Oasis - Awesome - My Picture Review

Aquahound

WOW!!! That's fantastic! I hope they have the same perk in the Allure. Did you get an invitation when you first boarded?

Again, thank you for the wonderful pictures and information!

You're welcome. :)

The invitation does not come to your room in paper form. You have to check your messages on your stateroom TV.

Thanks for mentioning Richard Spacey. He has got to be the funniest Cruise Director I have seen. I will get to him later in this review. I have a video from the 70's party I will share later on.

He did a great job when we were on Freedom. His personality really adds to many of the shows, and this was on Cruise in Review that was worth it with his touches.

Great review and pics, Paul. We still have until March for our Allure B2B, so pics help. We'll be in a JS, as well.

I'm showing DH the pics of the lobster tails on formal night, hoping I can convince him to pack a tie and a jacket!

Afterthoughts keep coming to me that I forgot to address in this review. For example, you can not access the bow on this ship. The track does go all the way around, but the bow is unaccessable. However, as a Diamond/D+ perk, you can go out there for sail away.

2706212350080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Hmmmmm, the bow has always been one of my favorite places to visit. I don't know what they were thinking with the access being cut off.:(

We returned to the ship early and laid by the Solarium pool for a while. Once again, no problem finding chairs.

It was this day I discovered the Wipeout Cafe. I always said it would be nice if RCI put some sort of grill poolside like some other cruise lines have. Oasis has it. They served burgers, hot dogs, pizza, wings, cookies, and salad and pasta items. It was easy to just walk in, grab a plate, and either eat there or walk back to your pool chair with it.

2814027560080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you so much for this GREAT pictorial review!!!!! I am loving it!! It is really getting me psyched up for our Apr. 30 cruise on Oasis (although...it seems SSOOOOO far away!!:o). Thanks for this piece of information. This is the first time that I remember hearing about the Wipe Out Cafe! :)

Fantastic review. I'm sure it was quite time consuming, so thank you for posting this.

The first time I've seen anyone mention the self-serve wine dispenser. Do they have these anywhere else on the ship or just in the MDR? If it's just the MDR, do you happen to know if they are on all levels? Since the levels aren't connected internally, it would be a little bit of a hasle if they only have this on 3 and your table is on 5.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the great review. We will boarding the Oasis in 20 days! I have one question. What was the dress like on the Formal nights? I'm toying with not bringing a jacket and just wearing slacks and a button down shirt. First time for maybe doing this. Trying to lessen the luggage load. What do you think? Thanks!

Steve

The first time I've seen anyone mention the self-serve wine dispenser. Do they have these anywhere else on the ship or just in the MDR? If it's just the MDR, do you happen to know if they are on all levels? Since the levels aren't connected internally, it would be a little bit of a hasle if they only have this on 3 and your table is on 5.

I was on this sailing as well and know that the self-serve wine dispensers were also on deck 4. I did not see them in any other areas of the ship other than outside the MDR.

Aqua: i agree with your comments about the cantilevered hot tubs. on many instances, even on sea days, they were empty or only had a couple people in them. It was great! As big as the ship was, people were pulled in so many different directions that it never felt crowded. Even the lines at the flowrider were 'short' compared to the lines I've been in on Freedom class ships.

Regarding the D/D+ invites ... I wasn't sure why the Sail Away invite was via the TV/Stateroom messages but the invite to the Theatre Backstage Tour was via a paper invitation.

Thanks for your excellent review and photos!

Thanks for this piece of information. This is the first time that I remember hearing about the Wipe Out Cafe! :)

It is on the starboard side, just aft of the H2O Zone. It was a couple days before I saw it. I was wondering where people were getting the burgers, etc, so i back tracked to see where they were coming from.

Hmmmmm, the bow has always been one of my favorite places to visit. I don't know what they were thinking with the access being cut off.:(

Yea, that was a bummer. The bow was an instant hit with me on the other newer ship classes.

Thanks for the great review. We will boarding the Oasis in 20 days! I have one question. What was the dress like on the Formal nights? I'm toying with not bringing a jacket and just wearing slacks and a button down shirt. First time for maybe doing this. Trying to lessen the luggage load. What do you think? Thanks!

Steve

I'd say 90% of the dining room were dressed to the suggested code. After dinner, many people changed out (including me), and maybe only 30-40% remained in formal wear.

Yes, they are on every floor. Each floor has a long, grand entrance to the dining room with a small lounge area just before going in to the actual dining room. (Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the entry way) In that small lounge area is the dispensers. You have to look, though, because they are behind high-backed couches and are easy to miss if you are just walking through. There are wine glasses on a shelf behind them. When you swipe your Sea Pass card, you then choose what wine you want and the amount you want. You could choose from a 1/4 glass, 1/2 glass, or full glass.

Like theorbo said, I also did not see them anywhere else on the ship.

Regarding the D/D+ invites ... I wasn't sure why the Sail Away invite was via the TV/Stateroom messages but the invite to the Theatre Backstage Tour was via a paper invitation.

What is going on during sail away for D/D+? Is this something new? I have been d+ for ahile but have never been invited to anything for sail away.

TIA

Kathy

What is going on during sail away for D/D+? Is this something new? I have been d+ for ahile but have never been invited to anything for sail away.

TIA

Kathy

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are D+ with 35 Royal cruises behind us but an so excited about the Oasis. We leave on Oct 30 and can't wait. This is going to be such a different experience and you have helped make it better. We will now have a little know how into where to go and what to do (or not do or eat!) Thanks again.

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are D+ with 35 Royal cruises behind us but an so excited about the Oasis. We leave on Oct 30 and can't wait. This is going to be such a different experience and you have helped make it better. We will now have a little know how into where to go and what to do (or not do or eat!) Thanks again.

No, our group stayed at the Hyatt Place North. Their shuttle service was a disaster - I ended up calling a shuttle I had used before in FLL at the last minute that took 13 of us to the ship for $5 per person rather than waiting until 2 PM for the Hyatt's shuttle.

Aquahound, your review and pics are great - I was going to write one, not so sure it is needed, LOL.

Willysgrandma, were you with the group that stayed at the Hampton...we were there with a group of 16 from CA.

We loved not having many kids on this cruise made it so enjoyable.

No, our group stayed at the Hyatt Place North. Their shuttle service was a disaster - I ended up calling a shuttle I had used before in FLL at the last minute that took 13 of us to the ship for $5 per person rather than waiting until 2 PM for the Hyatt's shuttle.

Aquahound, your review and pics are great - I was going to write one, not so sure it is needed, LOL.

Willysgrandma, were you with the group that stayed at the Hampton...we were there with a group of 16 from CA.

We loved not having many kids on this cruise made it so enjoyable.

If you don't mind me asking, what shuttle service did you use?

If you don't mind me asking, what shuttle service did you use?

Archived