Diamond member activities to be curtailed

JIMDSB2

Perhaps the way RCCL has gone about "delivering/non delivering" perks at different levels needs to be adjusted.

If the CL are too small to accommodate all passengers in that category on most of the sailings, give out discount off of the drinks that can be redeemed at any lounge. Your room key can be coded to do so. This would solve the overcrowding problem and allow you to enjoy a reduced price drink at any bar on the ship.

MARAPRINCE

I have to agree with this part of your post. As a Diamond member, I found the perks to be a nice benefit, but it certainly was not why I was on a cruise vacation. However, my recent cruise on the Oasis was my first D+ cruise and I found the perks to be fabulous. The Concierge Lounge was awesome with the hot breakfast service, the cocktail parties, etc, and Ricardo, the concierge, was able to fix a problem I had with the dining room. Who knows what hell I would have gone through without him. 90 minutes of internet usage proved valuable in keeping track of Hurricane Paula (I live in the Keys and was concerned). And the behind the scenes tours of the bridge and galley were a nice touch that most people don't get to enjoy these days. Even the Diamond Lounge overlooking the Promenade was really nice to visit. The free bottle of wine in my room that I was able to choose as a D+ perk topped this cruise off perfectly.

I still do not book cruises just to earn points, but the perks received now really are a motivator.

Agreed, it's nice to be rewarded for loyalty.

Well Joe you have a point.. we paid for the cruise and RCI delivered as promised.. BUt RCI also made a promise in their loyality program. Yes I am one of those "dopey" people who did take a cruise in reliance of getting to another status... I took cruise #10 jsut to get to Diamond in anticipation of my 11th cruise. And again I was "dopey" and took 2 more cruises just to get the points when I was so close to getting Diamond plus. Truth be known,yes I have stayed with RCI in anticipation of earning points and getting to the various levels. RCI made a promise to reward me for doing so. Otherwise I would have cruised on many other lines. Each one of the other lines look appealing but b/c of RCI's loyalty program I stay with RCI.

As far as "woopti doooo Diamond" I enjoy being Diamond plus. I enjoy being a part of something good. Its a great benefit and a great program. I know others feel the same way.:eek:

Ditto

Each one of the other lines look appealing but b/c of RCI's loyalty program I stay with RCI.

As far as "woopti doooo Diamond" I enjoy being Diamond plus. I enjoy being a part of something good. Its a great benefit and a great program. I know others feel the same way.:eek:

Me, too! We strayed to another cruise line this year. It was a nice cruise, but we really missed the D+ bennies. I agree that RCCL's loyalty program is super, and Celebrity's, too.

I still feel grateful every time I go on a cruise and can check in faster, be on the internet for free, get smoked salmon in the morning before hubby wakes up in a private dining room, get that free "something" in my cabin when I arrive, and have a glass of wine or champagne every evening and watch the sun set. It just makes the cruise experience better.

And, my bff and sister LOVE it, too, because they can get on and off the ship with me faster, share my bottle of wine in our cabin, and put their boo-boo undies in my free bag of laundry! :D

couldnt agree more :cool:

im diamond,and i did enjoy the cruises BUT it was gaining the credits that kept me to RC.I would have tried other cruise lines had they not done the credits, and thats why RC do it . AND if RC stop the perks theres noththink to keep me with them,and will be picking the itinarys not the cruise line,and as i plan to cruise every year for many years to come, they will lose a lot of money from me alone..........REMEMBER... THEY DONT GIVE YOU PERKS OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEART...........THEY DO IT TO KEEP YOU COMING BACK TO THEM........... FACT....NO CARROT NO SALE.

couldnt agree more :cool:

DITTO DITTO

I dont understand why folk do not understand this.. Yes I am entitled to the Diamond benefits and YES I most certainly have earned the benefits....ONE CRUISE AT A TIME! THe loyality program is RCI's promise to acknowledge me and give me perks and in turn I promise to spend my vacation dollar with RCI. My VAcation dollar is totally descretionary! And also RCI has the descretion to stop the loyalty program or benefits at any time. At a time like now... vacation $$$ is scarse. RCI will do well to keep my and other vacationer's attention. I understand this and I believe RCI does too. ! And for as long as RCI offers perks to be loyal I will earn them and expect to receive them!!!

I suspect the nay sayers are those folk who have not attained Diamond plus and have never viewed the beautiful sunset from the Diamond Lounge while the Concierge is asking you if you'd like another drink or have come back to their cabin and found a gift tray of sweets. :):):)

I'm even more shocked they gave the OBC!!!:eek:

and you wonder why the program will be changing...................;)

Sorry-but if I have to assert my rights while on a vacation for a luncheon, that BTW I could have lunch anywhere, has really lost, for me, the value of the word vacation.

