Best cruise ship entertainer

MJYFGSL

The best I ever had the chance to see on a cruise is the fabulous Holly Lipton .

My two best have been Joel Mason, and just behind that James Cielen. A close third is all of the fantastic singers and dancers who have put on the various variety and tribute shows over the past 20 years. They work so hard under challenging circumstances, and still deliver a professional performance!

Best ever? That's kind of hard to pick. Probably the late, great Don Cornell. One of the last Big Band singers to perform.

Also was very well entertained by Shirley Jones and Anna Maria Alberghetti.

Of the current entertainers on HAL, that's easier. Justin Miller. He knows more about music, the composers and lyricists, and the singers, than any one should. And he intersperses his performance with great stories from these sources.

Here's another vote for Joel Mason :)

Although another great entertainer I have seen on HAL was Clint Holmes who is also a Las Vegas regular. He is an amazingly talented singer with lots of charisma.

James Cielen is also good as well as this guy (who's name I cannot remember) that performs John Denver songs and looks a lot like the late great John Denver.

We first saw Kuba Kawnik and Rebecca Low on our cruise to Hawaii. He plays a number of intraments well but the vibraphone and guitar are fantastic. Rebecca is a vocalist. On our cruise Kuba announced his engagement to Rebecca. A year later on our cruise to Panama Kuba was also an entertainer but no Rebecca. Seems she was at home waiting for the birth of their girl. Wonderful entertainers. I can listen to Kuba for hours when he plays the vibraphone.

A group called NIGHT SHIFT aboard Legend of the Seas in 1996. Another group called THE HARRINGTON BROTHERS aboard one of the large Princess ships. And I have to agree with some of the above posters, JOEL MASON. a

And BERT STRATTON, who I'll see aboard the Ruby Princess on the Jan 30th sailing.

My two best have been Joel Mason, and just behind that James Cielen. A close third is all of the fantastic singers and dancers who have put on the various variety and tribute shows over the past 20 years. They work so hard under challenging circumstances, and still deliver a professional performance!

Not only are they my favorites, but on our very first cruise in 2004 on the Zuiderdam we hit the jackpot. Both were onboard, and I got spoiled right then and there. I thought all cruises had such stellar entertainers! Mr. Cielen actually levitated my 22 y/o daughter during his act - she became a mini-celebrity for the duration of the cruise as passengers who'd seen the show would stop her and ask her how he did it.

Last year DH and I had the good fortune to see James Cielen again on the Eurodam.

I wholeheartedly agree that the singers and dancers have performed under some of the most difficult conditions - they always give their best.

For Showroom entertainment, my favorite goes back to April of '06 on the Westerdam. A vaudeville act called The Other Brothers. One brother balanced himself on 4 stilts (2 hands and 2 feet) and did some amazing things - even dancing and climbing up and down the stairs at the edge of the stage. I've no idea how he managed that on a moving ship. They received a standing ovation, and the audience wouldn't quit till they performed a little more.

I never heard of them again ... but they were definitely the entertainment highlight of that cruise.

JIMMY MADDOX in the piano bar!!!

We met him a few years ago on the Westerdam and wish we could sail with him again. He's never on the same ship we are. :(

He is absolutely wonderful, and we closed down the piano bar every night.

Also, I join those who enjoy JOEL MASON and JAMES CIELEN.

We've seen Joel twice, most recently last year on the Westerdam. We saw James earlier this year on the Eurodam.

The best cruise/entertainment package ever was on the Westerdam: Jimmy Maddox in the piano bar, Joel Mason and Julie Barr as entertainers. And Jason was CD. Outstanding.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of the folks mentioned above (except Kuba and Rebecca..who ALSO announced their engagement on my cruise last fall!).

I saw lots of entertainers I truly enjoyed Jim Curry who does a tribute to John Denver. Also a group called "Black Tie" is VERY talented and a joyto watch.

Archived