Checking onboard charges from your stateroom

doubletree07

Sure wish Princess, HA and some other lines would offer this feature. On Princess you can stop by the guest relations desk at any time and ask for a current statement and they will print it out in a few seconds.

Hank

Maybe Princess will step into the new millenium and put this on their two new builds!

I don't think it would take much for them to do. Heck, I took a Carnival cruise in April and they had the technology on their ships. It should just be a programming issue. If you can order a movie from the tv you should be able to have the capability to look up your account thru the tv. Rccl has had this for many years!!

I don't think it would take much for them to do. Heck, I took a Carnival cruise in April and they had the technology on their ships. It should just be a programming issue. If you can order a movie from the tv you should be able to have the capability to look up your account thru the tv. Rccl has had this for many years!!

My thoughts exactly! Most of the cruise lines have had this feature for eons. Why can't Princess offer this? :confused: Sure would beat standing in line. :(

If you can order a movie from the tv you should be able to have the capability to look up your account thru the tv. Rccl has had this for many years!!

Princess does not charge for the movies on the in-cabin TV.

Maybe they might if they get that interactive capability others are requesting.

I would not want to pay for movies in my cabin. It is no big deal to get a printout and very often there are no lines.

As they say, "Be careful what you wish for."

On our recent Crown Princess cruise, there were a lot of great movies daily to choose from, either classics, relatively recent, or Oscar-nominated movies. There were also occasional movies in the theater and, of couirse, MUTS. All free.

Why don't RCCL and Celebrity have self-service laundries? After all, the technology has been around for years.

Personally, I don't find it a big deal to get a printout that I can read and make notes on if I have any questions.

I concur that it is not a big deal.

I think that RCCL and Celebrity do not have self-service laundry services to increase laundry revenue, to be greener, and to have more room for guest paying cabins. And of course because they never have had them.

Surely you are not suggesting that Princess has not implemented the technology for some revenue or business reason? Perhaps it is because they never have had it and have focused on other things. It really is suprising that they haven't implemented the technology.

Princess has kiosk now at the end of the pursers desk, all it takes is a swipe of your card and it is printed....no waiting, no hassel.....luv it

Not all of the ships have the kiosk yet, it evidently is still in the experimental stage...but lets hope it works.

Surely you are not suggesting that Princess has not implemented the technology for some revenue or business reason? Perhaps it is because they never have had it and have focused on other things. It really is suprising that they haven't implemented the technology.
Of course not. From what I can tell, there isn't the demand for it. If there were high demand (comments on CC aside), then it would probably become a priority, but other than on CC, I've never heard a passenger on a Princess ship ask at the Purser's Desk or comment anywhere else about the lack of TV interconnectivity.

FYI, on the HAL ships I've been on, their self-service laundry rooms are pretty green; you are allowed to use only the provided biodegradeable detergent. Plus, on both Princess and HAL, the water is recycled water.

Why don't RCCL and Celebrity have self-service laundries? After all, the technology has been around for years.

Personally, I don't find it a big deal to get a printout that I can read and make notes on if I have any questions.

Because they don't want to give you the option of you being able to do your own laundry. They want you to pay for the laundry service that is available, for a fee of course!!

there are movies you can view for free as well as other movies you can view for a fee similar to renting a fairly new movie.

Because they don't want to give you the option of you being able to do your own laundry. They want you to pay for the laundry service that is available, for a fee of course!!
I have no doubt about that! I'll be on "X" next June so I'll experience the interactive TV for the first time. When I've been in hotels, sometimes the system is good, sometimes it's awful and difficult to use.

Even though the technology is out there, I would guess there are a number of different systems and perhaps Princess is analyzing them in order to implement the best one for their customers. If they're going to do it, better have it right/good when it's done.

I don't think anyone really said it was a big deal...just simply saying that it sure is convenient to access your account in your own cabin.

As for lines at the purser's desk, you can run into lines there and this has been said here plenty of times. When the introduction of the kiosk became available on the Sapphire (I believe) many posted "great news no more dealing with lines at the purser's desk" to the poster who reported that piece of information. So I am pretty sure that if the kiosk will be Princess' system for the fleet, many will be very happy.

Archived