Cruise director list enjoy

ncb106

RCCL Cruise Directors - any more updates?

Allure = Ken Rush

Adventure = Anthony Richards

Brilliance = Matt Sole

Enchantment = John and Katrina Blair

Explorer =

Freedom = Graham Seymour

Grandeur = Rico Du-Breil

Independence= Joff Eaton

Jewel= Simeon Baker

Legend = ?

Liberty=

Majesty = Dave Chapman

Mariner = Kieron Buffery

Monarch= Mark Walker

Navigator= Mike Hunnerup

Oasis = Richard Spacey

Radiance = Dan Whitney til early April

………….......Kirk Detweiler will finish off Alaska

……....……...Bobby and Becky will take over CD for the crossing and Australia

Rhapsody = Carly Boileau

Serenade= Ricky Matthews

Splendour =

Vision =

Voyager = Mike Szwajkowski

On vacation etc:

Clo

Anna Bass

Allan Brooks

Dennis Charles

Drew Devine

Mercedes La Fuentes

Chris Northey

Casey Pelter

Jimmy Rhodes off the Explorer started his vacation on January 28th

Paul Rutter off Navigator for vacation

Gordon Whatman as his homepage reads 3/28 - 4/8, 12 day cruise around India???

Keith Williams

RCCL Cruise Directors - any more updates?

Allure = Ken Rush

Adventure = Anthony Richards

Brilliance = Matt Sole

Enchantment = John and Katrina Blair

Explorer =

Freedom = Graham Seymour

Grandeur = Rico Du-Breil

Independence= Joff Eaton

Jewel= Simeon Baker

Legend = ?

Liberty=

Majesty = Dave Chapman

Mariner = Kieron Buffery

Monarch= Mark Walker

Navigator= Mike Hunnerup

Oasis = Richard Spacey

Radiance = Dan Whitney til early April

………….......Kirk Detweiler will finish off Alaska

……....……...Bobby and Becky will take over CD for the crossing and Australia

Rhapsody = Carly Boileau

Serenade= Ricky Matthews

Splendour =

Vision =

Voyager = Mike Szwajkowski

On vacation etc:

Clo

Anna Bass

Allan Brooks

Dennis Charles

Drew Devine

Mercedes La Fuentes

Chris Northey

Casey Pelter

Jimmy Rhodes off the Explorer started his vacation on January 28th

Paul Rutter off Navigator for vacation

Gordon Whatman as his homepage reads 3/28 - 4/8, 12 day cruise around India???

Keith Williams

How much vacation time do CD's average? Do they work typical 6 month contracts like most of the employees they get 6 weeks off in a row?

How much vacation time do CD's average? Do they work typical 6 month contracts like most of the employees they get 6 weeks off in a row?

I'd like to know the same thing, as I'm trying to project who will be on my cruise in August.

I thought I read that they have 4 months on and 2 months off. Can anyone confirm or correct?

Anyone know who CD is on the Explorer? We leave on Thursday the 31st.

Not sure of the exact details or if it is the same for all but I know that Keith Williams began his last tour on Jewel of the Seas sometime after the ship completed its westbound TA in September and was onboard until mid-February when he went on what I believe was a two month vacation, so it sounds like a 6 month contract might be customary. Frequently they seem to move from ship to ship on shorter intervals so to some degree it might depend on where the company wishes to place them. :)

Not sure of the exact details or if it is the same for all but I know that Keith Williams began his last tour on Jewel of the Seas sometime after the ship completed its westbound TA in September and was onboard until mid-February when he went on what I believe was a two month vacation, so it sounds like a 6 month contract might be customary. Frequently they seem to move from ship to ship on shorter intervals so to some degree it might depend on where the company wishes to place them. :)

Bill,

If Keith is "only" on vacation for 2 months, he's going elsewhere when he returns. Simeon will be doing the crossing 5/06-5/18 which ends about 3 months after Keith left JW. I never bothered to ask Simeon is he was leaving after the crossing because I am!

Carly is great fun, she has been around a few years and always does a good job. You will enjoy her energy.:)

Carly Boileau appears to be our CD for August 2011 to Alaska, what is she like? This is our first cruise so I am only going by what is posted here, don't know what is good vs what is a great CD.

