Terrace Pool

efoote01

I booked rooms right by the terrace pool, & I wanted to be able to use that pool with my 7yr old...I am confused now

I called princess & they said it was not an adult's only pool & now conflicting reports here :confused:

are there normally 2 adult only pools on the princess?

Yes, there are two adult only pools on Princess and one of the is usually the terrace pool. I only say usually since the one responder said it was different on the Grand. All the Princess cruises I have been on the Terrace and the Lotus Spa Pools have been adults only.

I booked rooms right by the terrace pool, & I wanted to be able to use that pool with my 7yr old...I am confused now

I called princess & they said it was not an adult's only pool & now conflicting reports here :confused:

The Terrace pool is small and not really for swimming laps. It is also over my head and I am 5'4". It has been an adults only pool on all my cruises on the ships that have them. If they are changing the rules, I still would not recommend it for a seven year old.

That is so strange, and I would be quite vociferously unhappy if that happened on my cruise!

Oh, I SO wouldn't like that - and can't imagine it's a very successful switch. I can't picture being able to keep kids out of those hot tubs and that pool, with the hamburgers right there, the MUTS right there, the bands/music right there. The Terrace Pool area is not conducive to large crowds (which is EXACTLY why I like it!). If this is right, I'd be very surprised...

Oh, I SO wouldn't like that - and can't imagine it's a very successful switch. I can't picture being able to keep kids out of those hot tubs and that pool, with the hamburgers right there, the MUTS right there, the bands/music right there. The Terrace Pool area is not conducive to large crowds (which is EXACTLY why I like it!). If this is right, I'd be very surprised...

On Grand, the Neptunes Reef pool which was for families, was the pool with the hamburgers and MUTS. The other larger pool was the Calypso pool which had the retractable roof.

I love the Terrace Pool too but on Grand it is shadowed by Skywalkers (shopping trolley handle) so it isn`t as nice as on Ruby, Emerald and Crown.

We found ourselves beside the Spa pool most of the time. It was quieter.

The forward and aft pools are usually adult.

The 2 midship pools are open to anyone.

So I just called princess 2xs...they said this pool allows children...I guess we'll see when we get there. I'm going during Springbreak, so I am sure the whole ship will be overrun w/kids anyway.

It was adults only when we were on her in January of this year and I'm quite expecting it to be adults only when we sail again in March (most especially since it's spring break -- adults need a place to get away!)

Princess's telephone customer service is notoriously inaccurate. As others have stated, the Terrace pool does not have a "shallow end" and I have to bob on my toes or tread water to keep my head above the water level, therefore it is not conducive to children. I would be shocked and very unhappy if they made this particular pool a family pool area!

I have a friend who is on the Emerald NOW. I had told him that the Terrace Pool was adults only, so I'm sure he'll know what the real story is when he returns. I'll make sure I follow up with everyone, but that likely won't happen until after the 29th, since he was given STRICT instructions NOT to go anywhere near his email :D !

I have a friend who is on the Emerald NOW. I had told him that the Terrace Pool was adults only, so I'm sure he'll know what the real story is when he returns. I'll make sure I follow up with everyone, but that likely won't happen until after the 29th, since he was given STRICT instructions NOT to go anywhere near his email :D !

Jenny, on the way outside chance you hear from him during his cruise, please ask him to see if "our" hot tub on Deck 18 aft is earmarked for teens only, or if us "oldies" can also enjoy it. It was no issue on the Ruby, but on the Crown it was marked as a teen zone.

I hope he enjoyed the photos!!

Jenny, on the way outside chance you hear from him during his cruise, please ask him to see if "our" hot tub on Deck 18 aft is earmarked for teens only, or if us "oldies" can also enjoy it. It was no issue on the Ruby, but on the Crown it was marked as a teen zone.

I hope he enjoyed the photos!!

From my recollection, there was a "teen pool" Deck 18 aft, but the hot tubs on Deck 18 aft were not marked. When we were on the Ruby in January we enjoyed that hot tub and there were very few (if any) children in the area.

From my recollection, there was a "teen pool" Deck 18 aft, but the hot tubs on Deck 18 aft were not marked. When we were on the Ruby in January we enjoyed that hot tub and there were very few (if any) children in the area.

That's what I remember, too, from our Emerald cruises in January 2009. But there were virtually no teens on board at that time, and none in that area, so several of us in the hot tub would occasionally take a dip in that round pool to cool off. I hope things haven't changed.

Archived