I am happy to say that in reading her post, they did NOT give her OBC..............she got an invitation to the luncheon. (and I SO agree with you...........I have been to one of these luncheons, and it IS "just lunch in the dining room".)

AND if RC stop the perks theres noththink to keep me with them,and will be picking the itinarys not the cruise line,and as i plan to cruise every year for many years to come, they will lose a lot of money from me alone..........REMEMBER... THEY DONT GIVE YOU PERKS OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEART...........THEY DO IT TO KEEP YOU COMING BACK TO THEM........... FACT....NO CARROT NO SALE.

I agreed with the last line until you wrote no carrot no sale....I think you can agree RCCL has a great, unique product and if they did away with Crown and Anchor all together there still would be plenty of sales. Outside of the NCL EPIC/Celebrity Solstice Class there is nothing out there who comes even remotely close to RCCL Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class. So yeah, they built it and people will come.

Platinum, Diamond and Diamond+ Event.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000fJ_MDHOUCm8aXZpvlsSdoYS:12hdhu93n?cS=NAVBAR

This has always been the luncheon on every other 7+ day cruise I was on after attaining Platinum except for this one where they told us that if it was not for the large amount of D and D+, P would be invited. I considered this luncheon, which we had always enjoyed before, as a perk similar to the coupon book or the balcony discount. Having been told that we were entitled to attend, but there was no room for us, we just asked for an alternative entitlement.

I would like to know which ships are/were offering a luncheon to their P/D/D+ pax? We have been on lots of cruises and have yet to be invited to a luncheon as you have described above. Though we do cruises longer than 7 days...........last April we did a 7 day consecutive cruise on Serenade and there was no luncheon held.

The only luncheon that we get invited to is the one that is held for consecutive cruisers.

Platinum, Diamond and Diamond+ Event.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000fJ_MDHOUCm8aXZpvlsSdoYS:12hdhu93n?cS=NAVBAR

This has always been the luncheon on every other 7+ day cruise I was on after attaining Platinum except for this one where they told us that if it was not for the large amount of D and D+, P would be invited. WOW! Really? I considered this luncheon, which we had always enjoyed before, as a perk similar to the coupon book or the balcony discount. Having been told that we were entitled to attend, but there was no room for us, we just asked for an alternative entitlement. Wow again!

How would you feel if you wanted to use your $100 balcony credit but were told that all the balconies were taken by D and D+ so there were none for you? I'd feel that I waited to long to book. You would never know that all the balcs were taken by D and D+. RCL would never release who booked the rooms so mute comparison.[/COLOR]

How would you feel if they told you you could no longer have your Platinum or Gold coupon books because they ran out of ink printing all the coupon books for D and D+. Same thing. Seriously? Again bad comparison.

If the company says you are entitled to a benefit for your loyalty to them, then they should give you the benefit or an alternative when there is no space to provide it. What time did you show up for this benefit? 10 minutes before, 15 before?

I am quite loyal to Royal but I should have known better than to deal with the cheerleaders who are probably the same people moaning about the CL.

It's interesting to see that the D and D+s don't care when those with a lower level of C&A lose a benefit.

I normally would never flame but for real. I find it quite hard to believe you were turned away from the event mentioned. I would dare say you showed up late and like many of the events held for CA members found it quite well attended and did not want to stand. I have seen this a few times where people show up after event starts and don't see or find any seating and then leave. Call me a cheerleader I guess. Get there 10 minutes before event starts and I wouldn't be here posting my flaming opinion.

True RC can cancel program at any time, yet it is posted on their website Crown and Anchor perks do exist. So people have the right to expect these until otherwise notified in advanced.......just sayin....

Expect is a strong word.

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Kellie Poodle;

I think this one's for you!! ;)

Not all services can be provided on all Royal Caribbean ships. We shall not be liable for refunds or for damages resulting from failure to deliver such services.

Looks like you are begging for yet another time out. True RC can cancel program at any time, yet it is posted on their website Crown and Anchor perks do exist. So people have the right to expect these until otherwise notified in advanced.......just sayin....

The website says

"Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Event"

It does not specify the event.

and as Debde pointed out, it also says:

"Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion for anyone appearing to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with its terms, conditions, or intent To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise credits earned per individual. Guests are eligible for Gold membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after one completed cruise. After five cruise credits, they are eligible to become Platinum members. After ten or more cruise credits they are eligible to become Diamond members. And those who have taken twenty four or more cruise credits are eligible to become Diamond Plus members. Cruise Credits are given per stateroom category paid. Eligible cruises exclude all reduced cruise fare (e.g., employee/employee family rates, vendor rates, etc.), Group Charter/Incentives and other cruises as designated by Royal Caribbean at its sole discretion. All questions or disputes regarding the eligibility for the Program or provision of benefits will be resolved by Royal Caribbean at its sole discretion. Not all services can be provided on all Royal Caribbean ships. We shall not be liable for refunds or for damages resulting from failure to deliver such services. All Program discount coupons are subject to the Terms and Conditions stated herein on the discount coupons. Each Program member shall be responsible for advising the Crown & Anchor Society Desk of address changes, and we shall have no liability for misdirected mail, or any consequences thereof. Other terms and conditions apply. Offer void where prohibited by law."

