Missing Bonaire!!!

J&Rcruiser

Bonnaire is usually on the Noordam itineraries but not the Zuiderdam itineraries. I'm doing Zuiderdam Nov 2010 (including Aruba & Curacao) and will book Noordam for Nov 2011 (Aruba, Bonnair and Curacao).

Sue/WDW1972

Zuiderdam 11/23/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

We're on the Noordam in February and going to Bonaire and we're really looking forward to it. The first time we pulled into Bonaire was in the 70's on the Vistafjord. I'm sure it's changed a great deal over the years. Back then we rented a car and "did" the island in a short day. On one end was a hotel that had been started and all the machinery just sat and rusted. There was a huge pile of conch shells that were thrown after the meat was removed. Yes, we brought one home. At that time the only people we knew who went there were divers. I'm excited.

I have done the "Sunfarer Cruise" on three different HAL Ships: 1. Rotterdam; 2.Volendam;

3. Zuiderdam. All have stoped at Aruba and Curacao but none have stopped at Bonaire.

I did stop there on a Wayfarer Cruise on the Statendam along time ago. I didn't care for the place.

We've been to Bonaire three times including last May. Noordam and Maasdam both were in Bonaire the same day. Just walking along the sea wall, you can see the most beautiful fish. Don't have to snorkel here to see bright blue, yellow, all colors of gorgeous fish in the sparkling clean water.

interesting. i've lost track of the number of times i've been to aruba and curacao, but i've never seen an itinerary that goes to bonaire. maybe they don't like cruisers.

Noordam stops there! Or plans on stopping anyway

:-)

What happened to the port call at Bonaire on the Oct 24 Zuiderdame sailing? Does anyone know?:confused:

Currently the HAL site (for Zuiderdam) shows every Sunfarer up until THE MARCH 3 2011 departure with no Bonaire. The 3-3-11 departure goes to Bonaire and not Curacao.

Our first time to Bonaire was back in 2000 -- have been there several times since then.

I do see where there are a few schedules where Bonaire is substituted for Curacao. I noticed one itinerary where the Zuiderdam does an 11 day cruise in march 2012 and visits all three ports. There could be others -- didn't check out everything.

and that hotel was still unfinished. It was call Sorobon. When we stopped there 2 years ago it was finally finished. There still isn't much to do on Bonaire other than look at construction sites. It has lost it's charm of being a quiet island with great diving. My friends house there across from the new pier was torn down and they are putting condos on the land and the island lost another typical Dutch house. I have no desire to go back.

What happened to the port call at Bonaire on the Oct 24 Zuiderdame sailing? Does anyone know?:confused:

Apparently, just because they are all caller "Sunfarer" doesn't mean they are all the same itin. We're on it in November and no Bonaire. I'll have to go find that 2012 departure and see if we can manage to make it.

The Noordam and Maasdam have itineraries that go to Bonaire. Princess also has a cruise that stops in Bonaire.

We went on the Massdam last May and fell in love with Bonaire. We are going on the Noordam in Nov. just so we can return to Bonaire.

We would love to do a land vacation there and spend a week or so.

It's a great stop if you like to snorkel or dive.

Archived