Upgrade fairy called DURING cruise!

Well, here's a new one, I think....we just sailed on the Majesty on Oct 18. It was our first sailing as Diamond Plus, and we had a Junior Suite. After spending 1 night in our JS, the phone rang in our room the next morning. We were offered a Grand Suite for the remainder of the cruise! Now, yes, it was a pain to move all of our clothing, etc, to the new room, but OF COURSE we accepted the offer! The move only took about 30 minutes, and we enjoyed a fabulous Grand Suite for the remaining days of the cruise. Has anyone else ever been upgraded DURING a cruise before?

We have never been upgraded but on our spring break cruise 04/10 of FOS, we met a family of 4 from Canada that booked a junior suite. When they arrived at the pier, they were told there was a cabin change and they were now on deck 6. When they arrived at the cabin, they had been upgraded to the President Suite, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths, a huge back deck with dining table, outdoor bar and hot tub. We had a sail away on their deck! They were a very nice family and well deserving.

Sometimes they need to make repairs of other service to a cabin and they will thus offer upgrades to people in that cabin to move them :) other then that I have never seen them upgrade during a cruise before, but sure would be nice to have it happen :) not like it costs royal anything anymore :)

Personally, I've never heard of an upgrade call during a cruise (at least on here). You may be a first!

:)

It happened to us earlier this year , January, on the Brilliance BCN to Dubai member's cruise.

We were all unpacked and settled in our inside cabin on deck10 when we got a phone call the following evening from Guest Services offering us a D1 on deck 9.

It was formal night and I had just got out of the shower when I took the call, DH said he had never seen me get ready so quick on formal night:D.

Downside was we had to move that night but it was a smooth operation , we took our valuables to the new room safe, packed the small stuff in the cases which were moved with our clothes still on hangers by magic while we were out to dinner:D

Congrats -

I didn't think they offered D+ upgrades on shorter sailings till you had 50 or 75 cruises.

M

I believe that correct. D & D+ upgrades are only supposed to be available on cruises of 5 nights or more.

What may have happened is that something took place to someone in an inside cabin (flooding?) and instead of moving them to the GS, they upgraded the OP and gave their JS to the folks with the problem

This reminds me of the cruises where they offer a prize in bingo of moving to the Royal Suite for the remainder of the trip. The last time that I saw this was last fall on the Radiance. As a preview, the Royal Suite was open for viewing during afternoon and the game was that evening. It was a 5-day Mexico sailing.

Does your likelihood of being upgraded depend on your initial cabin booking? If you start out at the most basic interior cabin reservation, are you less likely to be upgraded to a suite than if you started out at a balcony cabin? (Assuming you're otherwise eligible because of C&A status)

Congratulations, enjoy!! I get a smile when I see these postings and hope everyone who gets an upgrade really enjoys it.

Always hoped someday to get "that call" but as this will most likely be our last cruise, very doubtful:( This cruise was/is a special one for us. We both lost our jobs last year and figured no more cruises. I have had 2 knee surgeries in the last year and half and really depressed. We booked another cruise but ended up cancelling as a family member needed financial help. Then unbeknownst to me, my DH booked this cruise, said we both needed it and if it were to be our last then it might as well be the best. We have started with RCCL so we may end our cruising with them. What better way the on the Oasis:)

Congrats -

I didn't think they offered D+ upgrades on shorter sailings till you had 50 or 75 cruises.

M

Its 75.......but you might get lucky and get a call from the revenue dept......thats what happened to me........

anyway,wow OP...that was a nice surprise!

Archived