Where do you hang wet stuff?

DW and I usually hang suits et al on the hooks which are on the back of the bathroom door and/or on towel hangers in the bathroom.

Putting stuff on the balcony can be an experiment is seeing your stuff "Gone with the Wind" unless you are sitting out there keeping it weighed down with something, especially when the ship is moving.

But that's just me.

I have suction cup hooks. I place them on the sliding glass door ( or use a window) and hang up there with space between them. All our items are usually dry by the next day. Make sure you get big sturdy ones that will hold your wet items, not the small dinky ones:rolleyes:

We're going to have multiple beach days in a row, from experience at A/I's I know how much wet stuff we have draped around the room on chairs, etc. Just wondering how all of you handle this? How quickly do swimsuits dry in the cabins, is it humid like an ocean-front A/I room?

Hi: Inside the shower, there is a "line" that you pull out and attach to the other end. After you rinse the suits, throw them across to dry! It usually takes more than 1 day, so I always bring extra! Sometimes have to take them off for a while while we shower...

If you have enough swimsuits, no problem at all! On a 12 nighter, I take 3 or 4 and DH takes about 3. His usually dries quicker than mine! A couple of different cover ups...Sometimes, there is no need to wash the coverup, just let it air on the back of a chair on the balcony (if you have one) or just on a hook in the room or hanger outside the closet.

Safe sails!

Here is my suggestion. Take a towel and roll your stuff up in it and then stand on it, turn it over and stand on it again. Then hang it up on one of the closet hangers with clips on it and put it on the shower line or some place else to dry. There were no self service washers & dryers. Extra hooks sound like a good idea.

Don't do what I did last week on the Explorer. I hung my swim suit on the rack above the toilet..... yes it fell in :( :( :(

We're going to have multiple beach days in a row, from experience at A/I's I know how much wet stuff we have draped around the room on chairs, etc. Just wondering how all of you handle this? How quickly do swimsuits dry in the cabins, is it humid like an ocean-front A/I room?

Balcony chairs and tables if you have a balcony otherwise I hang in the bothroom. UNless you want to hang in your room like on an office chair or something.

We do have a balcony - at an A/I we've had to run down & retrieve things that blew off the chairs there, and there's no "running down" when your on a ship so I figured that wasn't an option!

I have 6 suits, hubby has probably 5, 9yo son has 4.... and a clean cover-up for each day. I wash the suits out after I wear them, just wanted to be able to dry them before we put them in the "dirty clothes" bag. I do "towel" them dry as much as possible w/out wringing them - the shower line doesn't seem to work for us as my hubby takes 2-3 showers a day and isn't good about moving stuff on & off.... :rolleyes:

The suction cup idea is good, I'll look for some of those. Also clipping them to a hanger.

We usually have stuff draped all over in our resort room, but in our little E1 cabin that just isn't going to work! Thanks for all your tips!

Usually, our suits dry on us, before we get back to the cabin. Anything that isn't semi-dry, gets hung on a hanger that I hang on the airvent in the cabin...much faster drying than in the bathroom where there's little ventilation.

But don't you wash them out after wearing them? That makes them wet again. I wash, roll in a towel and then hang in the shower.

I always bring a few plastic clothes pins to secure my wet clothes to the balcony furniture. (knocking on wood) I haven't had anything blow away yet. I even bring my plastic clothes pins with me when I stay at resorts. They are light and small enough not to take up much luggage space. I normally bring 6-8 of them. If you can't find plastic clothes pins (wooden ones break too easy), large or medium binder clips (available from any office supply store or Walmart) will also work.

xprd374016_m.jpg

It occurred to me that some people might not know what a clothes pin is since dryers are so prevalent now. I found a picture of the type that I use. They have soft-rubber inside the gripper part to protect the clothes. I think I bought mine from Dollar General but I've seen them other places as well.

This has always been a bit of an issue for us. We always book inside cabins, so the only place to put wet suits is in the bathroom.. which seems to remain at 150% humidity. :p

I finally wised up and paid a bit extra for a bathing suit that was advertised as being quick-drying, and it's usually dry before I even reach the cabin.

We also use clothespins and clip things to the chairs on the balcony...use at least 2 or 3 per item to be sure the wind doesn't get them.

I've also clipped my son's bathing suit to the hangers in the closet (the ones you'd use for a skirt) and hang it in front of the airvent that is behind the room door. The cool moving air dries it faster than if you put it in the closed up bathroom. And I bring at least 1 more suit to be sure I have enough if something doesn't dry or it's raining and I can't put a suit out on the balcony.

Usually, our suits dry on us, before we get back to the cabin. Anything that isn't semi-dry, gets hung on a hanger that I hang on the airvent in the cabin...much faster drying than in the bathroom where there's little ventilation.

If I have been in a swimsuit for even a short time, I want to rinse it out, even if it has dried. I rinse out salt, chlorine and whatever.

I agree that the blotting in a towel is a great help. It might not dry in the bathroom overnight, so taking two swimsuits is recommended

M

DW and I usually hang suits et al on the hooks which are on the back of the bathroom door and/or on towel hangers in the bathroom.

Putting stuff on the balcony can be an experiment is seeing your stuff "Gone with the Wind" unless you are sitting out there keeping it weighed down with something, especially when the ship is moving.

But that's just me.

Yes, I do weigh stuff down or tie things to the chairs. Otherwise you may never see them again.

Archived