Coffee Card - Limit to Current Voyage

MichTraveler

I believe this whole issue of not being able to use unfinished coffee card punches on other ships of the fleet, is a tempest in a coffee pot. We were on two cruises in the past 4 months on two different ships (Emerald and Grand) and the crew happily accepted our cards on both. Like an earlier poster, I'm afeared that if this thread continues much longer, it may draw the unwanted attention of some enterprising employee in Santa Clarita!:(

I just bought a new card last month on the CB and only used two punches but definately plan to use it next month. I would not have bought another one if I

thought I might not be able to use it on another ship in the fleet. And, I don't drink the brewed coffee very often either. I'll be sending back to Santa Clarita when I get home

if I don't get to use it.

[quote name=jff50;26586606

I think a lot of what drives the use of syrup is not price but storage and disposal issues. Storing coffee beans will use up a lot more space than concentrated syrup. In addition' date=' I think that there are concerns with how and when they can dispose of the used grounds.[/quote]

Feed those coffee grounds to the fish! the fish will follow the trail of coffee grounds ;).....just like I feed the coffee grounds on land to the worms and they make great compost for the garden.....Starbucks even gives away the coffee grounds to gardeners by the buckets full.

Princess actively promotes the fact that you can use the coffee cards on your next cruise if you still have punches left.

That's RIGHT!

I found the maker of the Green Tea Smoothie mix that Princess uses and have ordered 2 quart bottles for $27 delivered. All that is in one is 4 oz. of the tea mix (many flavors) and ice and then blended to be a smoothie.

WHO is the maker of the green tea smoothie mix? :D

I will be furious if a few rotten apples have screwed up a benefit of mine -- especially as I'm currently the forgetful owner of two half-used coffee cards.

Me too!....Oh, get those coffee cards and paper clip them to your Passport NOW!

Well this thread is going to go on for a very long time. :) I too got the BOGO coffee card (s) on my Sept cruise and was told they do not expire AND I too put mine in my passport for next cruise (2012) :( (wish it was sooner) so lets see what happens after the first of the year when many companies make changes to their rules. I hope Princess does not make changes. My travel friend loves both specialty coffee and brewed and I drink only brewed so my fingers are crossed....

Teri

Well this thread is going to go on for a very long time. :) I too got the BOGO coffee card (s) on my Sept cruise and was told they do not expire AND I too put mine in my passport for next cruise (2012) :( (wish it was sooner) so lets see what happens after the first of the year when many companies make changes to their rules. I hope Princess does not make changes. My travel friend loves both specialty coffee and brewed and I drink only brewed so my fingers are crossed....

Teri

If this thread keeps going (yes Princess reads the boards) policies might change.....:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Bob

Wish we had known that these coffee cards could be used on any cruise - we had many punches left after our last cruise on the Grand - but when we got home we threw them out! There really should be more information printed on the cards regarding application and/or expiry etc. IMHO. Going on the Grand again in November, but will have to purchase new cards. Boo Hoo!

Wish we had known that these coffee cards could be used on any cruise - we had many punches left after our last cruise on the Grand - but when we got home we threw them out! There really should be more information printed on the cards regarding application and/or expiry etc. IMHO. Going on the Grand again in November, but will have to purchase new cards. Boo Hoo!

They were not meant to used on another cruise, hence no info on the card.

Anyone try using the new paper coffee cards they have been giving out on a different ship. I'm talking about actually using it for specialty coffees, not fresh brewed. Going on the Ruby and was thinking of the BOGO but won't purchase them if the new paper ones are not usable on a different ship. I still have a couple of the old coffee cards I bought in June on the Royal. I only use them for specialty coffees but didn't finish them all on that cruise.

Thanks

I totally agree with you. Charge me $50 more per cruise and make coffee or soft drinks free. All these extra fees drive me crazy!

I seem to be in the minority, but seeing as I don't drink soda or regular coffee, I actually prefer them do the seperate charges instead of adding the fees onto the cruise fare to make these included in the price.

I totally agree with you. Charge me $50 more per cruise and make coffee or soft drinks free. All these extra fees drive me crazy!

I seem to be in the minority, but seeing as I don't drink soda or regular coffee, I actually prefer them do the seperate charges instead of adding the fees onto the cruise fare to make these included in the price.

You've got that right. Pricing a cruise to include everything you can think of is a sure way to scare off future cruisers.

With that sort of thinking, why not build in a cost for open bar, unlimited free tours, open seating at no charge in the Specialty restaurants.....where does it stop?

As far as not being able to use the coffee cards on future cruises they have to wait at least wait till the older ones circulate out of existence & start putting a date on all new issued cards. To eliminate the older cards from being used forever they stamp them the next time they're used to indicate it won't be acceptable on future cruises.

Are any of you aware that as recently as 5 or 10 years ago specialty coffees were free and we threatened to stop cruising Princess because we were so upset when they started charging for them. ;)

And when we started cruising 40 or so years ago soft drinks were also free.

It's so funny how this has come full circle.

Archived