Any thoughts on who will be on Allure on July 3rd? Sounds like Ken Rush. I wonder why so many people have an aversion to Ken. I've never been on a cruise with him but I'm sure he's great.

Ken has a very strong personality that I imagine can rub some folks the wrong way. He is not among my favorite CDs but I have come to appreciate him after cruising with him a number of times. I do find his overreaction to the fact that some people leave the theater as soon as the show ends and while he is talking about upcoming evening activities to be annoying.

Ken has a very strong personality that I imagine can rub some folks the wrong way. He is not among my favorite CDs but I have come to appreciate him after cruising with him a number of times. I do find his overreaction to the fact that some people leave the theater as soon as the show ends and while he is talking about upcoming evening activities to be annoying.

Thanks.

I guess I'd need to see the "overreaction" for myself. I have a feeling that it wont bother me. I'm kind of a stickler for etiquette like that.

Thanks.

I guess I'd need to see the "overreaction" for myself. I have a feeling that it wont bother me. I'm kind of a stickler for etiquette like that.

It only bothers me because it happens at every show and he spends more time and energy trying to shame them into staying in the theater instead of just accepting the fact that they apparently have somewhere that they need to go, and getting on with his announcements, Instead those well mannered enough to remain are subjected to his lengthy harangue directed at those leaving early. I agree that manners would dictate that everyone should stay seated until his spiel is done, but he seems determined to react and take it personally despite the fact that he sees it happen time and time again. Treating the audience like a bunch of children who need to be disciplined isn't an endearing quality.:rolleyes:

But my response was meant to try to explain the poster's question about the adverse reaction that some posters have to Ken.

Carly Boileau appears to be our CD for August 2011 to Alaska, what is she like? This is our first cruise so I am only going by what is posted here, don't know what is good vs what is a great CD.

I really liked Carly when she was CD on our Alaska cruise - she is certainly visible around the ship most of the time, seemed to be a very likeable person and was always happy to stop for a chat whenever we saw her.

Ricky Matthews was on Serenade during our 3/19 sailing.

So will Ricky Matthews be on the Serenade this June?

Or will Mark Walker be back then??

We are scheduled for a B2B the first two weeks of June and would like to know all about whoever the CD will be.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Hi,

Does anybody know who the cruise director and captain will be for the 2011 Baltic Capitals & Russia cruises from/to Harwich, UK? I guess it will be the same combination who will be doing the TA to Harwich arriving here 18th May?

If anybody is on that cruise or on any of the Baltic cruises from Harwich, contact me if you need any info as we live in Harwich - also I am the manager of the local information desk in the cruise terminal - so come and say hi to me.

Paul

With talk about the contracs and stuff for Cruise Directors. Here is my take as I work in the Hospitality/Transportation business as a Bus Driver here in Central Florida.

Cruise lines will have a core Cruise Director dedicated to a ship aka Drew Devine on the Monarch. When the core CD goes on vacation they would bring in a CD that jumps ship to ship to relieve to core aka Marc Walker as he was on Seranade then the Monarch.

Of course that is my take on that subject.

We've had Carly on both Rhapsody and Enchantment. She has a very dry wit but she is very funny! She does get out and mingle with passengers and we found her to be very enjoyable. Hope you'll like her too.

• 2 weeks later...
Kirk Detwiler hails from my hometown and is a very talented guy...We have enjoyed him in several musical performances and once as a CD. Thumbs up!

Was he part of the entertainment staff and sang with his wife on the Voyager back in 2004?

We have had Ken Rush several times and he is far from our favorite cruise director; he is like chalk across a blackboard. An example is this topic of him openly taking issue with people leaving the theater during his self involved closing/schedule comments; we find that very unprofessional on his part. Ken Rush needs to grow up and learn it is not about him; it is about the gusts. The passengers have paid a lot of money to cruse and if they want to leave the theater it is their right to do so as long as they are leaving quietly.

Gee, even when the Captain speaks during his daily update all passengers do not stop in their tracks and listen to his every word.

Archived