Best cruise ship entertainer

MJYFGSL

was wondering if HAL has a place to call them or e mail to find out the schedule of entertainers for upcoming cruises.

To my knowledge, they don't. It's the kind of thing that would be on my radar, too, as I am always very interested in knowing about the entertainers on board.

We have seen & heard alot of wonderful entertainers on cruises. One of the most memorable couples who entertained was on our Volendam Panama Canal cruise 2-3 years ago: DEN & BOBBI WEST. They have performed on Holland & Princess ships primarily. Den West is so versatile -- sings and plays guitar, banjo, mandolin, steel guitar (anything with strings) from traditional spanish flaminco to bluegrass to country to gospel. Bobbi sings along with him on many songs. We talked to Bobbi & Den on that cruise and found out we live about 40 minutes apart, and shop at same WalMart -- that is when they're not traveling!!! Den wrote a beautiful instrumental about the Northern Lights. I always hope that we will end up on same ship again but so far thats not happened.

A Vote for Bert Stratton, piano man, tends to sail mostly on the Caribbean Princess.

Singer, song writer and very theatrical performer.

Just google Bert and you'll know why! We spent every night on our 2002 cruise to Alaska listening to him. He is FANTASTIC!! We were even planning our next cruise based on what ship he is on!!;)

James, his aerialist wife, the 'amazing' poodles Koda and Shadow, PLUS those colorful birds. I bought his CD, and everyone who saw it at home was also in awe of his talent. I asked him about any difficulties travelling with the poodles, and he said the dogs were a piece of cake compared to the requirements for the birds!

A great illusionist with a great family--his boys are darling. Saw him on Eurodam last year, but we're on Westerdam in December--darn!

It's worth scheduling a cruise just to see him again...

We were on the Eurodam in May and loved James Cielen, his family, the birds and the poodles. There were only a handful of kids on that particular cruise. My daughter, then age 10, went up to Club Hal almost every day and sometimes his little boys were up there. We overheard the youngest one later saying to his dad as we walked by, "There goes my friend". It was very cute. They were staying in a stateroom on the same floor as we were. His wife's act was equally amazing as his with the aerial show she puts on.

diane

• 4 weeks later...

DH and I really enjoyed the steel drum band, Island Magic, on the Zuiderdam this past April. They don't play the usual Caribbean stuff; don't wear the bright Caribbean clothes. They come onstage ready to give a concert, and their joy in the performance is infectious. I'd be thrilled to see them again.

The Adagio strings are on most if not all the HAL ships. They play beautiful classical music and I just love it. I think they kind of replaced the Rosario Strings who played the Exporers Louge for a long time.

On another topic, one of my all time favorites is a man named "Barnaby." Does anyone know which ship is blessed to have him as a entertainer?

He was just on the Nieuw Amsterdam TA and he is great. On of the most enjoyable comics I have seen.:D:D

When you mentioned some of your favorite entertainers in an earlier post I was reminded of a simple little joke that went around the country maybe 50+ years ago.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Anna

Anna who:

Anna Maria Alberghetti in a taxi, honey!

//No one under 65 will have the slightest clue!//

When you mentioned some of your favorite entertainers in an earlier post I was reminded of a simple little joke that went around the country maybe 50+ years ago.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Anna

Anna who:

Anna Maria Alberghetti in a taxi, honey!

//No one under 65 will have the slightest clue!//

Would this be a play on words for "Darktown Strutter's Ball"?

Actually I'm only in my mid 50's -- I didn't think I looked 65 or over in my avatar picture. I guess it's a worse picture than I thought!:eek::(

I can't see your avatar---I have them turned off. I was quoting from the original "knock knock" joke post.

:) our favorite was a group from california that entertained on statendam cruise we took in jan/feb 2009. They dressed as the beatles and sang right thru their career, changing costumes along the way as they went from the beginning to the end of the beatles career. They looked almost exactly like them and even spoke with the cockny accent. At the late show the really brought the house down and sang for over an hour and a half. The next day they held a concert by the pool and dressed as and sang beachboys hits for over an hour. Again the looked and dressed exactly like them sounded like 'em too. Hard to believe that it was the same group both times

The best I ever had the chance to see on a cruise is the fabulous Holly Lipton .

George Kowalski and his band in the Ocean Bar, a performance by Johnny Thunder (member of the old Drifters) and the Glen Miller band on an Atlantic crossing, Perry in the piano bar and Ludovich and his band in the ocean bar, where are the good ol' days...

Of the current entertainers on HAL, that's easier. Justin Miller. He knows more about music, the composers and lyricists, and the singers, than any one should. And he intersperses his performance with great stories from these sources.
I couldn't agree more. He is fabulous. (And I love his custom guitar!)

Don't think the Beetles would be pleased to know they have cockney accents. They were from Liverpool and their accent is from that part of the UK, not cockney which is from London. A true cockney is born within the sound of Bow Bells.

Incidentally, another big vote here for Justin Miller.

Archived