. Now payment will be due soon and there has not been a single price drop in my category. I am wondering if anyone has any reason to believe there will be price drops after payment is due, because maybe it could be better for me to just cancel my reservation and re-book later.

You can get OBC if the price drops after final payment if you booked before May 17, 2010 which you must have done if you booked a long time ago. I would not cancel and re-book

this is would i'm afraid of also. right now, prices for the Allure in Feb to April 2011 are great! i'm surprised i'll be able to cruise on this big ship for that price (comparatively). with this new rule, I don't know whether to book now or wait, since my final payment will prolly be due in Jan. and i won't be eligible for price drops after that.

although rooms might book pretty quickly on the Allure from Feb to April 2011 and then i'll be in worse trouble!

I have now made final payment due to the fact that we are cruising the Allure over Christmas. All I've seen prices do is increase. I've decided I'm not looking at any prices anymore for our week. I won't get any OBC or price adjustment, so why torture myself.

I had already booked our airfare and discovered prices dropped considerably, so I called the airline. They directed me to go online and I was able to save 1/3 of our airfare. For four people, that is a chunk of change! So, I'm happy with that. :)

There have been some pretty decent price drops for the inaugural in some categories. I know because I got one. Well, two actually, one big and one small.:D

So if you have not seen any in your category, my guess is that category is selling/has sold well enough that RC sees no reason to drop the price. Go ahead and book. As others have said, if you booked before May 17 and the price of your category does drop, you can get the difference in onboard credit.

Unfortunately I just checked and I booked on May 18th, I had a reservation before but canceled it to get OBC from WOW sale. The holiday cruise on allure is probably a decent case study and I also have a feeling prices won't go down, and I have a cabin that I'd really like to keep so I will be making my final payment and concentrating on planning other things about the trip.

Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately I just checked and I booked on May 18th, I had a reservation before but canceled it to get OBC from WOW sale. The holiday cruise on allure is probably a decent case study and I also have a feeling prices won't go down, and I have a cabin that I'd really like to keep so I will be making my final payment and concentrating on planning other things about the trip.

Thanks for your input!

You think it was by coincidence that they ran the WOW sail a day after they change the rules..... their not stupid....you know how many people they got just like you who cancelled for that $100 and now lost the security of being grandfathered to the old rules.....I hate to say but it can come back and bite you big on Oasis/Allure. They have SSSSOOOOOOoooooooo many discounts running on that sailing and still haven't filled her....if I had to bet it would be that we see more drops after final.

Archived