Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

Paul, I was on the same cruise and I have pictures of bikini man too! We found him at the Flowrider - he kept walking in front of us too when I was taking pics!

How on earth did you find the time to do all of this so fast?

LOVED Richard Spacey! He is moving to the Allure - what a great cruise director. His mini movies that he showed before the shows and that played on the t.v. were really funny and I was thrilled he did the Evolution of Dance too for us.

I was with a group of 16 people and we all found the air conditioning in the cabins to be terrible in the middle of the night - went to bed freezing and then were throwing blankets off in the middle of the night it was so hot. Did you find the same issue?

Thanks for the pics of the jr. suite. If I did this ship again, I would definitely book a jr. suite instead of the balcony cabin we had - the cabin was just too small. There is a lot more room seeing your pictures.

One thing we were told by several of the staff members - in another week or so, 30% of the staff is leaving the ship and going to Finland to bring the Allure here. That is going to be quite a large turnover - hope that tings so smoothly for passengers. A few other staff members we spoke to were leaving by the beginning of November for good - said they weren't coming back.

LOVED the ship - if anyone is considering booking her - do it. You won't be disappointed.

Do you know the date when Richard Spacey is leaving? Also, who is his replacement? We sailed on Equinox last year at its 6-month anniversary when 50% of the crew left the ship and new crew came aboard at the start of our cruise. Some of the new crew throughout the week were decidedly unfamiliar with this new ship. We are going on Oasis Nov. 6 and I fear the same thing if 30% of the crew turnover when we depart.

Thank you for such an incredible review...your photos are mesmerizing. For those of us that wont be on board for a year or two...it was a great taste of what is to come. I love it when cruisers take the time to do a detailed review with pictures. I had so much fun doing a live food blog while we were in the med last month. We've been away from caribbean cruises and I do miss the simplicity of ports that are close to the ship. We will eventually get on this ship...after we returned from our recent cruise, on our way home from the airport, we drove by the port to catch a quick glimpse of Oasis...she is HUGE!!! There are just not enough vacation days for us to do all the cruises we have on our bucket list. Next year is Sydney/Hawaii/Tahiti.....so much to see, so little time.

Happy cruising....Joanne

Great review with great pictures....We sailed Oct 2 (western) and had a great experience like you...I have to agree with windjammer being too small that was our only complaint. Richard is the best CD we have had.. A Great Ship Thanks for the review..

Paul - Thank you so much for your FABULOUS pictorial review - LOVED IT - we are new to RCCL/RCI & will sail for the first time on the Allure next November - This has made it even more exciting to look forward to and your tips have been very helpful for us "newbies" who were a lil' concerned about her size.

Thanks again & Happy sailing :D

Paul... Thank you for such an informative picture review of Oasis!!! All of these pictures have my mouth watering, and my countdown clock spinning into overdrive, as I do not want to wait until May to experience the Allure!!

Thank you so much for your helpful reviews of the wine-dispenser (oh... Hooray for small details), the solarium & the rules, the wipeout cafe, etc... I just can not wait...

I think maybe you have maybe even inspired me to do a photo review of my cruise in May!!!

Amazing sunset shots... Great JOB!!! I hope you do get a free cruise, or at least some on-board ship credits for your next cruise for all the work you put in for this!!!

- Steph

Do you know the date when Richard Spacey is leaving? Also, who is his replacement? We sailed on Equinox last year at its 6-month anniversary when 50% of the crew left the ship and new crew came aboard at the start of our cruise. Some of the new crew throughout the week were decidedly unfamiliar with this new ship. We are going on Oasis Nov. 6 and I fear the same thing if 30% of the crew turnover when we depart.

RCCL Cruise Couple - I was told by RCCL that Richard's last sailing will be November 6th. The following week, November 13th, Allan Brooks will be taking over as CD (Allan Brooks will apparently be on the ship on the 6th but shadowing Richard before he starts the following week).

Paul - enjoying your pictures immensely!!

