Cruise director list enjoy

ncb106

Has anyone had Keith Williams as a cruise director - never met him:)

We had Keith on our cruise between Dec 24 to Jan 3. He was OK as cruise director and very professional. Nothing exceptional but nothing to complain about. He was best on the 70s theme night. He was very good at the Q&A bits, did tell a few good jokes. I was surprised to see that he had previously been on the stage himself (probably why he is a cruise director now :D). To be honest, I found the Hotel Director on the Jewel funnier than Keith especially at the Cake Decorating Demonstration (Believe me, this is not a demonstration at all but a great comedy act better than some comedians I have seen on the Ships stage - it is so mis-advertsed and well worth watching). The Hotel Director was constantly joking with pax as he went about his duties and has that the type of face you want to laugh along with.

We were on the Brilliance 10/30/10 - 11/11/10 and our cruise director was Cuddy.

Got off the Majesty of the Seas on Monday, and it was the last cruise on that ship for their current cruise director, Ricky Matthews. He is going to be taking over on the Serenade in March.

I thought Ricky was a lot of fun on the Majesty, now curious who is on there now.

Okay folks only one more question - or at least til we book another cruise

Has anyone had Dan Whitney as a Cruise Director - just got the email from Royal and he will be on the Radiance on the 31st of this month

Thanks in advance:)

I like Dan. "Dan the party man" As much as I like Kirk, I like Dan just as much in a different way. He's a nice person and very approachable. He's been on board since RD arrived in Tampa. I think they had a one week overlap that first week.

Gina

We had Keith on our cruise between Dec 24 to Jan 3. He was OK as cruise director and very professional. Nothing exceptional but nothing to complain about. He was best on the 70s theme night. He was very good at the Q&A bits, did tell a few good jokes. I was surprised to see that he had previously been on the stage himself (probably why he is a cruise director now :D). To be honest, I found the Hotel Director on the Jewel funnier than Keith especially at the Cake Decorating Demonstration (Believe me, this is not a demonstration at all but a great comedy act better than some comedians I have seen on the Ships stage - it is so mis-advertsed and well worth watching). The Hotel Director was constantly joking with pax as he went about his duties and has that the type of face you want to laugh along with.

That most likely was Robert Taggart who is the phenomenal Hotel Director on Jewel of the Seas We will be sailing on the Jewel for the Super Bowl and I was hoping that my Patriots and his Saints would be playing, but the Saints blew that possibility last week. Hopefully Robert will still be onboard the Jewel in February. I think Robert's personality translates into the very happy staff that we have come to expect on Jewel.

I like Dan. "Dan the party man" As much as I like Kirk, I like Dan just as much in a different way. He's a nice person and very approachable. He's been on board since RD arrived in Tampa. I think they had a one week overlap that first week.

Gina

Dan is very nice and approachable, great point Gina. We have had him on several ships and while he is not our favorite, he ain't the worst we have had either, but definitely one of the more approachable ones.

There was an overlap with he & Kirk on the first sailing out of Tampa in October. Kirk did not sail the entire week, I can't remember which port it was that he moved to Radiance. He was in the background tho planning for the short cruises & not out and about.

Okay folks only one more question - or at least til we book another cruise

Has anyone had Dan Whitney as a Cruise Director - just got the email from Royal and he will be on the Radiance on the 31st of this month

Thanks in advance:)

If that is Dan, Dan the party man......he is the BEST. I really liked him a lot. We had him on the Radiance in Aug 09 (alaska), but he was subbing for someone. Never had a cruise director that walked around and talked to people. We were sitting in the Schooner Bar and he just came over and started talking to us. A lot of fun!! Hope you enjoy him, I'm jealous.

just read a review of someone who just got off Rhapsody and they said Mike Hunnerup is the Cruise Director. Is he good?

We had Mike Hunnerup on the Explorer last April. We liked him. He is very personable and spends a lot of time walking around the ship talking to the guests. At the M&M he spoke to each person individually and remembered where you were from and other things you told him. He's one of our favorites.

I just found out that Chris Northey will be the CD on the Explorer on December 10, 2010 NOT Jimmy Rhodes. Has anyone out there had Chris before? What is he like?

We had Chris in November on the Explorer. He can be very funny. However, he has a radio announcer voice that he turns on and off. I found it very annoying after the first few days. Also, I never saw him talking to cruisers. He was good at the planned activities like Quest etc. I'd rate him as just okay.

If that is Dan' date=' Dan the party man......he is the BEST. I really liked him a lot. We had him on the Radiance in Aug 09 (alaska), but he was subbing for someone. Never had a cruise director that walked around and talked to people. We were sitting in the Schooner Bar and he just came over and started talking to us. A lot of fun!! Hope you enjoy him, I'm jealous.[/quote']

Yes, that's the one. He's always out there and very visible. And as you say, he's not just approachable, but he does the approaching, too. :)

Super nice guy.

Gina

Since people are talking about cruise directors here is my take.

On my sailing on the Monarch of the Seas in December, Drew Devine was the CD. Drew was great and even remembered me from a year ago. I also enjoyed Marc Walker when he was CD on the Monarch in September. Marc is now with Serenade of the Seas till March when he comes back to the Monarch.

Just back from Navigator, and Mitch Merucci was the CD. However, he mentioned in one of his morning shows that he was leaving today. I asked one of the assistants at afternoon trivia yesterday who was taking over. She said "some guy named Mike, can't remember his last name." She said Mitch was going off for a while and would be coming on to the Oasis as activity manager and that he was only on the Nav for a month or so as a trial CD, as the company is apparently hiring more CD's right now.

i am trying to help everybody here on cruise critic trying to do my best to keep the list updated but if people are gonne be rude about ill just back off then.

oasis richard spacey/allan brooks will be next week

Hi NC, appreciate your list and help. For Oasis, the lists says Spacey or Brooks. Would you know who the CD is for Feb 26-2011 Oasis of the Seas?

Thanks!

We had Chris Northey on Explorer last August and we loved him! He was very funny and personable. And my friends beat him and the rest of the staff team in Dodgeball. haha. Anyone know if he'll be back on Explorer this summer?

Jimmy Rhodes is currently on Explorer. The guy was invisible around the ship. In stark contrast to Captain Olav who seemed to be everywhere.

Archived