Perhaps the previous poster better watch out for the part in red.

Personally, I think that the D+ perks are great, and I am grateful for them.

I do feel that I have "earned" them through my dollars spent and dogged loyalty to sailing RC (many will recall how my one venture over to the Crown Princess turned out :rolleyes:), not to mention my free advertising and recruitment of new cruisers, of which there are MANY.

I don't demand them, though. I merely enjoy those which are offered.

I am sorry but I really do not agree with you, the "perks" as you put it are not perks, they are part of the long term contract that I have with the cruise line, where they say "cruise with us alot, and we will give you these benefits", and therefore at this time I am entitled to the benefits.

Yes I know in the small print it says, that they can change the program at any time, but for now as a member of any status I am entitled to the things listed as being a benefit, provided (not given, I have paid alot of money to become D+), in recognition for my loyalty.

If they decide in the future to change how they value my custom, I can decide how I want to spend my future cruise dollars :D

Long term contract? :confused:

I do agree that a posted benefit should be given, but I would never consider any loyalty program to be a contract of any kind.

The chances of a single carrier such as RCCL flipping a switch and canceling their entire loyalty program in the middle of the night are equivalent to an asteroid falling on your head. Now with that being said, all the major lines collaberating together and winding them down over the course of 60 days would be more realistic. Kinda like the fuel surcharge....and we all know that didnt pan out very long.

The website says

"Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Event"

It does not specify the event.

And to me the "Event' is the P/D/D+ Party held during the course of the cruise where those that have earned that special crystal block might receive it......or the top cruisers for that cruise are recognized and given a nice bottle of bubbly.

Now, would somebody please tell what ships are giving a luncheon to P/D/D+ C&A members so that I can look into booking a cruise.:cool:

Just heard that RCCL will be phasing out most of the special Diamond and Diamond+ member parties and get togethers, except on the Oasis and Allure, due to space restrictions. On a recent cruise, there was no room for the Diamond people,to sit in their nightly recognition parties. This is a major problem for those of us that have worked to become diamond members. Now there will be very limited recognition. You would think that if they want many multiple voyagers, they would make a better attempt.

Oh Well ..What do you suggest??? A new ship Diamond of the Seas??? Perhaps that could hold all the hardworking diamond members...LOL

"worked to become diamond members"? Come on now. You paid your money for a cruise. Recieved a cruise in return. Any other "reward" is complimentary. To endure the torture of a cruise JUST to get some points is dopey. Cruise for the experience nothing else....oh yea we are diamond...woopti doooo:rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly.

The chances of a single carrier such as RCCL flipping a switch and canceling their entire loyalty program in the middle of the night are equivalent to an asteroid falling on your head. Now with that being said, all the major lines collaberating together and winding them down over the course of 60 days would be more realistic. Kinda like the fuel surcharge....and we all know that didnt pan out very long.

OW! My head!:D

Oh Well ..What do you suggest??? A new ship Diamond of the Seas??? Perhaps that could hold all the hardworking diamond members...LOL

I'm thinking of my own private yacht - Titanium of the Seas.

I know this response won't be popular, but my thoughts are generally not popular with many different groups....

I am a diamond cruiser. I couldn't care less about the "perks" onboard. All I care about is discounts on the cruise! The conceirge lounge was great (when I was invited), but I do not plan to go to an alternative lounge where the drinks are discounted....I am sure the amount of alcohol will be discounted as well!

When I cruise, I simply enjoy being able to order room service, have my room tidied up twice a day, and sit on my lovely balcony and be left alone. I always feel like majesty on a cruise!!! And when I get home, I am bummed because no one has turned down the bed for me...LOL

I am one of those folks who simply enjoy cruises simply...I might be in the minority......

Barb

You forgot to add..........that their loyalty program can change without notice.:)

Thanks Patti, but I did address RCi can change benefits without notice..its in the word descretionary. :) Again I do believe RCI has contracted with is C&A members. They say cruise often and we'll reward you with certain and advertized perks. RCI does make it clear they can change benefits at any time. However they do that at their own peril as vaction spending is descretionary and the traveler is fickle. I for one love RCI's product but wouldnt hesitate to try another cruise line if RCI stopped it's loyalty benefits. As long as I am rewarded for loyalty I will continue spending my descretionary vacation dollar with RCI. I know full well that either party can stop at any time. But in the mean time I expect RCI to deliver what is says it will.

Archived