Where do you hang wet stuff?

I hang wet stuff on the balcony chairs. If you do not have a balcony there is a line in the shower you can use.

I noticed that these lines have been removed from the cabin shower/bathtub enclosures on the Monarch. Maybe on other ships as well.

Inside the room is usually best. While outside is easy, it is ofter so humid in the Caribbean that things dry out very slowly. If no balcony, you have little choice but to use the room. While the line in the shower is handy, once again, it will be a bit damp in there due to the use of the shower.

I noticed that these lines have been removed from the cabin shower/bathtub enclosures on the Monarch. Maybe on other ships as well.

Really?!?!?! Isn't that interesting! Is there any chance that it was just in your cabin, or have you experienced this multiple times?

They don't have them on the Oasis - they put extra hooks in the shower and the bathroom instead.

Really?!?!?! Isn't that interesting! Is there any chance that it was just in your cabin, or have you experienced this multiple times?

It has been more than once on Monarch and maybe Jewel as well. You can see where the retractable device was and the holes have been filled in.

I read somewhere on another thread that someone had the (seemingly) brilliant idea to pack a couple of bungee cords, and "fish" them thru their suits, then attach them out on their balcony. This keeps the suits from blowing away - it seems like a great idea, and we'll be trying it out on the Freedom in a little more than three weeks:)

We just got back from Jewel, our cabin still had the line in the shower. But it was always full of Wrona's stuff :p

HEY!!! I resemble that remark :D except I seem to remember coming back to the cabin one day to find someone else's clothes on every hanging space in the bathroom.;)

They don't have them on the Oasis - they put extra hooks in the shower and the bathroom instead.

Carol, as soon as I started to read this thread I thought of your LIVE..from the Oasis thread and the picture of someone's balcony ON BROADWAY with undies drying in full view. Too funny!

Wrona, hope you and Cindy had a blast on your Jewel cruise. You DID take enough shoes, right?? :rolleyes:

I hope they have the cord inside the shower on the Voyager! I always rinse out our suits after wearing. I only take 2 on a one week cruise and that seems to be enough.

Wrona, hope you and Cindy had a blast on your Jewel cruise. You DID take enough shoes, right?? :rolleyes:
Well, I only brought 5 pair and Cindy forgot one of hers so she only had 4 pair.:eek:

I hope they have the cord inside the shower on the Voyager! I always rinse out our suits after wearing. I only take 2 on a one week cruise and that seems to be enough.
Both times I sailed Voyager there were cords in the shower.

I take 2 swimsuits an wear them on alternating days. I rinse them in the shower & hang them on the line in the shower to dry.

Me, too. We also take Columbia shorts and t-shirts (the ones that dry really fast). We do the same with them....rinse and hang in the shower or on hangers in the cabin. We even take our own travel towels.....they are absorbent, lightweight, and fast-drying. That way we don't have heavy, wet towels to carry around with us.

[quote name='PhoenixCruiser']Hanging clothes on the balcony (porch) reminds me of a trailer park :eek:

###[/QUOTE]

Like this: (this is for you, too, Bonnie!!!)

[B][SIZE="4"]Everyone in the Concierge Lounge can SEE YOUR BOARDWALK BALCONY, Hun![/SIZE][/B]

[URL=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2361959160077959744NYMgXl][IMG]http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/46394/2361959160077959744S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Like this: (this is for you, too, Bonnie!!!)

[B][SIZE=4]Everyone in the Concierge Lounge can SEE YOUR BOARDWALK BALCONY, Hun![/SIZE][/B]

[URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2361959160077959744NYMgXl"][/URL][/quote]

Carol!!! What do you do to attract all these interesting people? Is it a case of like attracting like?;):p:D

I ring out the excess and towel roll items and then hang up over the light fixtures (lights turned on). Dries light clothing in no time but must not be dripping wet; very important to roll out all excess water. Tip: I avoided leaving clothes out when I knew the room steward was coming to make up the room...Probably a no-no if not for sure. But it works.

We have done 19 cruises..and always an inside cabin.

We bring, some twine...hangers and clothes pegs for most.

If a long cruise, bring a round hanger, with many pegs on

it....to hang stuff also.....

Crappy thing with rccl..( no laundry)....while with princess

poof...off to the dryers..and just do it there..!!!!!

B.j.

:)

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Like this: (this is for you, too, Bonnie!!!)

[B][SIZE=4]Everyone in the Concierge Lounge can SEE YOUR BOARDWALK BALCONY, Hun![/SIZE][/B]

[URL="http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2361959160077959744NYMgXl"][IMG]http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/46394/2361959160077959744S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

[B][COLOR=darkorchid]Yup, that's the one![/COLOR][/B] :D:D

[quote name='wrp96']Carol!!! What do you do to attract all these interesting people? Is it a case of like attracting like?;)
[COLOR=darkorchid][B]Wrona, it does seem that way doesn't it?[/B][/COLOR] ;)

Be careful about leaving anything on an outside balcony while in port. We were docked next to Norwegian's Epic in July. While in port they were spraying down the balconies. I noticed several that had towels on them. The guy spraying never altered his spraying. So, those towels didn't dry very well at all.

I take 3 swimsuits with me even on a week long cruise and reserve one strictly for use in the pool as the chlorine kills the spandex. I dry them on the balcony chair after use or when returning from a shore excursion, (while the ship is still docked, of course) and they dry in no time at all. :)[quote name='cruisegirl1']If I have been in a swimsuit for even a short time, I want to rinse it out, even if it has dried. I rinse out salt, chlorine and whatever.

I agree that the blotting in a towel is a great help. It might not dry in the bathroom overnight, so taking two swimsuits is recommended

M[/quote]

I'm just a total over-packer, I guess. I like having fresh, clean clothes. Wearing something twice seldom happens, although I've been known to re-wear a jean skirt or pair of shorts. When we've done our longer vacations (10-12 days) I've had to re-wear swimsuits & cover-ups - it seems like the suit never fits the same after I hand-wash it.... probably just my imagination? :rolleyes:

This over-packing thing is most likely why we travel with two suitcases each for the three of us, which means 6 bags! :eek: Usually that's 3-29" and 3-26", but this time we're making the 26" be 21" carry-ons instead, because we actually have to PAY to check our luggage. We generally vacation in Mexico, which is considered an international destination, and we each get two free bags on the airlines we usually use.....

Not sure how I'm going to fit all my shoes in for this one! Thanks everyone for all the tips on drying clothes - and I promise not to hang my "delicates" out on the balcony! :eek::D

Archived