Best cruise ship entertainer

MJYFGSL

Amy Armstrong & Freddy Allen.

Indeed!

My vote goes to George Evans.

He was initially sailing w HAL and entertaining in the Ocean Bar - he is now aboard QM2.

Also was very well entertained by Shirley Jones...

Really?

I heard that she was a terribly rude person who flatly refused to sing when asked while aboard a HAL cruise.

Really?

I heard that she was a terribly rude person who flatly refused to sing when asked while aboard a HAL cruise.

I met up with her in the ladies room on the old Rotterdam before I knew she was going to be entertaining. She looked gorgeous, and was primping. I asked her to stop as she already looked so much better than the rest of us did.

Then I asked if she was a passenger or was going to be entertaining us.

I found the brief encounter a delightful few seconds.

Lisa: The John Denver music man is Jim Curry and his lovely wife Ann.

James Celein is currently on the Eurodam and he told me he will be on this ship until next April. His wife and two young sons also travel on the ship with him. Joel Mason is on the Eurodam as I write.

James Celein is currently on the Eurodam and he told me he will be on this ship until next April. His wife and two young sons also travel on the ship with him. Joel Mason is on the Eurodam as I write.

Thanks, That is a great ship for both James Celein and Joel to be on. You are right it was Jim Curry that did the John Denver music.

You said James Celein had his wife and two young sons and you must not forget his poodles too ;)

I haven't been too impressed by most of the HAL entertainers. They were okay, but nothing really outstanding.

For fun, we enjoyed piano man 'Rockin' Randall Powell a couple of times.

Lorna Luft (Judy Garland's other daughter), gave a nice performance on the Amsterdam in May.

Not only does the Eurodam have Joel Mason and James Cielen, one of the Eurodam singers - Savannah - is absolutely spectacular. And some of the HalCats, in addition to being great musicians, actually smiled and acted like they were enjoying playing music.

The Eurodam is currently loaded with talent.

The best entertainment I have ever had the privilege to see is a group called "The West Enders." They are performers who have all at one time or another had major roles in musicals in London's West End. They brought the house down every time they performed and had standing room only packed theaters.

The other best entertainers I've ever seen was a folkloric group who boarded the ship in Dakar, Senegal with African dances. Beyond incredible. Any folklore show after that is a waste of time in comparison -- for me.

WOW! Sure hope they are both still on the ship when we sail on 27 Nov. It's been a long time since there has been must see entertainment on a ship and sounds like we have won the lottery on this cruise. Might have to rethink our dining time.

The poodles were very much there. I saw him walking them on the deck as we sailed out of St. Thomas. He had his "pooper-catcher and would pick up the "calling card." The poodles and the birds and the wife are in the show. They are very nice people.

This may not fit the topic, but the Adagio Strings on my Oosterdam cruise were perfection! Went to listen to them any chance I got. They were from Ukraine.

I realize they are a "troupe" and are on all the ships, but if they are as good as these guys were,I will be a happy camper on any HAL ship.:)

Seeing all these names here of entertainers that are new to me gives me hope that I will see someone new on my next cruise. On my Grand Voyage last fall everyone was new to me and I totally enjoyed that. When I cruised Alaska this summer there were all repeats from the Grand Voyage. I HOPE that on my trip this coming January I will get to experience some of the folks that have been mentioned here......and not all repeats.

The Adagio strings are on most if not all the HAL ships. They play beautiful classical music and I just love it. I think they kind of replaced the Rosario Strings who played the Exporers Louge for a long time.

On another topic, one of my all time favorites is a man named "Barnaby." Does anyone know which ship is blessed to have him as a entertainer?

Wow - I would love to be aboard that ship!

Interesting ... on a cruise earlier this year I was talking with one of the managers of the shops on board. He told me that Joel and James are the two most successful HAL entertainers, and because of that would never be assigned to the same ship! I guess he was wrong! :)

James, his aerialist wife, the 'amazing' poodles Koda and Shadow, PLUS those colorful birds. I bought his CD, and everyone who saw it at home was also in awe of his talent. I asked him about any difficulties travelling with the poodles, and he said the dogs were a piece of cake compared to the requirements for the birds!

A great illusionist with a great family--his boys are darling. Saw him on Eurodam last year, but we're on Westerdam in December--darn!

It's worth scheduling a cruise just to see him again...

also loved joel mason. saw him on the westerdam over 1 yr ago. how do you find out the entertainers on the various ships in advance?

If the entertainer has a website, you can find out that way.

Otherwise, you have to read reviews - people often mention who was on their ship.

But that's no guarantee, as sometimes the entertainer has time off. I remember on our of our first cruises, we missed Joel Mason by a week. Everyone was raving about him, and I was looking forward to seeing him, but he wasn't aboard. :(

Luckily I saw him on two subsequent cruises! :)

If the entertainer has a website, you can find out that way.

Otherwise, you have to read reviews - people often mention who was on their ship.

But that's no guarantee, as sometimes the entertainer has time off. I remember on our of our first cruises, we missed Joel Mason by a week. Everyone was raving about him, and I was looking forward to seeing him, but he wasn't aboard. :(

Luckily I saw him on two subsequent cruises! :)

was wondering if HAL has a place to call them or e mail to find out the schedule of entertainers for upcoming cruises.

Archived