Thanks,

Canuck

Paul,

Thanks so much for your review. I loved every picture and editorial. I am hoping to do the Allure next May (or sooner after looking at your pictures). I even teared up when you where talking about your departure - always hate to leave the ship (no matter which ship it is).

Thanks again!

Thank you very much, everyone. :) There are some people who do great picture reviews and I just wanted to give back. I like to focus on things not mentioned in every single review.

Here's an encore...

A ship sailing past the set sun:

2254788080080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

View of boardwalk view rooms from the concierge lounge:

2218941800080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Dark skies ahead....this is what was left of Hurricane Paula on our final evening heading back to Ft. Lauderdale:

2517086170080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

RCCL Cruise Couple - I was told by RCCL that Richard's last sailing will be November 6th. The following week, November 13th, Allan Brooks will be taking over as CD (Allan Brooks will apparently be on the ship on the 6th but shadowing Richard before he starts the following week).

Paul - enjoying your pictures immensely!!

Thanks,

Canuck

Hmmm...I was told differently in an email I received from RCCL. I think the email is from September. According to the email I have Richard's last sailing is the week prior and Allan will be on his own the week of the 6th. I prefer your info to be correct! Guess we will see.

Thanks again Paul for the great review and photos!

Day 6 was the second formal night. DW had the lobster and I had the Prime Rib. Once again, great meals with no complaints.

2651195040080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Our show this night was "Come Fly With Me." It was a production show with the Oasis singers and dancers. They did a great job with it. The set and the aerial acrobatics were better than most RCI shows.

2322504230080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2795887420080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

It was this night the show was preceded by Richard Spacey's "Evolution of Dance" routine. It was hilarious.

My gosh, those are huge lobster tails, did you really get two each? How were they? I have read reviews that they can be mushy or tough?

My gosh, those are huge lobster tails, did you really get two each? How were they? I have read reviews that they can be mushy or tough?

I have to respond with a bit of a brag. Two weeks before the cruise, we had some visitors and we caught 50 Spiny Lobsters off my seawall. Needless to say, we ate it in every dish we could imagine. I did not order it on the ship because I was sick of it, and Florida Spiny Lobster is what they serve. However, I tried a piece from that plate and loved it. They cooked it perfectly.

Here is my balcony. Every balcony on this ship had this furniture. For those of us who love to eat breakfast out there, the tall table is a big improvement.

2612347550080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2825497070080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2288118540080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Great picture of the sunset and the wine bottle.

Eileen

We just returned home from the Oasis this morning. We had just a wonderful time on the ship. We were in a CP balcony and we loved it very much. We did express and I think it took like 15 minutes from the time we left our room till we were waiting for our shuttle. WE had to wait for the shuttle just a couple of minutes and we were back home in just about 10 minutes. We had parked our car at park-n-go and costs us like 5.99 a day. They had a special for the month of October.

Paul...I have no plans to go on Oasis or Allure, because I prefer the smaller ships in the RCCL fleet, but your photos and review could help push me over the edge...

Great review...thanks for sharing with all of us!

BILL

I was just thinking the same thing, Bill. My beau and I are still new to cruising, but tend to prefer smaller ships.

After reading just some of this review (with pictures) I am thinking of giving either the Oasis or the Allure a go! Thank you, Aquahound for the review!

I was just thinking the same thing, Bill. My beau and I are still new to cruising, but tend to prefer smaller ships.

After reading just some of this review (with pictures) I am thinking of giving either the Oasis or the Allure a go! Thank you, Aquahound for the review!

You're very welcome. Believe me, I know there is a lot to be said about the smaller ships. I love them too. But trust me, you will be doing yourself a huge injustice if you intentionally avoid this ship class. I'm glad I could display the finer points of Oasis, my new favorite ship class. :)

2825497070080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Great picture of the sunset and the wine bottle.

Eileen

Paul, I agree with Eileen.

This is the "money shot".

Time to give RC's marketing department a call. This one needs to go on the RC website, on Gifts 'n' Gear. They'll sell twice as much wine with this on the site!

Archived